Amazing Member

Default We need Cecelia Reyes as a main player on an X-Team

I don’t feel I need to over explain or convince anyone of the awesomeness that is Cecelia and all that her character represents. More Cecelia action NEOWWW! Share your enthusiastic thoughts.

DF9A754B-83AF-4CD6-897F-FB500E62B7BA.jpgDF9A754B-83AF-4CD6-897F-FB500E62B7BA.jpg

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Please! I know she's been reluctant to be on an X-Team in the past, but I really want to see her on a roster. She's such a great character
    Make Good Art

She kind of part of X-Force.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I say yes she needs to be a core character on an X-team indeed.

Her support/cameo role in X-Force in not good enough.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I would like to see her more active in the field.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I would put her on X-force full time and put her on the Quiet Council since she’s the main medical officer of Krakoa. Basically she replaces Jean.

Hasn't she always been the character defined by "I don't want to be a superhero"?

I love her. I really enjoyed her introduction in the late 1990s...cannot believe how many great characters (often BPoCs) haven't really been used for 20 years. How is it possible that Synch stayed dead for so long? Why is Cecilia a background character forever?

Do better X-office. Do better...

SWORD could be an interesting place for her to pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Hasn't she always been the character defined by "I don't want to be a superhero"?
    Thats how she was introduced 25 years ago but things change. The CeCe of the mid 90s wouldnt have been as involved with Krakoa and X-force as she currently is and would be one of the mutants that chose to continue living her human life in the US

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    That’s exactly what makes her unique. Someone who could fully be a superhero if she wanted, and keeps getting dragged into situations. It’s actually silly how every person in comics who develops powers is either some amazingly altruistic crime fighting hero or an evil villain. Some people would just wanna keep their lives, right? I think that’s so fresh!

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyP View Post
    That’s exactly what makes her unique. Someone who could fully be a superhero if she wanted, and keeps getting dragged into situations. It’s actually silly how every person in comics who develops powers is either some amazingly altruistic crime fighting hero or an evil villain. Some people would just wanna keep their lives, right? I think that’s so fresh!
    No, there are many people with powers in Marvel who are not a hero or a villain but they do not star in stories because ... they are not heroes or villains.

Maybe a comic like "People of Krakoa" that was just about people living their lives in the island and making the society work while the other teams go around saving the world could work, I don't know.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyP View Post

Agreed her main issue after being attacked by the sentinels was that she had to stop being a doctor and that really made her sad.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed her main issue after being attacked by the sentinels was that she had to stop being a doctor and that really made her sad.
    I would love a comic that was about mutants making their lives in Krakoa out of action but I can't think of the last Marvel comic that wasn't action.

Someone always ends up hitting someone or whatever.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Yes we do. And I'd love her to start using her powers more. Like she did during Revolutions. I'd love a cool codename.