Page 80 of 101 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1511

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Which is like I said their perogative.

Most loved the hardboiled Scott. The good, the bad and the ugly.
    So would you accept Wanda as being Magneto’s daughter if that’s how this ends or if it ends with her being a mutant? Not saying you don’t just wondering.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Astonishing Member

The reality is that fans love to equate changes in status quo to either a singluar character or franchise to bad writing because they're personally miffed and won't accept it.

If they don't want to accept it then that's their perogative, but not everybody is just gonna put their fingers in their ears and scream "lalala" because one of MANY writers writes something that they don't agree with.
    While this behaviour of fans does indeed exist, it doesn't change the fact that there have been enough storylines and characterizations which not only fans but also following writer and/or editors agreed on to have been of such a low quality (meaning BAD) or not matching up with how these characters were supposed to be written or understood that they were either ignored out of existence or explained away (meaning retconned).

Though of course there were also developments and characterizations which fans loved but someone in charge hated and retconned away. It goes all 3 ways.

But there clearly is a point at which something is so out of character or badly written that everyone fans and creators alike agreed that it shouldn't be considered canon for the characters anymore. That the meta factors for how they acted overruled in universe explanations.

The problem is also that this cycle of letting a writer take characters into the wrong direction or produce stories which are widely and on both sides eventualy agreed on to have been of bad quality and trying to fix it with retcons, is also certainly one reason these comics have such a bad time trying to get more buying readers these days, as it constantly invalidates stories and makes it difficult for casual readers to know what is still in character for certain heros and villains and what was agreed to have been a bad idea and removed again.

So meta is constantly a factor with characters in these comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    So would you accept Wanda as being Magneto’s daughter if that’s how this ends or if it ends with her being a mutant? Not saying you don’t just wondering.
    You're asking the wrong person.

I personally couldn't care less about where she ends up be it on the Avengers again, on Krakoa, Mars or in Limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    While this behaviour of fans does indeed exist, it doesn't change the fact that there have been enough storylines and characterizations which not only fans but also following writer and/or editors agreed on to have been of such a low quality (meaning BAD) or not matching up with how these characters were supposed to be written or understood that they were either ignored out of existence or explained away (meaning retconned).

Though of course there were also developments and characterizations which fans loved but someone in charge hated and retconned away. It goes all 3 ways.

But there clearly is a point at which something is so out of character or badly written that everyone fans and creators alike agreed that it shouldn't be considered canon for the characters anymore. That the meta factors for how they acted overruled in universe explanations.

The problem is also that this cycle of letting a writer take characters into the wrong direction or produce stories which are widely and on both sides eventualy agreed on to have been of bad quality and trying to fix it with retcons, is also certainly one reason these comics have such a bad time trying to get more buying readers these days, as it constantly invalidates stories and makes it difficult for casual readers to know what is still in character for certain heros and villains and what was agreed to have been a bad idea and removed again.

So meta is constantly a factor with characters in these comics.
    I don't have a problem with meta arguments, I have a problem with them repeatedly being used as a cop out when discussing characters.

It cheapens the entire discussion and is more often than not used disingenuosly.

"On what you're saying that my favorite character did this and that? Well that's just bad writing so let's ignore it, but let me tell you about what this other character did that I didn't like." ??
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 08-02-2021 at 03:50 PM.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member

I don't have a problem with meta arguments, I have a problem with them repeatedly being used as a cop out when discussing characters.

It cheapens the entire discussion and is more often than not used disingenuosly.

"On what you're saying that my favorite character did this and that? Well that's just bad writing so let's ignore it, but let me tell you about what this other character did that I didn't like." ??
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Fair enough.
    I know exactly what you're saying though. Chuck Austens run is an abomination, but somewhere out there in the world there's someone that likes run and neither you, me nor anyone else can tell them otherwise...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Do more edibles, those really will have you thinking you can fly, but don’t actually try though.
    Duuuude i was at this summer camp for differently abled kids for a friend's friends and accidentally ate 3 starcrunch edibles heavily altered. During the ceremony I got up and jumped in the lake fully clothed...and ended up hooking up with the only other brown dude there in my newlyweds bed...makes it worse the groom walks on his former bunk whikecw I was still Attached to his friend.... needless to say I love edibles lol
    Avengers are dealing with two members that have the Phoenix force and the Starbrand. I think they are trying to make sure the planet doesn’t get destroyed by accident.
    Yes i guess theyre cool with the PF as long as its not actually helping the world?
    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    And they at least thave the good grace to admit how hypocritical it is of then
    As evident where?
    One with the Starbrand is a 10 year old who was raised by Rocket in an AU. With his attitude in a very young mind I would make sure Brandi doesn’t lose control before letting her go fight and we all know how volatile hosts of the Phoenix Force can get so this isn’t something as pressing a button an everything is okay. Though we are getting off topic so I’ll leave it at that.
    Brand(i) ?!? With the provocation from the Avengers side ever cease??
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yeah I could see Exodus being quite upset about Wanda even stepping a toe on Krakoa ESPECIALLY as Magneto's guest.

I wanna see that interaction in ToM. They've come to blows before over less.
    Agreed he tried to kill Luna just for being human so Wanda must be an ever more hard case for him to accept and he looked too proud of himself on that preview from ToM so he´s looking very suspicious to me.

Also I know this is just a cover but it looks like all of Magneto´s family members are being targeted here.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-02-2021 at 05:38 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed he tried to kill Luna just for being human so Wanda must be an ever more hard case for him to accept and he looked too proud of himself on that preview from ToM so he´s looking very suspicious to me.

Also I know this is just a cover but it looks like all of Magneto´s family members are being targeted here.

Exodus is like the worst kind of fanatic...he'd sooner kill you than see you do something that doesn't agree with his diefied image of you in his head.

Pray for Lorna. I hope she comes out of this without much harm done. X-Men needs her.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member

Lorna’s not a flat scan, exodus might be cool with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post

Yes i guess theyre cool with the PF as long as its not actually helping the world?
    Nah, the Phoenix was literally forcing itself on them. Guess it was taking the break up with Jean real bad, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Lorna’s not a flat scan, exodus might be cool with her.

Nah, the Phoenix was literally forcing itself on them. Guess it was taking the break up with Jean real bad, lol.
    Errrr the Phoenix isn't some fading beauty middle class fiancé humping its way from host to host..at least not when the X-Office handled her
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Errrr the Phoenix isn't some fading beauty middle class fiancé humping its way from host to host..at least not when the X-Office handled her
    It was chasing red heads so…

Rick Remender’s retcons are coming down. She will be a mutant again and will be Magneto’s daughter. The Pretender mythology will be defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Rick Remender’s retcons are coming down. She will be a mutant again and will be Magneto’s daughter. The Pretender mythology will be defeated.
    That’s what I hope this is building up to. Never liked the retcon and hated. Though they left room for it to be undone since the HE has been known to lie even if the reason is unclear and there was nothing to gain from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    While Remender wrote them, they were not his. They were Marvel's. So if they come down, it'll also be Marvel's choice.

They could make her a mutant again. But Mags being her biological father might not happen. Since the reason given for also not making their father was because they wanted to keep the twins young, and keep Mags rooted in WWII.

Now, we have no idea either way. This could all be a ruse. Wanda's body could not be her's. Or they could make people think this undoes the retcon and it does none of that.

This event itself goes to December. And probably will have some spin off stories after. We have a while to wait.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Inside the Trial of Magneto and the suspicious murder of Scarlet Witch
    https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/trial-...scarlet-witch/

The article makes it sound as if the Axis retcon is falling.