Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

I am not fan of that firstborn thing (especially if that bargain was with Amora), hopefully actual issue is not going to be what I fear it will be.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atren View Post
    I am not fan of that firstborn thing (especially if that bargain was with Amora), hopefully actual issue is not going to be what I fear it will be.
    I don't think it can be like that, Amora seems to care a lot about her son Iric (with Alvi too even if he can't feel the same about her) when he visits her, I think Amora is going to protect her sons not abandon them.

I would like people to comment more, I do not think it is an excuse or a justification that there is no news about her when there are (this Strange Academy Special related to the Death of Doctor Strange announced 2-3 days ago is an example of it), this is already more lack of interest on the part of the people than anything else.

To me, personally, it is one thing that for once they are really going to focus on her in something interesting for the first time in a long time, perhaps the closest thing to a one-shot related to her although the protagonists will surely be her children and I do not think that Amora is going to be especially bad here which is good and she would move away from all of the above, perhaps a way to begin to redeem herself by protecting her children from whatever entity is going for them. And that possibly her children are more like her or at least one of them than she might like and that would not be easy to deal with.

As I said before I truly appreciate these things but still no confirmation of an Enchantress in the MCU. I'm enjoying Loki series but the only way to see Amora is in the comics.

I have observed that from the Illuminati series to Strange Academy there has been a curious continuity, I do not know if it was something thought or by pure coincidence because it seems to follow events connecting the history of the Enchantress in recent years.

It is said that the father of Iric and Alvi, students of the Strange Academy are children of a guardian of Odin's palace and their mother we already know that is the Enchantress (Amora)

This is already very summarized and not very detailed on my part, I am sorry but I think it is understood or can be understood.

If we start with Illuminati 5, the companions of the Hood group discover that Sylvie Lushton is not the Original Enchantress because one of the elite guards clearly knows that she is not the Enchantress when she tries to attack like she was crazy, surely that guard who hits her as if she was nothing else, could be this man who is the father of the boys of the Academy, after that and after the parenthesis with that saga of Standoff, the final issue of the Illuminati series, Amora the Enchantress appears as out of nowhere (perhaps someone warned her about Sylvie Lushton and goes to see her) and banishes Sylvie to a place that we still do not know where she is and that clearly Sylvie must be taking her time, learning and becoming stronger and more powerful (I refuse to believe that she is dead, mainly because of her connection with Loki).

Then we have the whole saga of the War of the Realms, where Amora ends up imprisoned near the world tree Yggdrasil, then the Strange Academy series begins where we are introduced to two young blond Asgardians who we know nothing about except that their father seems to be a palace guard, they show a good level of magic, being Alvi better than his brother, in Strange Academy 10, Iric on a study trip is going to visit his mother in secret and that's where we know that Amora is that absent mother (possibly she never wanted any of her children to have a complicated life or drag them with her, knowing herself of what she is able of and that is why she preferred that they stay with their father, oblivious to the problems), she is affectionate and concerned with him, she shows neither indifference, nor disdain, nor anything wrong.

Loki clearly knows that side of Amora's life and seems to get along with them. I wonder about Iric and Alvi aunt Lorelei and what's her relationship with them.

And then we'll have that Strange Academy special about the Death of Doctor Strange that I'm already looking forward to exploring the boys' relationship with their mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    If we start with Illuminati 5, the companions of the Hood group discover that Sylvie Lushton is not the Original Enchantress because one of the elite guards clearly knows that she is not the Enchantress when she tries to attack like she was crazy, surely that guard who hits her as if she was nothing else, could be this man who is the father of the boys of the Academy, after that and after the parenthesis with that saga of Standoff, the final issue of the Illuminati series, Amora the Enchantress appears as out of nowhere (perhaps someone warned her about Sylvie Lushton and goes to see her) and banishes Sylvie to a place that we still do not know where she is and that clearly Sylvie must be taking her time, learning and becoming stronger and more powerful (I refuse to believe that she is dead, mainly because of her connection with Loki).
    Maybe. It's interesting that Amora hooked up with a palace guard and birthed his children instead of someone with more power and statue considering she's usually drawn to power and luxury. They need to address who the palace guard is properly. As for Sylvie I think she's in the character limbo that she's not officially dead and if a writer wants to tell a story with her, she can be easily brought back. If she is indeed a creation of Loki can she be truly killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Maybe. It's interesting that Amora hooked up with a palace guard and birthed his children instead of someone with more power and statue considering she's usually drawn to power and luxury. They need to address who the palace guard is properly. As for Sylvie I think she's in the character limbo that she's not officially dead and if a writer wants to tell a story with her, she can be easily brought back. If she is indeed a creation of Loki can she be truly killed?
    That is also something that I would like to know, because clearly it is a question that gives a complexity never seen before to a character like her, nor is she that good, but she is not that bad and many times that has been seen, Amora is someone who never reveals her secrets to anyone, just a few ones and she has many of them, she loves to meet and know other people, but she does not let anyone know her, at least on certain levels, including Thor for whom she in the depths of her heart feels something that it does not seems to be reciprocated.

Of course, I agree on the Sylvie point but maybe she already overcome his creator and maybe she's truly free of him. I would love as many times I said that she is back soon, specially with the popularity of the Sylvie character on Loki tv series.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 07-13-2021 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Nice, but sometimes I wonder what means these lists.

Preview of Captain Marvel 30 with more Amora.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/07/15/ma...ain-marvel-30/

I have no idea how this can be connected with Strange Academy or that possibly what is going to happen here, can make Amora decide and realize she can rekindle her relationship with her sons.

Or the easiest explanation: Magic, and the fact that Amora is a magic user of high/godly level that can use illusions to be at various places at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Preview of Captain Marvel 30 with more Amora.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/07/15/ma...ain-marvel-30/

I have no idea how this can be connected with Strange Academy or that possibly what is going to happen here, can make Amora decide and realize she can rekindle her relationship with her sons.

Or the easiest explanation: Magic, and the fact that Amora is a magic user of high/godly level that can use illusions to be at various places at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I really loved and liked how Jacopo Camagni draws Amora, she looks so pretty and cute.

A little thought

Currently I have decided that I'm not going to continue reading the Thor book, the whole hammer thing and all that is already starting to be very exhausting, I feel like living in a deja vu, since Jason Aaron's disastrous run in Thor (his Avengers are not better).

I like Donny Cates as a writer, I have read his Venom from the beginning to King in Black, his Doctor Strange run, Silver Surfer Black, currently Crossover in Image is looking very good to me and I hope the Hulk is worth it because Al Ewing has risen very much and set the bar high, but I can't stand Cates in Thor, I think maybe I should have left the book at the end of the War of the Realms and not even started his Thor run.

I have read Thor practically in an uninterrupted way from Walter Simonson to the present, even in the worst stages of the character, mainly because of a single character who has had more than one ups and downs because the writers did not know very well what to do with her, obviously I am talking about the Enchantress.

It is very obvious that we are not going to see Amora in the entire Cates run, mainly because he does not care and because he has no plans for her and because she is already appearing and even developing little by little in other people's books (Captain Marvel and Strange Academy) to the one who saw her born in 1964.

The issue of Amora's children is an important point that breaks many things related to the character, that is something that should not be ignored under any circumstances and should not have a going back, simply because some writer does not care at all and that Amora should be exactly the same as in 1964, her first appearance, unchanged. Amora was always someone with secrets, only few people knows different sides of her, no one seems to know who were her parents, Lorelei (her younger sister) and Loki seems the only ones enough close to her that knows more than the majority of people.

Then we have the case of Sylvie Lushton, a character who, although she seems to have more popularity because of the Loki series although it is very different from her version of the comics, we have not heard from her since 2015 where she last appeared in the 7-issue series called Illuminati.

I can understand that there are people who for the simple fact of not being Asgardian or because they simply believe that she is a shameless and younger copy of Amora the original Enchantress, Sylvie almost would not deserve to exist, but that would have to be thought and develop it better, because of the connection with Loki (He still has to pay for damaging some people, he still is not redeemed at 100%).

She should have enjoyed of a different role, she had different goals from Amora, she wanted to be a heroine and be respected, also living adventures, but she had bad luck to be involved with villains and the changes that Loki was undergoing, surely they left Sylvie with the head completely like a puzzle that needs all its pieces to continue working and complete. Sylvie was simply a victim / pawn of Loki, someone who Loki, simply for fun had the life she had on Broxton, being taken from her before the Asgardians arrived.

The fact that Amora and Sylvie can be friends and companions, would change a lot the usual dynamics and the objectives of the first one and the fact of getting to know Amora's children better and how is their relationship with their mother, even the dynamics between her and Thor. I remember one thing during Ellis's run in Thor, World Engine storyline in which Amora recognized that she had hurt many people, but especially herself with her actions and that, thinking in different contexts, can say a lot.

Amora is as complex or more than Loki and she is as redeemable as him or even more.

I do not know if in these boards, despite who writes in the thread (which most of the time is just me, and it seems that except for two more, no one else does) people really have any opinion about it or simply they care so little about the character that it would make no difference if she died and more than 20 or 30 years passed and someone suddenly got her back.

I find Amora much more interesting than clear-cut heroes. I've always been drawn to characters that can take different roles (hero, villain, anti-hero etc.) in different stories while staying true to their character which is why Doom, Amora and Namor are some of my favorites in comics. I think the seeming disinterest in Amora is due to writers not being interested in her (her roles in CM and Strange Academy are good but she doesn't appear regularly in any book) and not having many appearances in other media. I've seen Amora only in Hulk vs Thor and Avengers EMH outside of comics. While Doom didn't have any luck with his movie appearaces he has multiple game appearances and he appears frequently in comics. Namor too is a regular in many line wide events and recently had Atlantis Attacks limited series. I don't understand why Amora isn't used in video games. Her powerset would translate perfectly to MvC series or she can be an unlockable boss in MUA series.