Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    It watched it and it was very nice, everyone knows how the MCU diverges from comics but sometimes things can be accurate, not the case but I think Sylvie can be guided to the direction of being The Enchantress at last.

Cool we're getting Sylvie in the MCU though she's a bit older to be in Young Avengers right? Maybe they make her a mentor figure for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Cool we're getting Sylvie in the MCU though she's a bit older to be in Young Avengers right? Maybe they make her a mentor figure for the team.
    Actually, yes. On comics, I think she has the same age that Wiccan. It would be weird, though so nice if happen.

If Marvel decides to make another Young Avengers book, I would love to see Sylvie here.

Amazing Member

So is MCU Sylvie more Sylvie from 616 or more Amora from 616?

At this rate I’d say she is definitely more Sylvie than Amora. As so far her motivations and actions appear to not be aligned with what the 616 Amora would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataphract View Post
    So is MCU Sylvie more Sylvie from 616 or more Amora from 616?

At this rate I’d say she is definitely more Sylvie than Amora. As so far her motivations and actions appear to not be aligned with what the 616 Amora would do.
    I have no idea, maybe a mix between both, also I read what Drops of Venus said on the Loki thread and looks like that in episode 3 of Loki, Sylvie Lushton's creators Paul Cornell and Mark Brooks are in the credits.

Probably, also Sylvie Lushton on comics seems to wanted desperately be a hero but has very bad luck on it and finishes aligned with villains when she doesn't consider herself part of them. She can be considered what Scarlet Witch, QuickSilver, Hawkeye and Black Widow were on their beginnings but there is no Captain America who can help Sylvie change right now.

Spectacular Member

I'm curious how they will synergize comics Sylvie's characters with her MCU version now because the MCU version is more of an amalgamation of Lady Loki and Enchantress/Sylvie. In the comics, Lady Loki was just Loki but different gender, while Sylvie was her own separate character. So I wonder how the comics would reconcile those two characters to resemble more like Sylvie in the TV show.

I guess they don't have to, but Marvel often loves to synergize with their movies. I don't really mind it as long as it isn't a one-to-one cut-paste from the MCU, though there are instances that I don't mind it either. Besides, giving the popularity of these Disney+ shows, Marvel will be foolish to not include some of the more popular aspects into the comics. I totally expect to see Captain America Sam Wilson, Agatha, Mobius, and Monica Rambeau pop again in the coming months.

One way the comics could go about with Sylvie is just to keep her mostly the same. Maybe write her more akin to her in the show, and possibly give her an outfit more closely resembling the show's version. However, what makes it tricky is that Sylvie isn't just Sylvie in the show, she is also essentially Lady Loki as well. The reason why the show gave her that name, and give her powers similar to the Enchantress, was to help differentiate her from guy Loki.

A possible easy solution could just write in a revelation that she was created by Loki. I haven't read any comics with Sylvie in it, so my information could be wrong, but from what I can gather her backstory is either she was a normal girl who was given powers by Loki, OR she was completely made out of thin air by Loki. I guess, either way, they can always retcon to be the former case, and reveal that Loki created her by using a part of himself (maybe a soul or something more creative like that). And then from there, she'll start using powers similar to both the Enchantress and Loki.

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but it's been on my mind since they revealed Lady Loki in the show was going to go by Sylvie in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    I'm curious how they will synergize comics Sylvie's characters with her MCU version now because the MCU version is more of an amalgamation of Lady Loki and Enchantress/Sylvie. In the comics, Lady Loki was just Loki but different gender, while Sylvie was her own separate character. So I wonder how the comics would reconcile those two characters to resemble more like Sylvie in the TV show.
    That would be complex, to begin with, Sylvie Lushton has to return from wherever place Amora sent her since the latter clearly wants to see what she is capable of and that is why she did not kill her at the end of the Illuminati series but sent her away even though she was angry because Sylvie stole her name but encouraged and flattered because someone wanted to be like her, that suddenly Sylvie could be more like her version in the Loki series, it is not something that can be done overnight out of nowhere, Sylvie surely and now it will itself be much stronger and more powerful in addition to being resolutive than she was before and that alone would be enough to develop her after its previous appearances. And then there is the issue since in the comics it did not happen, even discovering that he was the one who changed her, a meeting between the two (Sylvie and Loki).

I guess they don't have to, but Marvel often loves to synergize with their movies. I don't really mind it as long as it isn't a one-to-one cut-paste from the MCU, though there are instances that I don't mind it either. Besides, giving the popularity of these Disney+ shows, Marvel will be foolish to not include some of the more popular aspects into the comics. I totally expect to see Captain America Sam Wilson, Agatha, Mobius, and Monica Rambeau pop again in the coming months.
    In that sense I agree with you on your points although I differ, but only on the issue of Mobius and Monica Rambeau, in the case of Captain America Sam Wilson it is already something that we will hardly see again and that of Agatha Harkness, suddenly make her younger and evil it would be absurd.

One way the comics could go about with Sylvie is just to keep her mostly the same. Maybe write her more akin to her in the show, and possibly give her an outfit more closely resembling the show's version. However, what makes it tricky is that Sylvie isn't just Sylvie in the show, she is also essentially Lady Loki as well. The reason why the show gave her that name, and give her powers similar to the Enchantress, was to help differentiate her from guy Loki.
    Because of that, I love Sylvie's comic version but characters should be themselves not different versions to match with the comics. Sylvie Lushton for me is a girl from Broxton, Oklahoma and not simply the creation of Loki or someone who suddenly changes sex and creates a new identity forgetting the previous one, she is someone who clearly has her problems and emotions and an encounter, and Talking to Loki, the current one, can help her find her place in the world as the heroine she originally wanted to be. The people of the show version just take their freedom to do whatever thing they wanted and actually this Sylvie of the Loki series it's the best we can have actually regarding of being the Enchantress if she finishes being it.

A possible easy solution could just write in a revelation that she was created by Loki. I haven't read any comics with Sylvie in it, so my information could be wrong, but from what I can gather her backstory is either she was a normal girl who was given powers by Loki, OR she was completely made out of thin air by Loki. I guess, either way, they can always retcon to be the former case, and reveal that Loki created her by using a part of himself (maybe a soul or something more creative like that). And then from there, she'll start using powers similar to both the Enchantress and Loki.

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but it's been on my mind since they revealed Lady Loki in the show was going to go by Sylvie in the show.
    That's more or less what I think, I like Sylvie Lushton and I wish she was more related to Amora and perhaps less to Loki (even though he was the one who gave her, her powers because he missed her old ally, possibly and that the fact that something happened to him, it affected Sylvie on various levels as apparently it seemed to happen), after all, she decides to be like Amora because possibly she has seen her several times and likes her style when she was human and not someone who has received powers out of nowhere because someone wanted to have fun at her expense.

With all the things that have happened to Loki since Siege, Sylvie Lushton may have gone through different emotional phases not seen yet.

My idea and theory would be more of a mentor-disciple relationship between Amora and Sylvie, an almost familiar and respectful connection.

Not agree, Amora is a goddess and this is high words.

I am not a fan of DC's Enchantress. She's a literal entity and that makes her one dimensional. I have the same problem with Doctor Fate. Once he puts on the helmet he's no longer Kent Nelson but a literal god of order and it's hard to write a compelling story with such a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I am not a fan of DC's Enchantress. She's a literal entity and that makes her one dimensional. I have the same problem with Doctor Fate. Once he puts on the helmet he's no longer Kent Nelson but a literal god of order and it's hard to write a compelling story with such a character.
    Completely agreed

Doble Silvie and Loki

Doble Silvie and Loki

So cool!

For some reason I can't see images both on my pc and on my phone
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 06-25-2021 at 12:56 PM.