Page 73 of 101 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1511

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It wouldn't break the gift Chthon gave her. Previously that could interrupt her mutant powers but that is no longer canon.
    She has always had the bond with Chiton.
    And I have seen her lose her powers by multiple means, and that is canon, necklaces, characters cancel powers in many ways and they are not theories, they are facts embodied in the comics.

There are also many characters with whom her powers do not work well or do not work at all.

On an island full of hundreds of mutants, I don't think there aren't several with which Wanda's powers won't work.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    On an island full of hundreds of mutants, I don't think there aren't several with which Wanda's powers won't work.
    Back when they were probability-altering 'hex bolts,' I would have pictured someone like Domino or Longshot being immune.

As more 'reality manipulation,' someone like Mercator, Jim Jaspers or Proteus might reflexively be immune (refusing to allow their own personal reality to be altered by another, countering it with their own power instinctively).

Chaos magic? Who knows. Perhaps there's an Arakki mutant who is just flat-out immune to or disruptive of magic, and was a secret weapon against the Summoners (since they could dismiss their summons by blocking out / disrupting their magic).

But yeah, there's hundreds of Krakoan of mutants we've never met, and millions of Arakki mutants, so who knows what's out there!

Anything is possible, including a mutant with the power to be immune whatever Wanda dishes out, or even a mutant who is 'immune to reboots' and remembers all of Moira's past lives and is a bit annoyed at all the constant reboots, because she had a really *great* life in Moira's sixth life with a family and stuff, and she's never been able to recreate that (as her dream life got rebooted and the dude she had kids with ended up marrying someone else or dying in the Gulf war or getting hit by a car in all the latest reboots)...

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Back when they were probability-altering 'hex bolts,' I would have pictured someone like Domino or Longshot being immune.

As more 'reality manipulation,' someone like Mercator, Jim Jaspers or Proteus might reflexively be immune (refusing to allow their own personal reality to be altered by another, countering it with their own power instinctively).

Chaos magic? Who knows. Perhaps there's an Arakki mutant who is just flat-out immune to or disruptive of magic, and was a secret weapon against the Summoners (since they could dismiss their summons by blocking out / disrupting their magic).
    Layla Miller?

She has always had the bond with Chiton.
    And I have seen her lose her powers by multiple means, and that is canon, necklaces, characters cancel powers in many ways and they are not theories, they are facts embodied in the comics.

There are also many characters with whom her powers do not work well or do not work at all.

She hasn't always had her bond with Chthon. That started in 75. She lost her powers before that. Which was a whole story where that was all a ruse to get her to read from the Darkhold so that Chthon could possess her.

She didn't lose her powers after M-day. She still had them, which was what she showed in Children's Crusade.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

She hasn't always had her bond with Chthon. That started in 75. She lost her powers before that. Which was a whole story where that was all a ruse to get her to read from the Darkhold so that Chthon could possess her.

She didn't lose her powers after M-day. She still had them, which was what she showed in Children's Crusade.
    IN axis a necklace nullifies powers made her unable to access her powers.

The goat nullifies powers that she worked with red skull nullified her powers.

And NYx was also doing well by nullifying Wanda's powers.

All this after M-day, and all this when she already had her bond with chitón, so this is canon, so what if they can nullify Wanda's powers, technology and characters nullify powers.

But yeah, there's hundreds of Krakoan of mutants we've never met, and millions of Arakki mutants, so who knows what's out there!

Anything is possible, including a mutant with the power to be immune whatever Wanda dishes out, or even a mutant who is 'immune to reboots' and remembers all of Moira's past lives and is a bit annoyed at all the constant reboots, because she had a really *great* life in Moira's sixth life with a family and stuff, and she's never been able to recreate that (as her dream life got rebooted and the dude she had kids with ended up marrying someone else or dying in the Gulf war or getting hit by a car in all the latest reboots)...
    Jjasper could be, but PROTEUS I don't think he could be immune to. PROTEUS is the weakest reality alter ever.

Domino and LS the same I see them with a very low power how to have immunity to Wanda's powers.

But jjasper franklin richards and maybe jamie bradoock might have immunity.

But if there are several characters who have shown immunity to Wanda's chaos powers, some of them have shown them in recent Years ( GRAVITON, JUGGY, ROGUE AND LAYLA MILLER).

IN axis a necklace nullifies powers made her unable to access her powers.

The goat nullifies powers that she worked with red skull nullified her powers.

And NYx was also doing well by nullifying Wanda's powers.

All this after M-day, and all this when she already had her bond with chitón, so this is canon, so what if they can nullify Wanda's powers, technology and characters nullify powers.
    I did forget about those. Mostly because I tend to forget a lot about AXIS and UA first volume. But those still make no sense. Because if that's possible then they would not need to keep Chthon imprisoned. Just put a collar on him.

I did forget about those. Mostly because I tend to forget a lot about AXIS and UA first volume. But those still make no sense. Because if that's possible then they would not need to keep Chthon imprisoned. Just put a collar on him.

It's weird but we're talking about comics, the point is if there are a few characters that have shown resistance or immunity to her magic, and there are some methods to temporarily render her depowered.

So that panel of her running may be due to one of those two scenarios, or with something that left Wanda temporarily depowered, or was confronted by some character who is Immune or resistant to her powers.
    Maybe there is little left to find out.

I just want to bring her back soon

Extraordinary Member

It doesn't really matter.
    The plot brings her there to be the lamb for sacrifice so she did. I just hope she can immediately leave and hoepfully not remain in her naive little girl mode after the whole thing is over.
    I hope krakoa pays well for a professional actress, even if the role is a corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It doesn't really matter.
    The plot brings her there to be the lamb for sacrifice so she did. I just hope she can immediately leave and hoepfully not remain in her naive little girl mode after the whole thing is over.
    I hope krakoa pays well for a professional actress, even if the role is a corpse.
    She plays a great corpse. I've never seen something more ded in my life.

I'm sure she'll be compensated with a healthy sum of Magneto Bucks.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

It's weird but we're talking about comics, the point is if there are a few characters that have shown resistance or immunity to her magic, and there are some methods to temporarily render her depowered.

So that panel of her running may be due to one of those two scenarios, or with something that left Wanda temporarily depowered, or was confronted by some character who is Immune or resistant to her powers.
    Maybe there is little left to find out.

I just want to bring her back soon
    Same. Hopefully she's back before Christmas.

Incredible Member

Beautiful!!

Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

Jjasper could be, but PROTEUS I don't think he could be immune to. PROTEUS is the weakest reality alter ever.

Domino and LS the same I see them with a very low power how to have immunity to Wanda's powers.

But jjasper franklin richards and maybe jamie bradoock might have immunity.

But if there are several characters who have shown immunity to Wanda's chaos powers, some of them have shown them in recent Years ( GRAVITON, JUGGY, ROGUE AND LAYLA MILLER).
    Wouldn't her daughter Nocturne In theory be immune to her hex bolts, since mutants with similar powers who have a familial connection are usually immune to each others powers like the summers brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantTheorist View Post
    Wouldn't her daughter Nocturne In theory be immune to her hex bolts, since mutants with similar powers who have a familial connection are usually immune to each others powers like the summers brothers.
    She's not her daughter in this universe, so probably not.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Layla Miller?
    Ooh, that's a good choice for someone who would be immune to Moira's reboots (since that was her original raison d'etre), and has also conveniently been kept more or less off-panel throughout this Krakoan age, despite her husband Madrox showing up at various times. A writer who is on the ball, when they finally start wrapping this up (in Inferno?) might want to bring Layla in as part of the big finale.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Beautiful!!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantTheorist View Post
    Makes sense, actually, with Scott and Alex's weird immunity to each other's powers as precedent.