Page 26 of 101 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Magneto kills Doctor StrangeNO3ErJMl.jpg
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 06-08-2021 at 05:04 AM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Magneto kills Doctor StrangeNO3ErJMl.jpg
    Ehhh unlikely. I don't think they would have Stephen be killed during an X-book and have the consequences to the killer be in just an x-mini series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    X-Factor was an very ordinary title and its demise is no surprise to me, New Mutants and Excalibur aren't far behind.
    Excalibur sure, New Mutants with better stories and a proper rotating team could have good adventures.In a way the 'problem' imo with New Mutants is it's a little too introspective, not only are all the struggles internal or interpersonal , but since the first issues they don't seem to ever leave Krakoa which makes it boring. The best thing would be to plant seeds for the future by having the kids notice there are no precogs on the island and wonder why or find Ruth's diary and have her tell by writing that she was murdered but they try to figure the why or wherefore by themselves.Perfect opportunity to make the book engaging and synergised with the rest.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I find strange all this talk about Wanda while, in the same time, insisting that she has nothing to do with the mutants anymore.
    I think it has nothing to do with Wanda, but I've remembered the secret mole on Krakoa who killed the assassin.I don't know who it could be ,but maybe Magneto finds out and kills this mole (who is definitely a mutant) and this is the first fissure.I think it's too early for Mystique to die, and with so many telepaths on the island Mystique setting up Magneto through wearing his guise is improbable.I think the mole will be discovered and executed by Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Excalibur sure, New Mutants with better stories and a proper rotating team could have good adventures.In a way the 'problem' imo with New Mutants is it's a little too introspective, not only are all the struggles internal or interpersonal , but since the first issues they don't seem to ever leave Krakoa which makes it boring. The best thing would be to plant seeds for the future by having the kids notice there are no precogs on the island and wonder why or find Ruth's diary and have her tell by writing that she was murdered but they try to figure the why or wherefore by themselves.Perfect opportunity to make the book engaging and synergised with the rest.
    ???? They've been to space, Nebraska, Nova Roma, Carnelia, Ohio, Otherworld. They've made good use of the Krakoa gates and have left the island in almost every arc. Hickman and Brisson had them traveling around. Its only since Vita took over, that its mainly taken place on Krakoa but even they has done some traveling

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ???? They've been to space, Nebraska, Nova Roma, Carnelia, Ohio, Otherworld. They've made good use of the Krakoa gates and have left the island in almost every arc. Hickman and Brisson had them traveling around. Its only since Vita took over, that its mainly taken place on Krakoa but even they has done some traveling
    Yes I know, I guess it was the wrong wording or reading what I meant was in the first issues they travelled lots and now for some issues they haven't and to me honestly travelling to otherworld is not too different than Excalibur ergo boring.I hope they travelled to space or out into the world a little more.

Why do people keep saying Magneto is going on trial for killing a mutant? It's not even against the law to kill mutants on Krakoa because the Five would just bring them back. No-one would even look up from their drink.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Why do people keep saying Magneto is going on trial for killing a mutant? It's not even against the law to kill mutants on Krakoa because the Five would just bring them back. No-one would even look up from their drink.
    Depends on the reason for killing the mutant, besides it would be the first 'fratricide' (outside Crucible but that is technically mutant vs temporary non mutant) on Krakoa so it may open the eyes of others that the Eden has a hellish side. I'm sure especially if we are told that X and M decree the killing will forfeit future resurrections of said individual then surely it's opening the leaders to a whole lot of questions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Not necessarily true. People consider Gorgon and Rockslide true deaths because every version of their old personality has been corrupted / erased. It's why Emma was so pissed the implication of her joining Krakoa was that no mutant children had to die anymore.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The murder victim isn't going to be a mutant. Resurrection makes murder irrelevant and Magneto doesn't really have any motivation to kill any fellow mutants (except maybe Fenris). If he found out about a mutant conspiring against Krakoa, he wouldn't kill them, they would just be resurrected. Why do that when he could just bring them before the Council and have them exiled to the pit.

I think the likeliest candidate for who will be "killed" is Henry Gyrich. And I think it will be a set up between Gyrich, Orchis, and the SWORD mole in an attempt to destabilize Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The murder victim isn't going to be a mutant. Resurrection makes murder irrelevant and Magneto doesn't really have any motivation to kill any fellow mutants (except maybe Fenris). If he found out about a mutant conspiring against Krakoa, he wouldn't kill them, they would just be resurrected. Why do that when he could just bring them before the Council and have them exiled to the pit.

I think the likeliest candidate for who will be "killed" is Henry Gyrich. And I think it will be a set up between Gyrich, Orchis, and the SWORD mole in an attempt to destabilize Krakoa.
    Yep agreed. Ewing foreshadowed that Orchis knew about the Gala through their mole on SWORD so it wouldn't surprise me to know they set Magneto up as a way to destabilize Krakoa especially now that they have Nimrod online.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Half of Vita’s issues have had major plots in Otherworld and they used it more creatively than what’s been done in Excalibur. I feel like people keep on forgetting that Vita has been on the book for literally 4 issues.

I am really curious as to what Magneto did, to whom, why, how, who saw, etc, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I am really curious as to what Magneto did, to whom, why, how, who saw, etc, lol!
    It could be a hoot if Magneto wasn't the one *on* trial, but the one *overseeing* the trial as chief magistrate / judge. Just to throw the wrench into all the speculation.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Half of Vita’s issues have had major plots in Otherworld and they used it more creatively than what’s been done in Excalibur. I feel like people keep on forgetting that Vita has been on the book for literally 4 issues.
    Damn it's only been 4 issues? Geez Vita is good I could have sworn it was at least 6 or 7.

Vita's issues are so dense and full of character interactions and dialogue each issue genuinely feels like it's two issues in one.