Page 37 of 101 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

The solicit specifically mentions that the third law of Krakoa has been broken. This law is not 'Kill No Man'(which is the second law), but 'Respect This Sacred Land'. It is possible that this may be referring to the fact that he let the fabled 'pretender' step foot on their holy land.

The murder may be a completely unrelated event. It may even be referring to Gabby's death in New Mutants.
    Last edited by tornshattered; 06-26-2021 at 06:06 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by tornshattered View Post
    The solicit specifically mentions that the third law of Krakoa has been broken. This law is not 'Kill No Man'(which is the second law), but 'Respect This Sacred Land'. It is possible that this may be referring to the fact that he let the fabled 'pretender' step foot on their holy land.

The murder may be a completely unrelated event. It may even be referring to Gabby's death in New Mutants.
    That's a good point.

That's a very good point.

But I do think there will be another murder in X-Factor, as the Marvel website and other promos appear to imply it. There already been a few murders that have happened during the Gala, though none of them directly involve Magneto. I don't know how Gabby's death would have anything to do with Magneto's trial, especially since those two characters never even talked to each other. Not only that, but New Mutants seem like there going to handle Gabby's death, which was most likely caused by whatever scheme Shadow King is playing. Also, the Avengers will need to get involved somehow, and breaking the third rule wouldn't be enough for the Avengers to come calling, so I'm assuming it has something to do with the murder. Though in fairness, that could be the solicitations misleading readers, so who really knows why the Avengers are on the cover of issue 2.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Abusively. And on the sliding timeline, only for a matter of months.
    Even with sliding timeline math that doesn't add up.

It's definitely a murder since X factor is involved. It's not Gabby since that seems tied to New Mutants specifically

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes and so far X-factor work has been about discovering the reason behind mutant murders so they can be brought back so live without doing duplicates so this could be a mutant murder.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Because...

having Magneto, Storm or Iceman go full throttle would kill everyone.
    Didn't Mystique have Forge build a black hole bomb to take down the whole thing(Nimrod coming on-line stopped it)? They were trying to play nice the first time; and everyone died. All bets are off now.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Interesting.

Because...

having Magneto, Storm or Iceman go full throttle would kill everyone.
    Well that's explain why the X-Men wouldnt do it, but Magneto, etc, would this really be an obstacle?

Quote Originally Posted by tornshattered View Post

Do you mean the Way of X solicits? Because #5 mentions the third law, but the one for #4 reads "Kill no man! But exceptions may apply." I think that could very well refer to Wanda and the fact Magneto invited her. She's a controversial figure among mutants, to say the least, and if his invitation led to her death it could very well be interpreted as a violation of the third law, especially if the event has political repercussions and harms Krakoa's image and their relation to the Avengers.

Astonishing Member

Except the Gala took place on Mykines, not Krakoa.

Magneto wouldn’t be stupid enough to risk Beast, Sage or Cipher listening in on him

Spectacular Member

I think it’s just that after all the drinking they caught him while peeing in the open and he was too drunk to realize he was actually peeing on Krakoa thus disrespecting the sacred land.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Do you mean the Way of X solicits? Because #5 mentions the third law, but the one for #4 reads "Kill no man! But exceptions may apply." I think that could very well refer to Wanda and the fact Magneto invited her. She's a controversial figure among mutants, to say the least, and if his invitation led to her death it could very well be interpreted as a violation of the third law, especially if the event has political repercussions and harms Krakoa's image and their relation to the Avengers.
    Beast also invited her.

Beast also invited her.
    Beast didn't invite Wanda to the Hellfire Gala but he did email her inviting her to Krakoa to test out the Krakoan Gateways.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 06-27-2021 at 04:08 AM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Except the Gala took place on Mykines, not Krakoa.

Magneto wouldn’t be stupid enough to risk Beast, Sage or Cipher listening in on him
    True, and a good point.

Beast also invited her.
    Ah, I didn't know that. I guess one issue with someone like Mystique using Wanda to set up Magneto is that she couldn't have been certain whether she'd show up at all.

With so much potential misdirection around, I wouldn't be surprised if the truth is something completely out of the left field, or something that's boringly predictable in hindsight.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Didn't Mystique have Forge build a black hole bomb to take down the whole thing(Nimrod coming on-line stopped it)? They were trying to play nice the first time; and everyone died. All bets are off now.

Which is why they had Mystique (the shapeshifter) do it in secret for plausible deniability.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Which is why they had Mystique (the shapeshifter) do it in secret for plausible deniability.
    Deniability for destroying an active anti-mutant terrorist group. If people found out I’m pretty sure everyone would have agreed Orchis needed to be destroyed. Mystique was used cause her shapeshifting allowed her to be out in the open without being noticed unless someone was using mutant detecting tech(Nimrod).
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Well that's explain why the X-Men wouldnt do it, but Magneto, etc, would this really be an obstacle?
    Normally no but they’re trying to avoid that. That’s why their current goal is building financial power and influence in hopes of stopping these kind of projects from being funded. Their claiming representation of Sol puts them in a powerful position that transcends the Earthly nonsense of being hunted and killed. We’ll see if it works.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!