Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default would mr immortal be allowed on krakoa

was reading immortal hulk and just got to the point with the one above all where craig shows up and i had the thought, how would the nation of krakoa, made up of the next step of human evolution, feel towards the man who is evolved past them and could be the first a new species to replace them one day. would he be allowed on the island? would the likes of exodus try to get rid of him?

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    was reading immortal hulk and just got to the point with the one above all where craig shows up and i had the thought, how would the nation of krakoa, made up of the next step of human evolution, feel towards the man who is evolved past them and could be the first a new species to replace them one day. would he be allowed on the island? would the likes of exodus try to get rid of him?
    I guess it would depend. As he is the only one of his kind i could see mutants using him for mating or sinister just stealing his DNA. Otherwise he is pretty much doomed to walk around by himself for all eternity, especially if his unique biology can't be passed on naturally. And he doesn't really have the powerset to be a danger to mutants so i can't really see exodus or anyone trying to get rid of him. More likely than not Mr. Immortal right now is an anomaly even among humanity.

Now i wonder if he is like sterile.

Thinking about it even further it makes sense to me that his status is one of a kind in that it could be a predestined birth. Like the chosen human who will see the end of all things. Perhaps the new" adam" since he would theoretically be the finest of mutant and human. Celestial data to mine when humans are gone. Mr. Immortal actually is very intriguing.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-07-2021 at 06:28 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Yes, a very intriguing thought.

If Mr I died, could the Krakoan mutants bring him back? Would his power prevent this? Change his powers? Somehow extend back to them, enabling them to self-resurrect?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Talking about Great Lakes Avengers, I wonder about Doormans take on the whole Krakoa "Resurrection" thing; being a grim reaper in the service of Oblivion and all.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

If I remember correctly, Mister Immortal is a mutant. I think all the GLA or GLX are mutants...unless it's been retcon again.

So yes, he would be welcomed.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Great, now we have another book to add.

Great Lakes Avengers -> Lightning Rods -> Great Lakes X-Men -> Great Lakes Initiative -> Krakoan X-Men (wait, that's already taken) -> Krakoan Avengers = NEW REIGN OF X TITLE
    Last edited by Cyke; 05-07-2021 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    If I remember correctly, Mister Immortal is a mutant. I think all the GLA or GLX are mutants...unless it's been retcon again.

So yes, he would be welcomed.
    Mr Immortal is not a mutant, he is a Homo supreme. He sometimes presents himself as a mutant but he is not.

Mr Immortal would not be accepted in Krakoa just as a Children of the Vault, an Atlantean or an Inhuman would not be accepted.

Squirrel Girl also had a retcon to say that she was not a mutant.

The rest are mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Mr Immortal is not a mutant, he is a Homo supreme. He sometimes presents himself as a mutant but he is not.

Mr Immortal would not be accepted in Krakoa just as a Children of the Vault, an Atlantean or an Inhuman would not be accepted.

The rest are mutants.
    It does bring up an important point, though -- homo supreme is supposed to be the next step after mutants. But there's no homo supreme in Powers of X since mutants were wiped out and humans evolved into post-humans/homo novissima (the Children of the Vault). So theoretically, homo superior and homo supreme should share more DNA than between homo superior and post-humans, or whatever criteria Krakoa uses to differentiate homo superior from the rest. The Children of the Vault, non-mutant Atlanteans, and Inhumans aren't part of the same tree as homo superior.

Jamie Madrox can come and go through the gates at his own free will, even though he's a homo killcrop/changeling, the step between humans and homo superior. Jamie's considered a step back from mutants but is accepted as one of them. Mr. Immortal is considered a step forward. (but, given some of the egos on the Council, I wouldn't put it past them to ban Mr. Immortal from the island for being that step ahead when they're trying to make the the ideal mutant society -- which is different than being accepted as a mutant like Jamie)

Lastly, Krakoa seems to be able to allow non-mutants to come and go just as long as there's permission anyway, like Northstar's husband Kyle. Speed is also technically a mutant, but one reincarnated/born from magical means as Wanda's son, so he's not a natural born mutant like everyone else, yet he also has the same access privileges.

But then one subtle theme in this Hickman run seems to be the limits of mutant imagination -- modern day mutants don't really think about their own next evolutionary step, whereas in Powers of X, mutants aren't given the chance to reach that step. Theoretically, PoX shows a world where homo supreme is outright prevented.
    Last edited by Cyke; 05-07-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    It does bring up an important point, though -- homo supreme is supposed to be the next step after mutants. But there's no homo supreme in Powers of X since mutants were wiped out and humans evolved into post-humans/homo novissima (the Children of the Vault). So theoretically, homo superior and homo supreme should share more DNA than between homo superior and post-humans, or whatever criteria Krakoa uses to differentiate homo superior from the rest. The Children of the Vault, non-mutant Atlanteans, and Inhumans aren't part of the same tree as homo superior.

Jamie Madrox can come and go through the gates at his own free will, even though he's a homo killcrop/changeling, the step between humans and homo superior. Jamie's considered a step back from mutants but is accepted as one of them. Mr. Immortal is considered a step forward. (but, given some of the egos on the Council, I wouldn't put it past them to ban Mr. Immortal from the island for being that step ahead when they're trying to make the the ideal mutant society -- which is different than being accepted as a mutant like Jamie)

Lastly, Krakoa seems to be able to allow non-mutants to come and go just as long as there's permission anyway, like Northstar's husband Kyle. Speed is also technically a mutant, but one reincarnated/born from magical means as Wanda's son, so he's not a natural born mutant like everyone else, yet he also has the same access privileges.

But then one subtle theme in this Hickman run seems to be the limits of mutant imagination -- modern day mutants don't really think about their own next evolutionary step, whereas in Powers of X, mutants aren't given the chance to reach that step. Theoretically, PoX shows a world where homo supreme is outright prevented.
    The problem is that everything seems to indicate that there is only one Homo supreme and it is Mr Immortal. His role is supposed to be back-up in case something happens to Franklin Richards to become the next Galactus when the universe dies.

It is difficult to define a species when it only has one member.

Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

Mr. Immortal is a prime example of a non-homo-superior human mutant. Other examples are Kaga (Irradiated human, Textbook definition of mutant) and Dark Angel who was picked up by cerebro as a new type of mutant. Theoretically, they should be allowed on Krakoa, maybe not Kaga, but they are 100% mutants just not x gene mutants, kinda similar to alien or non-human mutants like Broo or Crosta.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantTheorist View Post
    Mr. Immortal is a prime example of a non-homo-superior human mutant. Other examples are Kaga (Irradiated human, Textbook definition of mutant) and Dark Angel who was picked up by cerebro as a new type of mutant. Theoretically, they should be allowed on Krakoa, maybe not Kaga, but they are 100% mutants just not x gene mutants, kinda similar to alien or non-human mutants like Broo or Crosta.
    Squirrel Girl is another example of a mutant human with no X-Gene. From what was stated, Broo is welcomed as an ally of Krakoa but he is not strictly part of Krakoa.

Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

Squirrel Girl is another example of a mutant human with no X-Gene. From what was stated, Broo is welcomed as an ally of Krakoa but he is not strictly part of Krakoa.
    Broo is actually a citizen of Krakoa and judging from the likes of SWORD, mutant aliens are soon to be welcomed, and if not the x men have had a fair amount of non-human- mutants on their team.

The rest are mutants.
    Does he have the X-gene?

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Does he have the X-gene?
    No, he hasn't. He says he's a mutant but it's like when Squirrel Girl is said to be a mutant because of her "squirrel gene" or Thanos is a "mutant titan".

No, he hasn't. He says he's a mutant but it's like when Squirrel Girl is said to be a mutant because of her "squirrel gene" or Thanos is a "mutant titan".
    So he's a different branch of the mutant tree...with no X-gene. Interesting.

I wonder if he a Neo or a offshoot Proto-Mutants like Gabriel Shepherd. He's a D-List character, so I wonder if this will ever be brought up again.