Page 15 of 101 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Considering how begrudging Marvel is to even publish Darkhold, giving Wanda page time seems unlikely

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    ^ Except Sabretooth wasn't sent there over that. That was just an excuse. The real reason was that the council is biased. That's like saying the CEO of a company would get fired over the same reasons a janitor is fired.
    Yeah, not only is life unfair, but despite so much panel time and data pages detailing so much of the background and the society, these 'rules' are just fluff and not meant to be restrictive in storytelling. So if Magneto pops off on some flatscan and breaks the poor, fragile thing, don't anyone hold their breath that Mags is going to be sent to exile, and certainly don't start asking for justice for Creed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I really just don't see Mags killing anyone I actually give AF about enough to warrant a whole trial, like I doubt Wanda will show up to the gala & if she does it'll just be to Vogue, Look pretty & bounce, I mean maybe Pietro shows up talking **** & gets murked why is no one considering Pietro Mags has already killed his ass before he could do it again!
    Because killing Pietro has a 50/50 chance of Wanda demonstrating that she’s got enough power left to **** **** up, and that would give her too much agency considering marvel’s track record

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

You know I donīt really want to consider it but the only thing that I could see warranting a trial and not exile would be if Magneto hurt a mutant instead of a human during the Gala or got into a fight with Dr Doom because he seems to be the "old friend" Doom is going to talk to on SWORD but who knows maybe the solicit will leave some more clues.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Because heīs human, a guest I guess? I would not put it past them fighting and "making waves" as a result but yes, itīs not enough to get to a trial so probably itīs something else.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Beating up a political representative at their big "making nice with the humans" event may not go down well even if it's not actually illegal

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    This was an interesting catch I saw posted on Reddit

I find it too coincidental this may be the answer

I wonder if Magneto comes to the defense of Wanda and sours on Krakoa and the Quiet Council.
    honestly it probably is this. the issue focused almost entirely on magneto, meaning hickman was probably setting up this story then. way of x is following up the crucible issue and that took about a year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Beating up a political representative at their big "making nice with the humans" event may not go down well even if it's not actually illegal
    That is the oppositte of making amends to be united with humanity

I know that mutants now on Krakoa want to have their cake and eat it, like the genocide on Terra Verde. Almost kidnapped a kid of people who were always on their side. So who knows what they are thinking,

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Agreed I could see Doom proposing a trial or some kind of reparation because of this reason.

They have some issues not addressed and most of them are about Wanda.

Dr Doom controlled her actions during HoM acording to Victor, he almost married her during Childrenīs Crusade, he and Wanda did together the magic that inverted all the heros during Axis and he was also present when inverted Wanda attacked Magneto and Pietro with her Chaos magic and announced Magneto wasnīt her Dad and now lest add Krakoaīs possition with Wanda as the "pretender" for her actions in decimation.

So I could see Victor making some kind of comment about any of this issues that could make Magneto angry at him.

Amazing Member

I know X-Men and many other comic books have a tendency to repeat themselves, but Magneto already had a trial in the 1980s in Uncanny X-Men 200. I hope this story at least references that one.

Mighty Member

Has anyone thought it might be Orchis related? With Nimrod returning, maybe Magneto tries to stop him by destroying Orchis?

Oh, if X-Factor is going to investigate, it makes sense that Leah Williams is writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Oh, if X-Factor is going to investigate, it makes sense that Leah Williams is writing.
    Not really as x-factor is cancelled

It's a mini

X-MEN: THE TRIAL OF MAGNETO #1 (OF 5)
    Written by LEAH WILLIAMS
    Art by LUCAS WERNECK
    Cover by VALERIO SCHITI
    On Sale 8/18!
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-10-2021 at 10:48 AM.

Jean Grey had been judged by the Shi’ars… Why supposing that Magneto will be judged by the authorities of Krakoa?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

so which avenger is magneto killing? they aren't allowed to kill man so it must be a human, even if it's not an avenger.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!