Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I wonder if he a Neo or a offshoot Proto-Mutants like Gabriel Shepherd. He's a D-List character, so I wonder if this will ever be brought up again.
    I hope so about the Proto-Mutants. They were a really interesting concept, and maybe that was the best arc from Wood's run on X-Men.

BANNED

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    "Mr. Immortal was not Homo superior, but the first member of the new species Homo supreme, the final step of evolution, apart from both humans and mutants." So not mutant at all, but not a mutate either.

I also wonder that in this Krakoan context where he is exactly now. He hasn't been mentioned since his one-time appearance as Franklin's substitute in Ewing's Immortal Hulk run.

A weird idea... What if Franklin is also a homo supreme and not a mutant? (I know that Slott retconned Franklin's mutant status, but come on... I don't think it will last forever.. just until the next writer. )
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Jamie Madrox can come and go through the gates at his own free will, even though he's a homo killcrop/changeling, the step between humans and homo superior. Jamie's considered a step back from mutants but is accepted as one of them. Mr. Immortal is considered a step forward. (but, given some of the egos on the Council, I wouldn't put it past them to ban Mr. Immortal from the island for being that step ahead when they're trying to make the the ideal mutant society -- which is different than being accepted as a mutant like Jamie).
    But Jamie's big deal is that he was born with his X-gene already turned on, instead of manifesting at puberty, and he's *hardly* the first mutant with that situation. Both Beast and Nightcrawler, to pick two classic X-peeps, were 'born' mutants, visible right from birth, and didn't have to wait for puberty for X-Santa to come down their chimney.

'Killcrop' is, IMO, just a title for a sub-category of mutant, like one with a secondary mutation, and Mister Immortal, for all the fancy title-age, is just another sub-category of mutant, not really all that special, in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    "Mr. Immortal was not Homo superior, but the first member of the new species Homo supreme, the final step of evolution, apart from both humans and mutants." So not mutant at all, but not a mutate either.

I also wonder that in this Krakoan context where he is exactly now. He hasn't been mentioned since his one-time appearance as Franklin's substitute in Ewing's Immortal Hulk run.

A weird idea... What if Franklin is also a homo supreme and not a mutant? (I know that Slott retconned Franklin's mutant status, but come on... I don't think it will last forever.. just until the next writer. )
    That's a good point. Franklin might actually be homo supreme.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    'Killcrop' is, IMO, just a title for a sub-category of mutant, like one with a secondary mutation, and Mister Immortal, for all the fancy title-age, is just another sub-category of mutant, not really all that special, in the grand scheme of things.
    Yeah, it's totally possible that homo supreme is a sub-category of mutant, but it's also stated in comics that it's a step forward in human evolution, it's after homo superior. But I have to admit, the category of homo supreme is described quite vaguely and in a messy way. Hopefully, in the future, some writer (maybe Ewing?) will elaborate on this topic & gives proper background for this category of people.

Also, Craig is a substitute for Franklin & he will live to see the birth of the next universe - I dunno it's enough for having a special place in the grand scheme of things, but it's sorta cool & scary at the same time.

mr immortal_1.jpg
    immortal-hulk-7.jpg
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 10-25-2021 at 09:30 AM.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)