Page 64 of 101 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    There´s no way they can keep this from Pietro or Wonder Man but they probably want to keep a "second HoM" from happening so my guess is that they are thinking how to tell Pietro or whoever killed Wanda also killed him, after all there´s that cover of someone targeting them along with Lorna, Billy and Tommy.

Also I like they keep the Avengers closest to Wanda in the story, it´s a way of included her found family in the story. I believe there´s only Carol missing and it´s rare because she gets along with the Avengers and the X-men and it´s a close friend of Wanda.
    Yeah that's great for those who care about Wanda's found family but I'd be flat out lying if I said I'm more invested in seeing them play a role then Pietro, Lorna, Billy & Tommy like those are who I want to see! And I find it so suspicious that seemingly days after the Gala Billy only has a feeling something happened not confirmation, & if they really finna bury Wanda in issue 2 or have a memorial or whatever I want him & Tommy mourning together, aswell as Pietro raging like a mad man all over Krakoa that's the juicy drama we here for.
    Last edited by Journey; 07-19-2021 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm here for the drama of this.
    Of course if Tommy did it & was still able to pull out them tears to clear his name I'd have no choice but to Stan his acting skills are A1!!

I'm also curious to see how Exodus behaves in all this. And if the "pretender" thing is finished at the end, will he teach the kids nursery rhymes? What or who is his next target?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yeah that's great for those who care about Wanda's found family but I'd be flat out lying if I said I'm more invested in seeing them play a role then Pietro, Lorna, Billy & Tommy like those are who I want to see! And I find it so suspicious that seemingly days after the Gala Billy only has a f Ealing something happened not confirmation, & if they really finna bury Wanda in issue 2 or have a memorial or whatever I want him & Tommy mourning together, aswell as Pietro raging like a mad man all over Krakoa that's the juicy drama we here for.
    Totally, I want to see Pietro losing it and unleashing on whoever is closest to him.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

I'm also curious to see how Exodus behaves in all this. And if the "pretender" thing is finished at the end, will he teach the kids nursery rhymes? What or who is his next target?
    Either Cassie Nova, or Pietro would be his next target I imagine or Franklin he's a literal pretender! Or since he's a literal ******* he might just keep talking **** about Wanda in death though I'd hope he'd have a tad bit more class then that.
    Last edited by Journey; 07-19-2021 at 08:09 PM.

He's gonna be mad he didn't get to do her like he did Cortez.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Why would the pretender thing stop just because she is dead? She still committed genocide to the mutants and it is a very big part of their history? Her death doesn't rewrite what she did.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    He was in the room. The Scarlet Witch, the most powerful Avenger to ever live RAN instead of defending herself. That means she knew the killer and was afraid to hurt him. It points to an inebriated Nightcrawler. Look, Mystique would want Nightcrawler off the board and in the pit. With Storm on Arrako and Jean in NY, the Spring seats on the council would be empty. The professor and Magneto would have only Kitty Pryde.
    Given Mystique’s strange headspace when in comes to her son, I can see in her warped logic; framing him and having him thrown in the pit for his own safety while she burns Krakoa down at her leisure is completely in character.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I agree this is all possible, but narratively it would still be one hell of a suspension of disbelief that Nightcrawler would just straight up murder anyone with no provocation. No I don’t think drunkenness is a good enough reason. He’s been plastered plenty of times before and is not the least bit murderous and Kurt has no motive whatsoever to want to do it. He’s actually spoken on her behalf a number of times when she isn’t around to defend herself.

Even if it was a frame job by Mystique or he was influenced by Onslaught I would seriously question the councils sanity if they just believed he did it and not ask any questions. Unless of course, the writers are planning to ‘Wally West’ him.

All this debate is making me think that a lot of the investigators of this murder are going to have to take stupid pills to not know who did it immediately. This is a high profile case so surely you’d want the most powerful mutants with expert skills on this. The killer would have to be a genius to know how to hide everything from all these super powered beings. Either that or all the best mutants for the job have to wash their hair that day, darn!
    Between Logan’s enhanced senses and Rachel’s chronomskimming, it should be a doddle.

From an editorial point of view, getting Kurt off the board for a while would be a distinct editorial choice and a huge source of drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm starting to feel that about Pietro... His absence from any (main) covers or the trailer or solicitations is making me suspicious.
    Pietro being absent is also very obvious and clearly needs addressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Why would the pretender thing stop just because she is dead? She still committed genocide to the mutants and it is a very big part of their history? Her death doesn't rewrite what she did.
    The Pretender tag will go once Wanda is revealed to be a mutant again. She was only labelled the Pretender because she was considered a mutant all of those years until the retcon in Uncanny Avengers Vol 2.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    The Pretender tag will go once Wanda is revealed to be a mutant again. She was only labelled the Pretender because she was considered a mutant all of those years until the retcon in Uncanny Avengers Vol 2.
    Yeah I see the “pretender” label being done with and his tune will change. Then he’ll go after processed sugar or something equally dangerous.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I don't care about the Pretender thing. I want stories for Wanda actually for her in her narrative. And nothing so far in her time in the x-books shows that it's any different from the Avengers side events that ruined her when she was a mutant then.

So mutant or not, loved or hated won't matter. Marvel would rather stand in the way of Zub doing anything of substance with her.

Just like like Thor is usually the Jobber. Wanda is the catalyst for everyone else's stories. Being retconned more than Donna Troy won't change that.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't care about the Pretender thing. I want stories for Wanda actually for her in her narrative. And nothing so far in her time in the x-books shows that it's any different from the Avengers side events that ruined her when she was a mutant then.

So mutant or not, loved or hated won't matter. Marvel would rather stand in the way of Zub doing anything of substance with her.

Just like like Thor is usually the Jobber. Wanda is the catalyst for everyone else's stories. Being retconned more than Donna Troy won't change that.
    Wanda’s been in limbo for a while. Let’s just wait and see how the story plays out. Maybe this can give her a grounded backstory with a firm path for a narrative for her going forward.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Wanda’s been in limbo for a while. Let’s just wait and see how the story plays out. Maybe this can give her a grounded backstory with a firm path for a narrative for her going forward.
    Wanda was in limbo before the mutant retcon. What makes you think anything will be different this time? What has comics done to earn any sort of confidence that they'll do that? It's not like she's been handled great in the x-books and terrible in the Avengers books. Still to this day her good depictions come down to Zub writing her and her solo by Robinson.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda was in limbo before the mutant retcon. What makes you think anything will be different this time? What has comics done to earn any sort of confidence that they'll do that? It's not like she's been handled great in the x-books and terrible in the Avengers books. Still to this day her good depictions come down to Zub writing her and her solo by Robinson.
    Every writer is different so any story that involves Wanda I can expect to be different.Am I confident? No. Am I apprehensive? No. I like to see how each person wants to tell a story. Wanda has been treated dirty, but in my opinion that’s because they never took the time to actually deal with HoM any story that featured her or her solo felt incomplete for her cause she still seemed sad cause no matter how many smiles she had on her face or what courage she possessed she seemed like it wasn’t enough for her to actually let go of the past. I want to see if Trial of Magneto can give that to her this time.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

No shade but a lot of Wanda Fans have very negative mindsets y'all should smoke weed.