Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cyclone Appreciation Thread 2021

First appearance: Justice Society of America #1 (2007)

7473014-maxine_hunkel_prime_earth_001.jpg

EP38qXFWkAAyTCD.jpg

7532553-cyclonemovieconceptart.jpg

Hope we get to see more of her in the future.

Astonishing Member

I'm sure she'll make a re-appearance soon with Black Adam coming out....

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I'm sure she'll make a re-appearance soon with Black Adam coming out....
    I hope that that too.

In a recent interview that Quintessa Swindell did, they talked about how they have done research about Cyclone, which brings me some relief as my main worry about the movie was the characterization of Maxine. It gives some hopes that her personality will be more or less the same like in the comics.

She better be a motor mouth in the movie:

/

Incredible Member

One of my favorite scenes she had was in "The Lightning Saga", where Stargirl got her to chat with Red Tornado.

Apologies I don't have the complete scene.

Cyclone 1.jpg
    Cyclone 2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    She better be a motor mouth in the movie:

/
    I hope so too.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    One of my favorite scenes she had was in "The Lightning Saga", where Stargirl got her to chat with Red Tornado.

Apologies I don't have the complete scene.

Cyclone 1.jpg
    Cyclone 2.jpg
    It was a great scene. Pity there weren't more interactions between them.

My first thought with Justice Society #1 was 'oh geez, the last thing we need is even more characters', but Cyclone was such a great addition to the cast. Just an all-round great character. Gave us something I didn't realise we were missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    My first thought with Justice Society #1 was 'oh geez, the last thing we need is even more characters', but Cyclone was such a great addition to the cast. Just an all-round great character. Gave us something I didn't realise we were missing.
    Yeah, she was the main reason why I started reading DC in the first place. She was completely different to some of the other new characters introduced during that time.

Maxine would be a great addition to the Titans academy since there is no guarantee she will be in the next JSA book if it ever comes out. Or even better yet an All-Star Squadron book. There seems to be almost as much love for this book as a JSA book.

Cyclone was already seen in a group image from Doomsday Clock #12:

But the latest image for a Justice Society also includes Maxine.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Cyclone was already seen in a group image from Doomsday Clock #12:

But the latest image for a Justice Society also includes Maxine.

I like her old costume much better. Ditto for Mr. T. Did they just go with the worse version when choosing between what the Stargirl special shows and what DDC did? Because DDC seems to be superior in that respect, the redesigns are mostly terrible.

I'd long hoped Maxine would be used again. Actually from their interactions in JSA, JSA All Stars, and the Power Girl series, I'd kind of wished Maxine could have been PG's supporting cast in that solo, rather than Atlee. Until they tried her out in her own mini. I'm not sure if she could sustain a solo title of her own, but it should be worth while to build her up for a bit, then give her a try out in a mini. Hopefully they can do some character work with her in any JSA title that might come out several years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I like her old costume much better. Ditto for Mr. T. Did they just go with the worse version when choosing between what the Stargirl special shows and what DDC did? Because DDC seems to be superior in that respect, the redesigns are mostly terrible.

I'd long hoped Maxine would be used again. Actually from their interactions in JSA, JSA All Stars, and the Power Girl series, I'd kind of wished Maxine could have been PG's supporting cast in that solo, rather than Atlee. Until they tried her out in her own mini. I'm not sure if she could sustain a solo title of her own, but it should be worth while to build her up for a bit, then give her a try out in a mini. Hopefully they can do some character work with her in any JSA title that might come out several years down the road.
    I kinda like the new cape of Cyclone in that image, but yeah I liked Cyclone's old costume better.

I hope we can see more of Maxine in the future, luckily we have the Black Adam movie where we can see her outside the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Maxine would be a great addition to the Titans academy since there is no guarantee she will be in the next JSA book if it ever comes out. Or even better yet an All-Star Squadron book. There seems to be almost as much love for this book as a JSA book.
    I'm not sure Maxine would make sense in an "All-Star Squadron" book since that series had previously focused on the early 1940s / WWII exploits of the various heroes in the DC universe, well before Maxine would have been born.

Or did you maybe mean "JSA All-Stars"?

They will bring her back just in time for the movie.