Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Zeb Wells can be another alternative. I really like his work on Hellions. His writing has a wicked sense of humor which I think should fit Amora well. The curse of Amora is that writers aren't willing make her step out of her villain role so the character stagnates. It's even worse that they aren't using her that often as a villain either. Taking a new approach may rejuvenate her but Marvel isn't committed to it. My hope is that someone like Ewing makes a pitch and editors let him do whatever he wants. If it's up to the higher ups at marvel she will be trapped in a never ending cycle. It's the same problem Wanda's suffering ever since HoM. The difference is Amora has been suffering from it ever since her inception.
    It's another nice choice that I liked too.

True and that is precisely the biggest problem, with any of the characters of X-men (heroes or villains) or Spider-Man that problem has never existed and the writers have always done what they wanted but I suppose that is due to their high popularity index that has allowed it for decades, in Thor they never do it and everything is reduced to such a low number of characters and they hardly take advantage of anything (I would love to see being back a book like Journey Into Mystery, that would allow as in the past to take advantage of other characters or create new plots for the main book and we would not always see the same things).

In the Avengers they have already stagnated with the same characters within the team and those that people love the most seem to no longer have space in that book.

With Amora who is as important and as complex as Loki in every way, they never dare and when they do, they do not risk anything, they do not continue forward or return to the starting box and there it stays, that's why for me I like it so much the character, anything that comes out of being a villain, I will always be considered it an improvement and currently I am very tired of the writers being only able to do one thing with her and also humiliate her by facing weaker characters than her.

I recently read thor issue 383 secret wars tie in and while having problems with how Amora's powers are depicted I quite enjoyed her character there. Far more than how she's usually written as a villain. It is actually a tragedy since that was written in 1987 and for 34 years the writers didn't let her character grow much.
    This is one of the few issues of Thor that I always liked and I think it was DeFalco first issue of Thor after Walter Simonson.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Tbe current Avengers side of Marvel is suffering from bad writing and horrible character development, in particular because the Avengers ended in Endgame in MCU.
    Unfortunately it is like that, I already dropped Avengers book but since its beginning when they presented that thing of the prehistoric Avengers, I feel more sane not to read it.

Fantastic Member

I recently read thor issue 383 secret wars tie in and while having problems with how Amora's powers are depicted I quite enjoyed her character there. Far more than how she's usually written as a villain. It is actually a tragedy since that was written in 1987 and for 34 years the writers didn't let her character grow much.
    Been a while since I've read any of my Thor back issues from that era, and my collection is spotty at best, so I may have missed that one altogether, but I'll check it out.

One of my favorite stories featuring Amora is the post-Siege Avengers: Prime mini. Even though, as usual, she's a supporting character to the larger narrative, she's presented as strong, capable, courageous and very powerful, and with more depth than the typical "guest villan" treatment she usually receives. Ever since first reading the story I've felt it was a huge missed opportunity for a follow-up redemption arc, or at the very least some significant character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Disaster View Post
    Been a while since I've read any of my Thor back issues from that era, and my collection is spotty at best, so I may have missed that one altogether, but I'll check it out.

One of my favorite stories featuring Amora is the post-Siege Avengers: Prime mini. Even though, as usual, she's a supporting character to the larger narrative, she's presented as strong, capable, courageous and very powerful, and with more depth than the typical "guest villan" treatment she usually receives. Ever since first reading the story I've felt it was a huge missed opportunity for a follow-up redemption arc, or at the very least some significant character development.
    Yeah, me too, Avengers Prime is one of these things that was a good spot on the character (can't believe it was Bendis who wrote it), the other one was (even if it was a bit little) Loki: Agent of Asgard by Al Ewing, the rest pure garbage and a nonsense that needs to be forgotten soon, I hope that the Strange Academy has continuity and it would be fantastic if Donny Cates stops doing the nonsense he is doing and remembers her and also that he really cares because he is not showing the slightest interest in her in what he has been in the issues he is writing in Thor.

Marvel has a huge problem regarding the character and they need clearly to focus more on her, not sidelines her at every opportunity that ends being missed everytime at every year making involutions and making her one-dimensional when she is even more complex than Loki because if they continue like this, the other option would be the worst and it would be basically to kill her and wait more than 20-30 years for someone to want to remember her and reinvigorate her as an important character who deserves to be loved.

Three nice pics

And this is always so delightful to see and admire, I always loved that pic

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    And this is always so delightful to see and admire, I always loved that pic

That's amazing. My favorite Amora artwork is this

Enchantress_(Marvel_Comics)_art_by_Jo_Chen.jpg

It looks like drawings you'd find in a mythology book. If she had her headpiece then it would be literally perfect.

That's amazing. My favorite Amora artwork is this

Enchantress_(Marvel_Comics)_art_by_Jo_Chen.jpg

It looks like drawings you'd find in a mythology book. If she had her headpiece then it would be literally perfect.
    Yeah, I loved it too.

This pic was from a cover of Thor: Son of Asgard from 2004-2005, concretely issue 8, also this was from issue 9. Pretty cool too.

An amazing new pic

That's lovely. Is it the moon behind Amora?

That's lovely. Is it the moon behind Amora?
    It's looks like or maybe an alien planet, not sure.

Two new pics

A new one

Clark is really enjoying it

Clark is really enjoying it
    Personally I found better the other two pics, but clearly and knowing Superman weakness to magic, he is not match for her.