Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Tell me more about where Ove came from as far as concocting a new big bad for Carol?

Thompson: A big goal of ours from the beginning has been to develop a great rogues' gallery for Carol. So many of her big villains are borrowed from other characters or have been lost to them, others have moved on in one way or another, like Rogue, or Carol’s just way too powerful for them to be a serious threat at this point. So we’ve tried to both create new villains and do rehab on some old ones to really build up that gallery for her.

In Ove I wanted someone truly powerful that could really be a threat for Carol and give her a sort of "Days of Future Past" storyline that would have lasting impact for her. Amora will always be a Thor character—but Ove straddles that line nicely and I think he can be a great villain for her going forward—especially after the events of CAPTAIN MARVEL #30.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=125032134
    It is what I have said, this is not going to have a real follow-up just for the sake of the book appeared, I found more interesting the relationship of Amora and Lorelei or Amora and her sons from the Academy, I expect more from it than what's going on with Ove that I can't find him a true menacing villain even for Carol. And Amora can't feel the same for him than for her sons (her real and present ones) because of trust.

cbr

Enchantess
    However, Captain Marvel's foray into the world of magic does come with some serious repercussions. Carol has so far been working with the Enchantress to find a mystical element that could protect her from all forms of magic. Although Enchantress has been an ally so far, Carol fears what she could do if she learns this is all being done to help Captain Marvel eventually defeat (and potentially kill) her future son, Ova.

Enchantress finds out the truth with telepathy and brings Ova into the battle itself. However, Carol tricks Ova into consuming the element instead, draining him of his mastery of the mystic arts -- and earning the ire of the Enchantress, with the Asgardian villain vowing revenge against Captain Marvel.

https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-r...-relationship/

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    cbr

Enchantess
    However, Captain Marvel's foray into the world of magic does come with some serious repercussions. Carol has so far been working with the Enchantress to find a mystical element that could protect her from all forms of magic. Although Enchantress has been an ally so far, Carol fears what she could do if she learns this is all being done to help Captain Marvel eventually defeat (and potentially kill) her future son, Ova.

Enchantress finds out the truth with telepathy and brings Ova into the battle itself. However, Carol tricks Ova into consuming the element instead, draining him of his mastery of the mystic arts -- and earning the ire of the Enchantress, with the Asgardian villain vowing revenge against Captain Marvel.

https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-r...-relationship/
    Another thing that I already said, I'm tired of Amora the Enchantress being always the villain, never with a chance that of course, she's pretty able of doing something good, but writers always forced and pushed to never change Amora status, I just can't take it anymore.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 07-22-2021 at 10:44 AM.

An Amazing pic I found, I think maybe looks like more a grown-up Sylvie Lushton because of the braids and maybe a bit the tiara than Amora but both are very similar on their looks with the difference on age and eye colour

denqtq7-aca68267-45b9-493c-9d41-43d5b8be7154.jpg

Looks beautiful. Fur cloak is very asgardian. It may be a more warrior look for Amora though I think the high heels kinda go against that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Looks beautiful. Fur cloak is very asgardian. It may be a more warrior look for Amora though I think the high heels kinda go against that.
    Completely agreed. Well it's pretty much Amora fashionable style

I find it weird that over the years Amora's look remained almost unchanged with minor differences. While I love her classic design I won't mind a little variety.

I find it weird that over the years Amora's look remained almost unchanged with minor differences. While I love her classic design I won't mind a little variety.
    Me too but why the change when something it's so good, it's make her different and unique, even Sylvie Lushton and Lorelei (Lorelei looks like a warrior now, at least she is not a copy of Red Sonja) looks changed and still can change, if we are going to see Sylvie Lushton again you can expect a look similar to the Sylvie of Loki tv series

Strange Academy may be the perfect book to bring Sylvie back. Perhaps in the Death of DS tie in they learn about Sylvie from Amora and in a later issue they go looking for her. Or maybe Sylvie finds her way to Strange Academy from wherever Amora sent her.

Strange Academy may be the perfect book to bring Sylvie back. Perhaps in the Death of DS tie in they learn about Sylvie from Amora and in a later issue they go looking for her. Or maybe Sylvie finds her way to Strange Academy from wherever Amora sent her.
    Yeah I feel the same way but there is one problem, to bring Sylvie being back some writer/s has to remember her.

I think that one of the main problems related to Amora the Enchantress as a character is that when the writers use her in their stories, in the end it is always someone else's story (it is clear that the most recent thing, it has to be taken that way, was the story of Captain Marvel and there it stays, whether or not if it makes sense or there is connection with the fact that she has two children who study at the academy of the doctor strange) and that I think, is the biggest problem (there is another, that looks like she barely is a part of Thor stories actually) there is, Amora the Enchantress is a character who has 57 years of history in Marvel since 1964 of her first appearance.

Could someone tell me exactly if there is any story among all her appearances that could be considered as an Amora story? Please, I truly want someone answer this.

I have all my hopes on that October special of Strange Academy but it is evident that everything will revolve around her children and little related to her, it is not even certain that something is explained that can really redeem her instead of hurting her even more without remedy.

Sometimes I have the feeling that if Marvel sells the character to another publisher, maybe she can be saved at last of being written right for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    I think that one of the main problems related to Amora the Enchantress as a character is that when the writers use her in their stories, in the end it is always someone else's story (it is clear that the most recent thing, it has to be taken that way, was the story of Captain Marvel and there it stays, whether or not if it makes sense or there is connection with the fact that she has two children who study at the academy of the doctor strange) and that I think, is the biggest problem (there is another, that looks like she barely is a part of Thor stories actually) there is, Amora the Enchantress is a character who has 57 years of history in Marvel since 1964 of her first appearance.

Could someone tell me exactly if there is any story among all her appearances that could be considered as an Amora story? Please, I truly want someone answer this.

I have all my hopes on that October special of Strange Academy but it is evident that everything will revolve around her children and little related to her, it is not even certain that something is explained that can really redeem her instead of hurting her even more without remedy.

Sometimes I have the feeling that if Marvel sells the character to another publisher, maybe she can be saved at last of being written right for once.
    I'm not as knowledgeable on Amora as you are but I haven't read any story that I would consider Amora's story. Even when she is written heroically she's not the main focus like when she defended Asgard against Surtur. She needs her own title to tell her own story which shouldn't be that hard as marvel gave freakin Reptil his own series.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 07-27-2021 at 06:46 AM.

I'm not as knowledgeable on Amora as you are but I haven't read any story that I would consider Amora's story. Even when she is written heroically she's not the main focus like when she defended Asgard against Surtur. She needs her own title to tell her own story which shouldn't be that hard as marvel gave freakin Reptil his own series.
    At this point I begin to think that soon we will end up having a limited or an ongoing series of the Frog Thor known as Throg and in the meantime, Amora will continue to be marginalized in a bad way, it really is difficult and incredible to think that with so many years that the character has, practically never she has had her own story, neither origin nor anything, not even in various specials/annuals that have existed of the Mighty Thor or new series related to Journey to the Mystery, not even a single writer has thought about it and as I said 57 years and I put it big because it is reality.

still waiting more opinions and answers to the question.

A bit of art, Amora the Enchantress by Neal Adams

Attached Images Attached Images