Page 23 of 101 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Well we know two of the things listed on that redaction: one is the no duplicates, the other is the precog ban.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    X-Factor was supposed to have the answers to a lot of the questions we had early on. It didn’t survive long enough to tell us anything. Very sad....
    I honestly feel like barely anything other than Krakoa stuff was answered.

This reminds me of LOST but not in a good way

Extraordinary Member

Honestly X-factor was bad imo.It didn't stick to its premise and I won't miss the art.But excalibur is way worse and should have been first.
    I feel this announcement has little weight because we don't know so much about Krakoa and protocols.Hopefully questions will be answered

Two interesting candidates would be either Shogo or Kyle. Magneto doesn't need to kill them intentionally something just happens and they end up as collateral damage of him doing something.

Wanda doesn't seem like she'd be an interesting pick just because they've set her up as a boogeyman on the island so I dont think enough people on the council would be fussed enough to prosecute him over it. Gyrich would have been a likely candidate from us learning about him being an inside informant for Orchis. But I think Orchis is considered an exemption to the 'no kill' rule as they were openly at war with Krakoa since this started.

So having the death be one of the few wholly human (and not de-powered) citizens of Krakoa would stir up quite a controversy.

Also just a minor gripe but I realized that we did X of Swords, then have been ramping right into the Hellfire Gala then it seems this Trial is shortly on it's tail. The problem here seems to be pre-XoS we barely got much into the inner workings of what this new status quo even is. It was more each book setting up villains that reacted negatively to Krakoa then X of Swords. After X of Swords there's a huge status quo shift in that they have a whole other half of an island full of super mutants....and really only SWORD has even mentioned that and that's via one character being on the roster. We have no idea what what the Arakoans have been up too, what the people on Krakoa think about it or even what the world in general has thought about it. Instead it's just been right in to the Gala and then whatever status quo shake-up from that is going to be upended for this Magneto stuff.

I'm not sure if this is an editorial thing or writer thing but they need to slow down and let some of this stuff breathe. If they were wholly intent on doing 3 big Events this year they should have let the people involved in the events not be the characters involved in the individual series. That way the series aren't being forced to interact in crossovers with the Events so they can finish their narratives.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I donīt think this will get in the way of other storylines I think this was the next arc of X-factor but given itīs going to end they are doing this series to explain the secrets behind the resurrection protocols. Leah already teased Magneto is going to discover a secret that convinces him Krakoa that even he doesnīt know and probably affects the whole country and that sets him off so I donīt think it will be a human, it must be someone who knows, uses and hides Krakoaīs secrets this in the case he was not framed by Mystique.

All this talk about Wanda doesnīt make any sense to me, she would not even be on the Gala and Magneto has been trying to keep off the attacks towards her since CC so no, I donīt think Wanda has to do with this.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-10-2021 at 09:56 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    All this talk about Wanda doesnīt make any sense to me, she would not even be on the Gala and Magneto has been trying to keep off the attacks towards her since CC so no, I donīt think Wanda has to do with this.
    I find strange all this talk about Wanda while, in the same time, insisting that she has nothing to do with the mutants anymore.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

The Wanda talks come mostly from the fans who believed the trial was going to be about her or had the theory she was going to die hence her mention but so far neither Leah or JDW have teased her presence in the story but given the talk about the mutant status of Billy and Tommy my guess is that by the end of this year or the next we will see a story dealing with their mutant status and probably Wanda and Pietro too. So far Billy and Teddy will be in a crossover with SWORD in which Wanda has been talked about and Magneto is part of the main team so I guess the case of their mutancy will be disccussed there.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Guys here me out.Maybe Mystique frames magneto for this.It is said to divide Krakoa.It would be a great first stepof Mystiques plan to burn Krakoa down.
    This is classic Mystique theory considering how she was against Xavier and Mags more recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    This is classic Mystique theory considering how she was against Xavier and Mags more recently.
    Another interesting theory that Mystique sets Magneto up to cause trouble within the Quiet Council and general friction on Krakoa.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Another interesting theory that Mystique sets Magneto up to cause trouble within the Quiet Council and general friction on Krakoa.
    I have the same idea.Mystique is the one who wants to burn this place down.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I have the same idea.Mystique is the one who wants to burn this place down.
    I am sure with Cortez's recent treatment that he is right there with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I find strange all this talk about Wanda while, in the same time, insisting that she has nothing to do with the mutants anymore.
    X-men fans are like this hahahahah But seriously I really don't understand for people who don't like her how much she is talked here

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Yeah I'm with you. I get that what happened was real sh$tty around House of M/Decimation. I get that mutants never got full closure as Wanda was absolved of her actions by making them Doom's. And yes she caused the recent zombie outbreak in Genosha to try and atone. But like, let it go at this point. She isn't involved with the X-Men or mutants at this point and using her as a boogeyman breeds xenophobia and fear on a population that has bigger threats to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    X-men fans are like this hahahahah But seriously I really don't understand for people who don't like her how much she is talked here
    It's almost like some X-fans want her to be at the center of this solely to say "I was right" vs have a decent story. She's not involved so let her be and do her witchy things elsewhere. There are more important things happening on Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

Even if Magneto kills someone with Krakoa being a world power wouldn't he be untouchable like the Saudi crown prince who while the world knows is guilty can't do much of anything about it? If Magneto was running off on his own is one thing but he is a foundational part of a global super power, those people NEVER go on trial or at least are NEVER convicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Yeah I'm with you. I get that what happened was real sh$tty around House of M/Decimation. I get that mutants never got full closure as Wanda was absolved of her actions by making them Doom's. And yes she caused the recent zombie outbreak in Genosha to try and atone. But like, let it go at this point. She isn't involved with the X-Men or mutants at this point and using her as a boogeyman breeds xenophobia and fear on a population that has bigger threats to worry about.

It's almost like some X-fans want her to be at the center of this solely to say "I was right" vs have a decent story. She's not involved so let her be and do her witchy things elsewhere. There are more important things happening on Krakoa.
    For me it's the opposite. I'm a fan of the X-Books and of Wanda, and I think that featuring her in a real way could actually allow the mutants to absolve her (and maybe erase the stupid Axis retcon). I feel like a writer like Williams could use that as some real character rehab for Wanda.