Page 63 of 101 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    If the murder is that easy to solve then why the hell do we need a series!?

Also, artists prerogative, doe’s she have the same marks on her neck in the autopsy trailer? I think we shall have to wait for the story to start picking up clues.
    He was in the room. The Scarlet Witch, the most powerful Avenger to ever live RAN instead of defending herself. That means she knew the killer and was afraid to hurt him. It points to an inebriated Nightcrawler. Look, Mystique would want Nightcrawler off the board and in the pit. With Storm on Arrako and Jean in NY, the Spring seats on the council would be empty. The professor and Magneto would have only Kitty Pryde.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    He was in the room. The Scarlet Witch, the most powerful Avenger to ever live RAN instead of defending herself. That means she knew the killer and was afraid to hurt him. It points to an inebriated Nightcrawler. Look, Mystique would want Nightcrawler off the board and in the pit. With Storm on Arrako and Jean in NY, the Spring seats on the council would be empty. The professor and Magneto would have only Kitty Pryde.
    With a boozed up Kurt and Onslaught spooking about, anything is possible.

I agree this is all possible, but narratively it would still be one hell of a suspension of disbelief that Nightcrawler would just straight up murder anyone with no provocation. No I don’t think drunkenness is a good enough reason. He’s been plastered plenty of times before and is not the least bit murderous and Kurt has no motive whatsoever to want to do it. He’s actually spoken on her behalf a number of times when she isn’t around to defend herself.

Even if it was a frame job by Mystique or he was influenced by Onslaught I would seriously question the councils sanity if they just believed he did it and not ask any questions. Unless of course, the writers are planning to ‘Wally West’ him.

All this debate is making me think that a lot of the investigators of this murder are going to have to take stupid pills to not know who did it immediately. This is a high profile case so surely you’d want the most powerful mutants with expert skills on this. The killer would have to be a genius to know how to hide everything from all these super powered beings. Either that or all the best mutants for the job have to wash their hair that day, darn!
    Last edited by Proxy; 07-19-2021 at 03:21 PM.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I agree this is all possible, but narratively it would still be one hell of a suspension of disbelief that Nightcrawler would just straight up murder anyone with no provocation. No I don’t think drunkenness is a good enough reason. He’s been plastered plenty of times before and is not the least bit murderous and Kurt has no motive whatsoever to want to do it. He’s actually spoken on her behalf a number of times when she isn’t around to defend herself.

Even if it was a frame job by Mystique or he was influenced by Onslaught I would seriously question the councils sanity if they just believed he did it and not ask any questions. Unless of course, the writers are planning to ‘Wally West’ him.

All this debate is making me think that a lot of the investigators of this murder are going to have to take stupid pills to not know who did it immediately. This is a high profile case so surely you’d want the most powerful mutants with expert skills on this. The killer would have to be a genius to know how to hide everything from all these super powered beings. Either that or all the best mutants for the job have to wash their hair that day, darn!
    He broke his own brother’s neck. It is a bit of a pattern with him.

I thought that Storm was still on the Quiet Council, she just has the added title of representing Arakko.
    Storm is only a Gateway away.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Is it fucked up a part of me thinks Tommy did it? Like it would be so perfect who would suspect him!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    With a boozed up Kurt and Onslaught spooking about, anything is possible.
    Very true, maybe Onslaught took control of Kurt and he strangled Wanda, this would really mess Kurt up due to his religious beliefs but my question is why would Onslaught cover things like this up ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.

He broke his own brother’s neck. It is a bit of a pattern with him.
    Once is not a pattern.

Context (motive) is also important, in this case trying to not get murdered himself. And depending on what origin you read, he did it by accident with his tail or Stephen snapped his own neck with Kurt’s tail (I can’t remember if their was a origin story that said Kurt did it on purpose).
    So if they do go down this route in Trial of Magneto, I would be very interested in motive.

But we can’t really pick up any clues proper until the books actually out.
    Last edited by Proxy; 07-19-2021 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Is it fucked up a part of me thinks Tommy did it? Like it would be so perfect who would suspect him!?!
    I'm starting to feel that about Pietro... His absence from any (main) covers or the trailer or solicitations is making me suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm starting to feel that about Pietro... His absence from any (main) covers or the trailer or solicitations is making me suspicious.
    Bad writing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't think it would be farfetched to think Magneto might have invited Pietro to the Gala as well. Maybe he showed up late?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'm here for the drama of this.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes I could see Magneto giving Pietro an invitation as well but I think it´s most probably he just ignored the invitation so I guess he expected Wanda to reject the invitation as well and she almost did because she went to the party late when almost everybody was gone. I think Pietro may play a part in the trial and that´s why we have not seen him in the teaser, neither Tommy or Billy are there and Tommy at the very least should be there because he found her.

I am hoping Marauders from this week gives us more clues about how the X-men are overseeing this case.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-19-2021 at 04:51 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes I could see Magneto giving Pietro an invitation as well but I think it´s most probably he just ignored the invitation so I guess he expected Wanda to reject the invitation as well and she almost did because she went to the party late when almost everybody was gone. I think Pietro may play a part in the trial and that´s why we have not seen him in the teaser, neither Tommy or Billy are there and Tommy at the very least should be there because he found her.

I am hoping Marauders from this week gives us more clues about how the X-men are overseeing this case.
    I hope we get something as August 18 (Trial of Magneto #1) is a long time to wait.
    Looks like the Avengers only sent in a small crew (those closest to Wanda minus Wonder Man/Quick Silver) so probably not to further escalate tensions, unless they were only allowed to send four Avengers to Krakoa.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

There´s no way they can keep this from Pietro or Wonder Man but they probably want to keep a "second HoM" from happening so my guess is that they are thinking how to tell Pietro or whoever killed Wanda also killed him, after all there´s that cover of someone targeting them along with Lorna, Billy and Tommy.

Also I like they keep the Avengers closest to Wanda in the story, it´s a way of included her found family in the story. I believe there´s only Carol missing and it´s rare because she gets along with the Avengers and the X-men and it´s a close friend of Wanda.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022