Page 27 of 101 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Damn it's only been 4 issues? Geez Vita is good I could have sworn it was at least 6 or 7.

Vita's issues are so dense and full of character interactions and dialogue each issue genuinely feels like it's two issues in one.
    It's issues 14-18 so far so actually five, but still.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I am really curious as to what Magneto did, to whom, why, how, who saw, etc, lol!
    Maybe Xavier finds him in 'No Place' at an unholy hour.. like we've not had enough Cyke-Logan drama over Jean. History tends to repeat itself especially with Moira..just kidding that kind of drama is for the rookies

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It could be a hoot if Magneto wasn't the one *on* trial, but the one *overseeing* the trial as chief magistrate / judge. Just to throw the wrench into all the speculation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Maybe Xavier finds him in 'No Place' at an unholy hour.. like we've not had enough Cyke-Logan drama over Jean. History tends to repeat itself especially with Moira..just kidding that kind of drama is for the rookies
    Yeah...so many possibilities!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Could it be Tommy? He has a flower, which would seemingly confirm he's not a mutant anymore, has ties to X-Factor and Magneto himself, wouldn't be easily revived, and his dubious mutant status would make it controversial for sure.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I don´t think it will be Tommy, they may no longer be considered family but it´s a fact emotionally speaking he still sees Wanda and Pietro as such and this also means he still sees Luna, Billy and Tommy as his grandchildren if only from his perspective.

Given Leah words on Magneto´´s motives it looks like he discovered a big secret about Krakoa and he reacts badly after discovering it and wants justice, so my guess is that the murder will have to do with one Krakoa´s secrets not the maximoffs.

“When has Magneto ever allowed bureaucracy to get between himself and what’s just? In the island paradise of Krakoa, safe haven and home for mutants--Magneto’s hard-fought, greatest desire of seeing his people at peace and thriving has finally been achieved. But Magneto’s loyalty extends only as far as it is first earned, so after the Hellfire Gala, when he learns that even a paradise could still be filled with lies...the TRIAL OF MAGNETO will begin,” Williams teases.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-11-2021 at 05:51 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I don´t think it will be Tommy, they may no longer be considered family but it´s a fact emotionally speaking he still sees Wanda and Pietro as such and this also means he still sees Luna, Billy and Tommy as his grandchildren if only from his perspective.

Given Leah words on Magneto´´s motives it looks like he discovered a big secret about Krakoa and he reacts badly after discovering it and wants justice, so my guess is that the murder will have to do with one Krakoa´s secrets not the maximoffs.

“When has Magneto ever allowed bureaucracy to get between himself and what’s just? In the island paradise of Krakoa, safe haven and home for mutants--Magneto’s hard-fought, greatest desire of seeing his people at peace and thriving has finally been achieved. But Magneto’s loyalty extends only as far as it is first earned, so after the Hellfire Gala, when he learns that even a paradise could still be filled with lies...the TRIAL OF MAGNETO will begin,” Williams teases.
    My take on that description is that Magneto is framed. People think he did it, he goes rogue to clear his name and figure out who in Krakoa would move against him, that kind of stuff. So that is all about his reaction to the events, not any motive to murder.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

That´s a possibility so far what she said could be taken in a different way, he could be framed, he could be guilty or he could not even be the one accused so far, the only thing we can be sure of is that the trial has to do with a big secret inside Krakoa.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-11-2021 at 07:32 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Okay. I think I have it figured out. But it’s my speculation.

Keep in mind, the morning after the Gala, the X-men already have a different murder mystery with a body found.
    spoilers:
    Gabby
    end of spoilers

So I think there isn’t a murder Magneto will do, but one where it’s discovered he already did, and now he’s out on trial.

X-Factor readers know that Prodigy didn’t die pre-Krakoa like it was said he did. We know he was revived in early Krakoa by the Five, but his memories and circumstances of his death have been altered.

I think a living breathing Prodigy discovered Moira was alive, or some thing else Charles, Magento and secretly Moira want to keep hidden (no precog rule?).

Prodigy’s power may have allowed him to find this out from Moira when David first came to the island. Or from Charles or from Magneto himself.

Either way, Magneto took it upon himself to kill Prodigy for the “sake of Krakoa society”, and then resurrected, Charles edited his memories.

This is discovered the night of the Gala, maybe when Magneto returns from Mars. Or something is discovered the night of the Gala when Prodigy questions others more (like Tommy).

So X-Factor takes Magneto to trial. (Erik doesn’t want Charles and Moira’s part to be revealed) so he allows himself to take the fall.

That’s my theory.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Keep in mind, the morning after the Gala, the X-men already have a different murder mystery with a body found.
    spoilers:
    Gabby
    end of spoilers

So I think there isn’t a murder Magneto will do, but one where it’s discovered he already did, and now he’s out on trial.

X-Factor readers know that Prodigy didn’t die pre-Krakoa like it was said he did. We know he was revived in early Krakoa by the Five, but his memories and circumstances of his death have been altered.

I think a living breathing Prodigy discovered Moira was alive, or some thing else Charles, Magento and secretly Moira want to keep hidden (no precog rule?).

Prodigy’s power may have allowed him to find this out from Moira when David first came to the island. Or from Charles or from Magneto himself.

Either way, Magneto took it upon himself to kill Prodigy for the “sake of Krakoa society”, and then resurrected, Charles edited his memories.

This is discovered the night of the Gala, maybe when Magneto returns from Mars. Or something is discovered the night of the Gala when Prodigy questions others more (like Tommy).

So X-Factor takes Magneto to trial. (Erik doesn’t want Charles and Moira’s part to be revealed) so he allows himself to take the fall.

That’s my theory.
    I'm LOVING this theory. Well done!

That's a good guess...

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Prodigy was depowered prior to being resurrected, there's no way he could have learned about Moira that way. It was also assumed he died during the Rosencanny run and this was believed because he was MIA prior to being resurrected which means that he was never on Krakoa before being resurrected. If he was, that would mean Xavier would have to erase the memory of anyone who saw or interacted with him and they would have to erase any data of his being there (the gates, any video) which is way more complicated than it needs to be, especially when all they would have to do if David discovered Moira is erase his memory.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

spoilers:
    Gabby
    end of spoilers

That’s my theory.

That’s very smart. And ties in with David’s team investigating it. Well deducted.

The motivation may be incorrect but I do agree with the idea that it could be Prodigy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The motivation may be incorrect but I do agree with the idea that it could be Prodigy.
    As much as I love this, I'm not sure that the X-editors would want to assign so much prominence to Prodigy, who is part of that generation that dare not speak it's name.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    As much as I love this, I'm not sure that the X-editors would want to assign so much prominence to Prodigy, who is part of that generation that dare not speak it's name.
    True but a year ago who would’ve called Synch being on the main X-men team!