Page 67 of 101 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1511
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean Wanda is the main focal point of a major X event where one of the biggest points of contention is the fact that she is a "pretender" and let's not forget Magneto swearing to "make it right" by any means necessary and in a X-world where Sinister literally gave himself and X gene and one can manipulate the genetic code during the resurrection process it's not too far-fetched to believe that Wanda will be resurrected as a mutant at the end of this event.
    Yeah, as a corpse. And don't forget HoM also had her as the "focal point."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She's been a focal point before without any actual progression happening for her. It's pretty standard for her and events actually.
    Well I guess we'll just have to wait for the story to play out won't we but I'll choose to be optimistic since the relationship between Magneto and Wanda as well as her importance to the Mythos of muntantkind in this era seems to be somerhing the x office is interested in exploring.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Hey, innocent until proven guilty! I mean, if Mags is innocent she has at least one loved one there.

Sounds like a good time.
    Not murdering someone is not love, it's basic human decency.

Extraordinary Member

Well I guess we'll just have to wait for the story to play out won't we but I'll choose to be optimistic since the relationship between Magneto and Wanda as well as her importance to the Mythos of muntantkind in this era seems to be somerhing the x office is interested in exploring.
    Yeah, and her character suffered for that, and Krakoa is probably gonna pay her some compensation.
    If Wanda can break 4th wall she will probably realize she is one of those abused and exploited workers who does the essential but shitty job.

Already not interested in waiting with them making her the perfect corpse and in none of the next solicits. It seeming like it's more about others is not convincing me of anything. Sure they can always pull out a surprise, but with how they've treated her so far, unlikely. I doubt they've been playing some long game of 17 years of expect there to be bs, so they can disprove that. They just seem to see her as a useful plot device. And the start of this event is no different than the start of HoM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Wanda’s been in limbo for a while. Let’s just wait and see how the story plays out. Maybe this can give her a grounded backstory with a firm path for a narrative for her going forward.
    Her backstory doesn't need to be grounded, Nights of Wundagore(the Wundagore part, which can play with either Magneto/HE/Natalya explanation) is already good enough, no need to change it further.

Yeah that origin is the best because it gives her something of her own that doesn't leave her in the shadow of anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Her backstory doesn't need to be grounded, Nights of Wundagore(the Wundagore part, which can play with either Magneto/HE/Natalya explanation) is already good enough, no need to change it further.
    I wasn’t implying her backstory be changed. I mean grounded as in they present what’s been written in a cohesive manner.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Not murdering someone is not love, it's basic human decency.
    With the crucible, killing someone you love is also on the menu

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

The abuse is love trope really needs to be buried in an unmarked grave. If Magneto really murdered Wanda to make her a mutant again, especially if she ran away, makes it an honor killing and abuse. That this would be a celebrated turn of events by fandom is demoralizing, honestly.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 07-21-2021 at 07:56 AM.

My money is on Mystique.

Either she impersonated Mags during that moment between Wanda and Mags in SWORD, or she bore witness to that moment and saw it as an opportunity to get close with Wanda's guard down.

Or its not even a Krakoan.
    Hell, it could have been an Arakki gone rouge.

I don't think it was Magneto.

Yeah, murder and abuse are still not ok. Even if you can magically undo it. I hope Marvel isn't tone deaf enough to do something like that.

Yeah, murder and abuse are still not ok. Even if you can magically undo it. I hope Marvel isn't tone deaf enough to do something like that.
    I truly hope not. Even if the plan was to make her a mutant again, there would be no need to kill her. Just say the spell she cast during Axis was meant to reflect her lack of filial connection to Magneto in her inverted state, and is still a mutant. Have an outside party like Wakanda or Atlantis run a genetics test to confirm it. Summon the ghost of Magda to testify. Literally anything else.

Yeah they could make her a mutant in far easier, less toxic ways. If that's what they are aiming for.

But plot twists exist. And it's always possible that this body isn't the real Wanda. Or that her changing her dna with her powers is permanent.

I still feel like the focus should be on getting Pietro back as a mutant. He lost more from the retcon. Wanda was treated pretty much the same.

Yeah they could make her a mutant in far easier, less toxic ways. If that's what they are aiming for.

But plot twists exist. And it's always possible that this body isn't the real Wanda. Or that her changing her dna with her powers is permanent.

I still feel like the focus should be on getting Pietro back as a mutant. He lost more from the retcon. Wanda was treated pretty much the same.
    Wanda tricking her would be killer into thinking she’s dead so she can work behind the scenes to save the day is probably asking too much from Marvel. It makes her look too competent. But it’s hard to think of a twist that doesn’t ultimately leave Wanda a silent victim that is only talked about.

Reading X-Men Legends made me hunger for Pietro being a mutant on the x-books again. He really did suffer without that connection. I feel like he would do great on SWORD.

It would be easiest thing to say Pietro inherited the x gene and Wanda didn’t, much in the manner that Betsy Braddock is a mutant but her twin Brian isn’t. They’re fraternal twins after all, and even identical twins don’t share everything in common.