Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101
Results 1,501 to 1,511 of 1511
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Her franchise is Marvel. And pretending she is a real person for a sec.... She doesn't get to decimate the mutant population and go play Super Hero.

That needs fixed and it's not gonna happen in Avengers. She also should have been an X-Man by now.
    Magneto kills thousand of humans and plays Krakoan superhero.Why can't Wanda do the same.
    Also Magneto does not give a f*ck about all the men, women and children he's put under the ground, whereas Wanda grieves for them all.
    And Magneto knew exactly what he was doing when he killed them, Wanda did not know she was depowering them.

Double standards much?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Magneto was put into a coma, killed and had very much his country anhiliated as a consequence for his actions, it´s not like he has gotten scott free and btw he also has been working for a long time with the heros everytime he´s been asked to help.Mutants recognize him for his actions protecting mutants, not for his attacks on the world.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    For the passed decade she wasn’t growing on the Avengers side either. Let her have the chance to make new friends in any environment let’s not stifle Wanda’s potential just because of past grievances.
    that is how I feel as well
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Her solo and stories in UA and Zub's Avengers gave her growth. And get ignored while it's pretended that she's ever had better x-side.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Magneto was put into a coma, killed and had very much his country anhiliated as a consequence for his actions, it´s not like he has gotten scott free and btw he also has been working for a long time with the heros everytime he´s been asked to help.Mutants recognize him for his actions protecting mutants, not for his attacks on the world.
    Wanda has been shunned, demonized by Krakoa(more than Magneto has been by humans).And Wanda has saved the world multiple times before and a few times after M-day.
    I'm not saying Magneto hasn't suffered.Just saying he has PURPOSEFULLY killed THOUSANDS at minimum and is now a hero and Wanda has killed LESS THAN HUNDRED at max UNINTENTIONALLY and people want her to pay.Magneto is INDIFFERENT to the human deaths whereas Wanda is GRIEVING for every single one.

So why should Wanda suffer.

And I love both Avengers and X-men and can tell you X-men fans despise Avengers, absolutely hate them.Like pick a random post by X-men fans involving avengers and everyone is attacking.
    Avengers fans are either like or are indifferent to X-men.Even the ones that dislike them keep it civil.

This is a generalization from what I've seen, not for every member.

That's why I feel she should be w/ Avengers.X-men fandom hates Avengers and Wanda, Avengers fandom handles that much better.
    She can still be on both sides but Avengers makes more sense.

Honestly M-day is the only thing that ties her to X-men and it's so OOC.

I think they should move on from this after trial.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 08-20-2021 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Her solo and stories in UA and Zub's Avengers gave her growth. And get ignored while it's pretended that she's ever had better x-side.
    Is it true growth though if it goes nowhere? Narratively, it feels like she's been stuck in the same rut from a decade ago

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Is it true growth though if it goes nowhere? Narratively, it feels like she's been stuck in the same rut from a decade ago
    It going nowhere is a subjective thing. Because that depends on how you feel about her becoming a magic detective, her fighting back against the death of magic, her closure with Agatha, closure with Jan, her new mother, her new romantic relationship and being on new teams. If you tuned out of all those things then growth in the way you hoped did not happen.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Wanda has been shunned, demonized by Krakoa(more than Magneto has been by humans).And Wanda has saved the world multiple times before and a few times after M-day.
    I'm not saying Magneto hasn't suffered.Just saying he has PURPOSEFULLY killed THOUSANDS at minimum and is now a hero and Wanda has killed LESS THAN HUNDRED at max UNINTENTIONALLY and people want her to pay.Magneto is INDIFFERENT to the human deaths whereas Wanda is GRIEVING for every single one.So why should Wanda suffer.
    Magneto is not indifferent and has felt deep regret over them, in fact those same deads have made him second guess himself and decide to stop because of the terrible consequences of his actions the problem is that the marvel universe has gone to double down into keeping the attack on mutants so he regrets his actions but also believes he should not stop protecting mutants, of course his methods have changed along the way and in fact when Cyclops, Xavier and Logan where killed he took over a team of X-men to keep protecting earth, human and mutants included and even made Exodus help when Bastion had a plot to turn humans into mutants even if this transformation killed some of them with a toxine called mothervine, so Magneto stopped him with the X-men, Exodus and Elixir help.

I would not say he´s considered a hero, at least no to the world at large or the avengers, he´s a hero for mutants for all he has done to protect them and give them asylum but this doesn´t mean this sentiment is the same for the rest of the world. For the Avengers he´s more a case of the X-men taking him in as them supervising him, something like the Tunderbolts were at some point but they know is something more complex than that.

Now Wanda is bassically the opposite of this, She is an AVENGER, she´s beloved as an heroine on the world at large,Krakoa is the only place in which she´s rejected and she feels regret for decimation but this doesn´t mean the mutant population knows this, they don´t know her, they only know decimation hurted them in a very lasting way. This is why I hope this story helps to get some catharsis between her and mutantkind, otherwise the HoM chapter will be left open.

And I love both Avengers and X-men and can tell you X-men fans despise Avengers, absolutely hate them.Like pick a random post by X-men fans involving avengers and everyone is attacking. Avengers fans are either like or are indifferent to X-men.Even the ones that dislike them keep it civil.
    This is a generalization from what I've seen, not for every member.
    That's why I feel she should be w/ Avengers.X-men fandom hates Avengers and Wanda, Avengers fandom handles that much better.
    She can still be on both sides but Avengers makes more sense.

Honestly M-day is the only thing that ties her to X-men and it's so OOC.

I think they should move on from this after trial.
    I agree she´s always been an Avenger and she´s from that side of marvel, this conflict in the fandom is just the result of marvel purposely keeping open the fight for years between both sides with their stories, first HoM and the AvX and Uncanny Avengers by Remender so the fandom became polarized and marvel probably will keep doing this because polarization seems to sell acording to them.

But this doesn´t mean Wanda has to stay at the center of this fight, I think Wanda could have a good story on the X-side, just like Pietro did at the moment when he was on X-factor by PAD but she would need the appropiate writer to handle the story, so far I have seen Ewing interested and Leah also, so I hope that between them they manage to at least close the chapter to the characters can advance.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-20-2021 at 02:52 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Uncanny Avengers being Wanda’s “I have done nothing wrong in my life, ever” era... not exactly the sort of growth that I’d hoped Wanda would have after AvX.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Uncanny Avengers being Wanda’s “I have done nothing wrong in my life, ever” era... not exactly the sort of growth that I’d hoped Wanda would have after AvX.
    My issue exactly, it was mostly a 1 step forward - 2 step backward situation
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    UA by Remender was not her only run. UA had a rocky start but got better as other writers picked it up. Remender's was not one I referenced.