Page 48 of 101 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Do you think that this story will be as popular as House of M?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Not unless they resurrect Magneto and Madgas actual twins

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I mean, Stephen said it's just her "mutant reality warping" in AD. And then Bendis let Stephen say "this chaos magic of hers".
    Yeah, Stephen is an inconsistant dumbass under Bendis.
    Everyone remembers Avengers Disassembled as saying she had a mutant reality-warping power, but Strange actually says she was born with a mutant power to use magic... which is pretty much the same definition Busiek created in 1998. The "chaos magic" thing was more a confused attempt to retcon another story than to take her sorcerous powers away from her.

Wanda's powers are probably the most poorly-defined in comics, but the comics and now the MCU seem to have committed themselves to the idea that she has magic powers, unlike in the '80s when some writers/editors insisted she only had mutant probability powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    House of M was the first big standalone event Marvel had done in years, from their biggest star writer. "Trial of Magneto" is running concurrently with "Inferno," an event from Marvel's current biggest star writer.

I don't know what it would have been like if they'd done it in 2020 as they originally planned (before postponing it until after "WandaVision") but it's clearly not the A-list event.
    Last edited by gurkle; 07-03-2021 at 01:02 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Wonder if this means the MCU will make them back I to mutants as well. Scarlet Witch amazingly was never used across the 20 years of movies, so having her on an X-Men team would certainly be new.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Wonder if this means the MCU will make them back I to mutants as well. Scarlet Witch amazingly was never used across the 20 years of movies, so having her on an X-Men team would certainly be new.
    Never say never, but I truly doubt it. Feige put Wanda in the MCU at a time when there was no hope of ever making her a mutant, and he had the opportunity to do it in her show, and instead it turned out to be a bait-and-switch before revealing that she was always a witch. And Feige does not like overly complicated origins or backstories, which explains why MCU Wanda only has one set of parents.

There was no reason other than editorial mandate that the comics version needed to be changed into a non-mutant, but the MCU is clearly using her as a sorceress, robosexual, mother of real-but-not-completely twin boys, etc. rather than anything on the mutant side.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised in typical all abut me fashion that Wanda killed herself at the gala thinking it would make mutant kind happy and also make up for her numerous crimes vs mutants

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Never say never, but I truly doubt it. Feige put Wanda in the MCU at a time when there was no hope of ever making her a mutant, and he had the opportunity to do it in her show, and instead it turned out to be a bait-and-switch before revealing that she was always a witch. And Feige does not like overly complicated origins or backstories, which explains why MCU Wanda only has one set of parents.

There was no reason other than editorial mandate that the comics version needed to be changed into a non-mutant, but the MCU is clearly using her as a sorceress, robosexual, mother of real-but-not-completely twin boys, etc. rather than anything on the mutant side.
    Agatha does say she had powers preternaturally young. They could be going with the "her mutant ability is she has an easy time with magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't be surprised in typical all abut me fashion that Wanda killed herself at the gala thinking it would make mutant kind happy and also make up for her numerous crimes vs mutants
    Damn that’s a very dark theory. What abyss did you stare into for such horror to spring forth?
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Well she did try to do that in Children's Crusade before Billy stopped her. But I don't think she could strangle herself.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

I’m aware comics don’t follow real life, but I don’t think that you can strangle yourself to death, certainly not enough to leave visible handmarks on the neck

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Well she did try to do that in Children's Crusade before Billy stopped her. But I don't think she could strangle herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I’m aware comics don’t follow real life, but I don’t think that you can strangle yourself to death, certainly not enough to leave visible handmarks on the neck
    Yall acting like the magic lady couldn't come up with a spell for that

It'd be a pretty shitty murder mystery if it turned out to be "not actually a murder"

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, it sounds dumb.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Agatha does say she had powers preternaturally young. They could be going with the "her mutant ability is she has an easy time with magic"
    I mean, Agatha called her a baby witch, clearly there are cases of people who are naturally adept at magic. They don't need to be mutants.
    It could be MCU version of mystical bloodline/Chthon's curse etc.

I think they were just going with the born with chaos magic thing from the comics. Nothing more. People just wanted it to be more than that.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.