Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Post Maria Hill or Amanda Waller : Which ones is the worst?

As we all know, Amanda always create her own Suicide Squads consist of villains by planting the small bomb into each of the brain inside. Meanwhile, Maria on the other end alway get away from problems and disasters and pit the blame to the others. She even manage to brainwash most of the villains into other civilian identity back all the way at Pleasure Hill.

But still which one of them is still the worst character?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Amanda Waller is a great character in the original run. She was a genuinely decent person repeatedly beaten by life and the system, but still believed in honouring the deals with the villains and that through her program they could be redeemed.

Maria Hill always felt like a plot device rather than a character. She kinda just does whatever shitty thing spurs the next event.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

Waller is the worst, she may have been more sympathetic when her character was introduced, but that time is long gone. She gets away with a lot of BS, makes situations worst and has started kidnapping herose for Suicide Squad.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Amanda Waller is a great character. One of the best DC has. It wouldn't hurt Marvel to kill off MH

Don't really read Marvel and MH from the MCU films never really stood out to me.

I vote Waller since I don't like anything Suicide Squad related.

Waller is a far better written character.

It depends on the era.

Maria Hill in any era of the comics is the worst. I was dissapointed by the end of Taskmaster mini series when it revealed that Hill was alive all along and faked her death.

Amazing Member

Amanda Waller might have kidnapped civilian telepaths, but I don't think that she would actively mock a man who tried to get her help finding missing teenagers because he was mentally ill so... Maria Hill is worse.

Ultimate Member

Waller is sometimes effective, so she's automatically better

Incredible Member

Waller, simple (Only hated Maria inbetween Civil War and Secret Invasion)

Quote Originally Posted by maxax View Post
    Amanda Waller might have kidnapped civilian telepaths, but I don't think that she would actively mock a man who tried to get her help finding missing teenagers because he was mentally ill so... Maria Hill is worse.
    When did this happen?

Astonishing Member

Both suffer from inconsistent writing and can have crazily different portrayals from series to series.

But MH is by far the worst. If she were a real person she would have been committed by now. I'm surprised they haven't made her more consistently more heroic'ish based on the fact she's a definitive good guy (so far) in the MCU.

the MCU version kind of retconned Maria Hill, so people forget how she was initially.

What's she doing now? Is she still dead?

Waller at least retains some of her core competencies and ideals in many incarnations. Sometimes they do push her full villain or more villain, but I think she has a few iconic incarnations that paint her as a multidimenisonal character (good and bad).

616 Maria Hill....... is mostly bad.
    The J-man

Hill is usually set up for failure and is usually little more than a one dimensional hard line authority figure for the heroes to rebel against. That's why I vastly prefer MCU Hill over the 616 Hill.

Waller has had some descent runs where she is a layered character who can go toe-to-toe with even Batman and that off sets some of the stories where she is portrayed as a one dimensional character.