Page 21 of 101 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    And it did that all in ten issues?

You all said yourself earlier that the series was plotted up to thirty issues, obviously that information was meant to be revealed gradually while also delivering engaging stories and character development for the main cast. I don't know about y'all, but I prefer my comics to be more than mass data delivery that can only be about one core concept.
    There are 10 Articles with multiple subsections under each one. We should have had at least one reveal since that first issue by now

TBF, X-Factor has also been hit with more skip months than any other book in the line, so that's part of the reason it feels like it dragged. #4 and #5 definitely were resurrection-revealers too, but they revealed stuff about Otherworld resurrections, which was not part of the initial protocols at the end of issue 1.

And the Siryn arc is clearly building towards 2 separate reveals, one about Prodigy's situation and one about Siryn's.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    "The current team of mutant investigators from Leah Williams’ acclaimed run on X-FACTOR will play a vital role in solving this complex mystery, and fans should pick up X-FACTOR #10, a Hellfire Gala tie-in and the final issue of the series, on June 30 to discover whose tragic fall leads into this new X-Men epic."

They will, it is clearly stated in the Marvel article. Even though X-Factor is cancelled, they are till doing the investigation in The Trial mini. Just because the series is ending the Krakoa's investigation team will still exist and will continue in other ways probably.
    I would suspect the trial of Magneto would be what would have been X-Factor 11-15. Since the team is investigating and the writer is still there.

With a new X-Factor starting later on.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I would suspect the trial of Magneto would be what would have been X-Factor 11-15. Since the team is investigating and the writer is still there.

With a new X-Factor starting later on.
    Makes no sense, thy already announced that #10 is the last issue
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-10-2021 at 04:52 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Dang, I didn't see X-Factor being cancelled.

For me I enjoyed the writing and the spookiness, but what lacked was the art.

It didn't match the tone of the story, I wish we had Francavilla on the art duty to give it a more atmosphere. Baldeon was a bit too cartoony for my taste, nevertheless, I hope Williams can wrap up her story.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Wait a sec...!
    If Lucas Werneck is on art duties for this mini, does that mean we get to keep Valerio Schiti on SWORD?
    *clasps hands in prayer*
    My Goddess, my God...so mote it be.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-10-2021 at 04:47 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Williams offered up her book’s best character on a silver platter and then her book gets cancelled. Damn sis.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Wait a sec...!
    If Lucas Werneck is on art duties for this mini, does that mean we get to keep Valerio Schiti on SWORD?
    https://twitter.com/ValerioSchiti/st...93224054870021

I am not sure he is on SWORD, they are probably putting him on something with Hickman, or maybe a fall title?

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    https://twitter.com/ValerioSchiti/st...93224054870021

I am not sure he is on SWORD, they are probably putting him on something with Hickman, or maybe a fall title?
    Bishop66 said that Schiti got a biiger book or will rotate with Larraz on x-men

Hmmm...Schiti on HiX-Man's book in September?

I might be able to work with that. Still...He is PERFECT! for SWORD.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Hmmm...Schiti on HiX-Man's book in September?

I might be able to work with that. Still...He is PERFECT! for SWORD.
    Pure facts. I’m sure the book will be quality regardless, but why break up such a dynamic duo?!?

Oh, good - original stories....

Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    As for Lorna, it would have been interesting seeing how she would have handled investigating her father. Williams has already out right said that the bulk of her reaction to the vote on twitter was staged to get more attention to the election, and probably to entertain. The only reason she started trash talking the Gifted stans was because there was a Gifted troll harassing her under multiple accounts.
    I've noted to a few people that a lot of her behavior was likely due to the person/people who were harassing her while claiming to be Lorna fans. I know sometimes people say things they don't really mean or wouldn't normally say when they're being harassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Also I hope y’all know that wishing ill on someone’s professional career is extremely childish and mean-spirited. If you don’t like someone’s work don’t buy it, cause there’s no need to spend hard earned money on what you don’t like just to complain about it.
    I generally agree with this. There's a fine line between being critical of work - calling out bad intent when necessary and insisting on better - and trying to completely ruin someone's life. The merits of a complaint should play themselves out, leading to either correction or an end to the work if it's serious enough. Preferably the creator chooses to improve. That's the best option for all parties. Note I'm speaking very, very broadly here. I am not speaking about this specific book.

I've seen various cases where problems with a creator's plans end up being their own creative undoing because they kept plugging away at their own whims instead of fixing mistakes and listening to criticism. 3rd Birthday and Soul Calibur V are two examples that come to mind.

That said, there are of course extreme exceptions where wanting someone's professional career to end is valid. Like if the person is a full-blown Nazi peddling racism in their works.

When I have a major problem with a work, I don't buy it. I encourage others not to buy it too. If they've had serious enough problems, I stop buying other things made by the company. It's much easier to do than people think. The latest "must see/must read/must play" thing is a fad that goes away relatively fast, and there's plenty of other works out there you can enjoy by other creators and companies.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Pure facts. I’m sure the book will be quality regardless, but why break up such a dynamic duo?!?
    I know right!? They really did us dirty.

I hope X-Factor gets revamped after the trial but with a completely different creative team. They had their chance and I think they punted big time. It's such a great concept and a necessary book delving into the inner workings of Krakoa, but Williams' writing was the biggest issue.

Aurora's mystery was left completely unaddressed, they wasted time on a jaunt to Mojoworld... the opposite of essential storytelling, and turned Daken into a one-dimensional romance novel "badboy". X-Factor never got to the point of it's purpose and has been DOA for its entire run. And I haven't even gotten around to the ill-fitting art....