Page 24 of 101 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Someone informed me that X-Factor is following a similar path to Jane Foster: Valkyrie. That book was also cancelled after 10 issues, then immediately followed by a miniseries which set up it's relaunch as Mighty Valkyries, all written by Jason Aaron. So there's a good chance this is the same tactic being employed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Someone informed me that X-Factor is following a similar path to Jane Foster: Valkyrie. That book was also cancelled after 10 issues, then immediately followed by a miniseries which set up it's relaunch as Mighty Valkyries, all written by Jason Aaron. So there's a good chance this is the same tactic being employed.
    It's Jason Aaron somehow continuing his run on Asgard, it is not the same as X-factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    For me it's the opposite. I'm a fan of the X-Books and of Wanda, and I think that featuring her in a real way could actually allow the mutants to absolve her (and maybe erase the stupid Axis retcon). I feel like a writer like Williams could use that as some real character rehab for Wanda.
    Character work from williams? as if she needed to be badly written, bing back Robinson or Zub to write her.

I really don't see the need to absolve her, she alredy did everything she could. Let her be free, x-men boks recuse to do it
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-11-2021 at 10:43 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It's Jason Aaron somehow continuing his run on Asgard, it is not the same as X-factor.
    It's all speculative at this point, but it does seem like that. Jordan confirmed that things were happening with X-Factor but not as guessed to touted on the web (aka cancellation). With the team being foremost and prominent in the ToM, and potential shake-ups coming out of this Trial, X-Factor could be rebooted under a new title with a similar cast. So it in fact could be the same. No one knows yet. People might not like it, but it does feel like a way of Leah getting to the stories she was trying to tell but got swept up in delays and events.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    It's all speculative at this point, but it does seem like that. Jordan confirmed that things were happening with X-Factor but not as guessed to touted on the web (aka cancellation). With the team being foremost and prominent in the ToM, and potential shake-ups coming out of this Trial, X-Factor could be rebooted under a new title with a similar cast. So it in fact could be the same. No one knows yet. People might not like it, but it does feel like a way of Leah getting to the stories she was trying to tell but got swept up in delays and events.
    I was feeling that x-factor would continue on the new book of Leah Willaims that they announced. Now we know it is true but the book is a mini.
    Let's see if the min attracts atention, but relaunch a book with same cast nd creative team that drove it to be cancelled is not a thing that can have many chances of happening

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    For me it's the opposite. I'm a fan of the X-Books and of Wanda, and I think that featuring her in a real way could actually allow the mutants to absolve her (and maybe erase the stupid Axis retcon). I feel like a writer like Williams could use that as some real character rehab for Wanda.
    She's fine without the retcon being retconned, it really doesn't impact her much. Any story involving her and this subject has not worked out for her, so I doubt it will happen. I also doubt they'll have her in anything in any real capacity. They seem happy with guest appearances in everything or minis.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Is it from a reliable source we can trust, or is it just speculations from fans? I saw many people thinking the book will be relaunched because there still wasn't much revealed about the resurrections and I think it's possible, but I'd like to know if there is a plan for this or it's all just wishful thinking of the fans. What JDW said was promising though

This is why I think there's a chance the book could be rebooted in some way after ToM, but even if it happens I think it's not with Leah because she just said that she won't be able to write the plots she planned for X-Factor
    Be kind, it's FREE

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post

This is why I think there's a chance the book could be rebooted in some way after ToM, but even if it happens I think it's not with Leah because she just said that she won't be able to write the plots she planned for X-Factor
    Maybe this story will involve, or coincide with, the end of the resurrection process. The title could have a different focus in what would be a world with some new challenges. If so, last call for Crucible.

Ultimate Member

Yes there are times a book is derailed by events and the writer does not get to do what they wanted at first.

So yes a restart with the same creative team can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Maybe this story will involve, or coincide with, the end of the resurrection process. The title could have a different focus in what would be a world with some new challenges. If so, last call for Crucible.
    I don't think it will end right now as they still didn't cleared the ressurrection protocols, unless they will clear it on datapages

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I don't think it will end right now as they still didn't cleared the ressurrection protocols, unless they will clear it on datapages
    Why do they need to clear any of that? A lot of that stuff is just done to give the impression of a fleshed out world, to steer the reader in a direction that is needed at the time and also to keep the reader busy for as long as needed. This era is very fluid and it if the timing is now for things to move forward they are not going to put plans on hold because of that.

I think it might be Prodigy who dies since in his early appearances during a dream sequence created by Dani where Prodigy took over the world because he was so smart and basically predicted what all his enemies would do.

There is a belief that there is a evil Prodigy out there right now and if left unchecked he could be a problem for Krakoa. That might lead to Magneto killing both Prodigys and then preventing him from being resurrected because even though he isn't a pre cog with all that knowledge retained he would be really close to one.

Or if the evil Prodigy isn't evil but is still loyal to Krakoa Magneto might instantly kill the newer Prodigy that might cause some bad blood among the mutants.

Mighty Member

Knowing Marvel, they'll soon announce the return of XFactor with a new number one. That series will then be cancelled after one issue. A month later, the return of XFactor is announced, with you guessed it, a new number #1!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Knowing Marvel, they'll soon announce the return of XFactor with a new number one. That series will then be cancelled after one issue. A month later, the return of XFactor is announced, with you guessed it, a new number #1!
    I hate how accurate this is.We have way to many x-books as it is.And this one couldn't stick to its premise even when it had one of the best ones.If it does come back I hope it has another artist and writer.Specially someone who can focus on the Ressurection investigation stuff.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Magneto looks sad on the cover so it´s someone he knows and the solicit says it has to be about someone lying on Krakoa who asked for his loyalty and Magneto seeking justice for some secret discovered so my guess is that it´s someone from the Quiet Council.
    I remember during the HFC days when Emma was still a member Shaw wanted Magneto to bow down to him. And I also remember Magneto wronged them somehow. I forget what it was... So... Emma may have a hand in this too. They seem to still play with the idea of her becoming a villain again sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    X-Factor was an very ordinary title and its demise is no surprise to me, New Mutants and Excalibur aren't far behind.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)