Page 14 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I don´t think this story will be about undong the retcon and I don´t want marvel to undo it just so Wanda and Pietro can get back into yelling at Magneto and blame him for everything wrong that happens on their life or when they need a excuse to blame the OC behavoir some of their writers use them for if that´s the case lest keep them far appart from each other, marvel would just need to start using Wanda and Pietro on the Avengers titles while Magneto keeps himself on the X-men side but if they want to they can make them mutants again, just not Magneto´s children.

If they actually make an effort to develop an interesting story between Wanda, Pietro and Magneto and bring something new to the relationship or at least something that adds characterwise to them then I would agree to see the retcon be undone.

Now about Magneto´s trial, I just remembered JDW said some weeks ago they would revisit what happened at the end of Age of X-man, where Magneto made a deal with X-man so they would not need to destroy the world Nate created but they hide that fact from the X-men and now there´s two Magneto´s one on Nate´s world and another on the main X-line, I wonder if the trial has somethign to do with this.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-09-2021 at 01:16 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

That is a very underwhelming teaser.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Forgot about the Age of X-Man thing. So I'm guessing what you're saying is that the accusation is that he violated the no dupes law? But that was pre Krakoa so that would be A: not a crime and B: pardoned anyway

The no duplicates rule only applies for the Five when they bring back mutants and Magneto 1) Has not been brought back to life by the five 2) X-man duplicated him but he´s living both lives in some way.

I just brought the idea of Age of X-man because Jordan White talked about it being addressed at some point but I don´t think this action itself, that saved an entire reality would be held agaist him anyway but I could see it being an issue if it starts an unbalance on the multiverse or something like that.

My personal preference for the trial would be the case of Destiny and Mystique because this puts in danger Moira´s secret and it would bring more consequences for Krakoa so I could see him go to trial to keep Charles( and Moira) as part of the Quiet Council because right now, keeping Krakoa stable and prospering is his priority and he believes that keeping Xavier in charge is the way to do it, that´s how I see it
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-09-2021 at 03:42 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

This was an interesting catch I saw posted on Reddit

I find it too coincidental this may be the answer

I wonder if Magneto comes to the defense of Wanda and sours on Krakoa and the Quiet Council.

Nice catch I hope it´s something like this, maybe he does a trial with one of Arrako mutants looking to have better relations and they find out one of his weakness is Wanda.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-09-2021 at 08:38 PM.

Mighty Member

Maybe he will kill the children of the atom

Kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Maybe he will kill the children of the atom

Kidding.
    Magneto finds out that these teenage imposters are really humans posing as mutants, he loses it and kills them all.

Could it be ?

Children of the Atom #4
    DREAMS DIE YOUNG! Krakoa is opening its doors for the Hellfire Gala?! Sounds like the perfect opportunity for the Children of the Atom kids to visit. After all, Krakoa is their home...right? What could stop them? Or rather, who...

Another scenario ?

Guardians of the Galaxy #15
    GUARDIANS VS. S.W.O.R.D.! In the wake of the Snarkwar and reeling from revelations of their own, the Guardians come face-to-face with the S.W.O.R.D. station crew...including their Quiet Council liaison—Magneto! And he’s not known for friendly chats... It’s the Human Rocket versus the Master of Magnetism—and it’s winner take all!

And finally ?

S.W.O.R.D. #7
    THE MORNING AFTER THE NIGHT BEFORE... The party is over...but not all the guests have gone home. Victor Von Doom is staying for dinner. Be there as he catches up with an old friendÂ…just as THE LAST ANNIHILATION hits!
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Extraordinary Member

Is this an ongoing or a limited series.Also do we think this has something to do with the Last Annihalation event

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    This was an interesting catch I saw posted on Reddit

*pic*

I find it too coincidental this may be the answer

I wonder if Magneto comes to the defense of Wanda and sours on Krakoa and the Quiet Council.
    Ooooh. A trial as in a "test of strength". Really didn't consider that, but that sounds entirely possible too.

Which would make this another example of re-using an old storyline/event name but for something entirely different.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Ooooh. A trial as in a "test of strength". Really didn't consider that, but that sounds entirely possible too.

Which would make this another example of re-using an old storyline/event name but for something entirely different.
    I know I jumped on murdering Wanda pretty quickly, more as a what is the biggest dumb thing they could do to kick it off idea, but my honest guess is that it is going to have to do with Magneto seeing now as the time make something happen that changes things. Magneto has been chomping at the bit this whole era to flex some muscle, this is a Magneto would wants to rule. Wanda will play a role in some way, that has been teased too much not to happen.

So according to JDW Magneto is going to do something on the Gala that makes all sorts of different kinds of waves,not sure how to take that sigh I don´t want to see him become a villain agan That said he either got into a discussion with one of the guests or someone said something about Wanda and he lost it.

Magneto killing Wanda and attempting to resurrect her (tying into what Leah’s doing in X-Factor) to prove that she was really a mutant all along would be interesting, but also dips into fridging territory. Seems like we’ll be speculating until the Gala.

While I don't doubt there are plenty of double standards held by various Quiet Council members, I don't see how Magneto killing a human would result in anything but a swift sentencing to the pits after they made such an example of Sabretooth. So for there to be an actual trial that lasts more than a couple pages, the affair has to be more complex than that, imo.

Mighty Member

^ Except Sabretooth wasn't sent there over that. That was just an excuse. The real reason was that the council is biased. That's like saying the CEO of a company would get fired over the same reasons a janitor is fired.