Page 10 of 101 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

S.W.O.R.D. #7
    Written by AL EWING
    Art and Cover by VALERIO SCHITI
    THE MORNING AFTER THE NIGHT BEFORE...
    The Hellfire Gala is over... but not all the guests have gone home. Victor Von Doom is staying for dinner. He's chatting to an old friend in a very new setting — about thrones, empires, magic, Mysterium... and the LAST ANNIHILATION!

Old Friend- Magneto? Thrones and empires looks like a call back to Krakoa´s relationship to the Shiar and the Skrull/Kree alliance, Magic - Wanda? and Mysterium - What Brand is doing is going to affect the last Anhiliation?

This looks like Dr Doom is worried/curious about Krakoa´s dyplomatic links but also about what SWORD is doing with Mysterium and Magneto´s own former family relationships, lest remember he almost married Wanda for her power so could it be him the one who question the retcon? and wonder if Magneto has a plan to use his family link or he´s wondering why Magneto himself didn´t question the axis retcon? Dr Doom recently showed the power to change minds with Hulking on Guardians of the Galaxy,could he try to use this power on Magneto to make him do something extreme for which he would be judged?

Ewing said Magneto was one of the characters from sword that he was most interested in writting at the moment but that he hardly would be the only one to explore him so I can see him, Leah and Hickman´s next title having repercutions from the Gala and "Magneto´s Trial" looks like it will be a more complex thing if it´s going to address the cosmic events of Anhiliation and also whatever reveal there will be on Planet Size.

I also think Wanda situation will be more and more important to Magneto on Krakoa but I am not sure if this will be the event that brings her into the story or something else is going to happen before that.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-08-2021 at 08:55 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Magneto in all black/all white is hot.

Hopefully, he's on trial as a way to retcon Wanda and Pietro back to being mutants and being his kids.

I nominate Cortez as Magneto's defence attorney

lol that trial would not last long, Magnus would be exiled by the evening if Fabian is his lawyer.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

What the hell, lol? And the price for the sorta-mini-event (?) literally nobody asked for goes to...

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I nominate Cortez as Magneto's defence attorney
    This would make a great what if? comic lol

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Officially they would be avoidable deaths so murder, Magneto even lied about it to Cyclops. Not that I think it is going to cause for the trial though.
    X-Force from issue 1 on shows Wolverine and co. murdering humans with impunity. I’m not sure what makes Wolverine exempt from solitary confinement in Krakoa’s (what to call it?) bowels? Crevices? Caves? Maybe they just like Logan better than Sabertooth. All mutants are equal but some mutants are more equal than others?

If williams is involved, my interest is nearly non-existent. X-Factor has been painful to read and the art is rough too

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    X-Force from issue 1 on shows Wolverine and co. murdering humans with impunity. I’m not sure what makes Wolverine exempt from solitary confinement in Krakoa’s (what to call it?) bowels? Crevices? Caves? Maybe they just like Logan better than Sabertooth. All mutants are equal but some mutants are more equal than others?
    There are likely inconsistencies, such as in X-Men when they go to the meeting and Gorgon just hacks off a bunch of limbs but supposedly does not kill anyone, and in Marauders Kitty is just phasing things through people but supposedly not killing anyone, and in Hellions Alex almost hurts some humans, supposedly possibly killing them, and gets threatened with exile.

Keep in mind that in X-Men, when they reveal Mystiques mission to spy on Orchis, Magneto mentions the rule not really applying to them, or to her, so yes, the rule is just for show and only enforced as they need to or choose to.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Ugh so we are getting Romita art. I know art is subjective. But blah.

No excitement for this at all. Ill read your spoiler reviews though.
    No it's not. Romita sucks as an artist. How he keeps getting work in mainstream comics is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    No it's not. Romita sucks as an artist. How he keeps getting work in mainstream comics is beyond me.
    Romita Jr. sucks? Come off it, man. Romita Jr. is a legend! I like his dad better, but Romita Jr. is great. I never really loved him on X-Men, but Iron Man, Captain America, Man Without Fear, and so much more, the guy is one of the greats!

Cable: Blood and Metal and Wolverine: Enemy of the State are my favorite JRJR works.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Heck, For all we know at this point, Magneto is being put on trail for drunk driving or failing to pay his taxes.
    You made me laugh…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    X-Force was the CIA of Krakoa where they were given authority to defend and kill if the situation is precarious in Krakoa. That doesn't mean I like the idea but it also doesn't mean Wolverine was responsible for wrongdoings in this book. It was mostly Beast's.

Valerio Schiti is going to be the artist for this book not Romita but I agree we need to know a little more on what´s going to be about because I also didn´t like Leah´s X-factor but who knows, maybe this story will bring a different concept and it´s a mini series so it will be this one story.

About Mystique and X-force, Xavier handed X-force license for the second rule because they are part of the security of Krakoa, so Mystique actions on Orchis, they have the plan to build hundreds of sentinels to destroy Krakoa after all, so Mystique´s or X-force mission is no different to the one the X-men had during HoX and is part of that and while Magneto is aware of X-force he´s not part of it so he doesn´t have that license.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-08-2021 at 10:41 AM.