Page 19 of 101 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    The listing on X-corp is #1-#5 for the treade on Amazon. Looks like it will be another mini

Schiti could be a really great second artist to x-men, his style is very close to Pepe
    Tbf, X-Factor was 10 issues and its first trade had like 4 issues in it.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It sounds to me like this was always going to be the next story arc of X-Factor, but Marvel decided to retitle and center Magneto to generate buzz and publicity. Hopefully after this wraps they will relaunch X-Factor, it is consistently one of my favorite X-books.

As for Lorna, it would have been interesting seeing how she would have handled investigating her father. Williams has already out right said that the bulk of her reaction to the vote on twitter was staged to get more attention to the election, and probably to entertain. The only reason she started trash talking the Gifted stans was because there was a Gifted troll harassing her under multiple accounts.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    All that tantrum about "Gifted stans" seems so silly in retrospect
    Wait, was there some shenanigans I missed? What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I have been saying for some time the X-club has been playing an act with regards to a lot of stuff particularly lately with the vote and the gala. It is not new, writers/editors are often lying to at least not spoil future stories. But Hickman got the ball rolling at least with this era, telling us all sorts of things in the promotion for HoXPoX and then coming right out and saying he told a whole bunch of lies.

So, if you are willing to consider some conspiracy theory type stuff, Polaris is the murder victim.

Although I don't think that is the case, despite this promotion this book is not big enough to warrant all that manipulation. But it is just an extreme example of why creators might fake some sort of reaction, in this case it is probably just as simple as knowing X-Factor was ending anyway but trying not to spoil that news.
    I thought about playing a act, but I also thought about not really knowing Lorna has a strong fan base.

Williams basically went gatekeeping about not wanting MCU fans voting on the pool and that it was only for comic readers. She went too far playing the act, probably destroyed some bridges

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Tbf, X-Factor was 10 issues and its first trade had like 4 issues in it.
    The #5 issue was collected on the crossover, while X-corp crossover issue gonna get collected on the trade
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-10-2021 at 12:38 PM.

I thought about playing a act, but I also thought about not really knowing Lorna has a strong fan base.

Williams basically went gatekeeping about not wanting MCU fans voting on the pool and that it was only for comic readers. She went too far playing the act, probably destroyed some bridges

The #5 issue was collected on the crossover, while X-corp crossover issue gonna get collected on the trade
    Yeah, that's just a difference in how these crossovers are being collected because X of Swords was a storyline from issue to issue across series while Hellfire Gala is individual stories. And regardless, doesn't change my point that X-Factor collected up to issue 5 and didn't end at 5, so X-Corp could totally be ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Yeah, that's just a difference in how these crossovers are being collected because X of Swords was a storyline from issue to issue across series while Hellfire Gala is individual stories. And regardless, doesn't change my point that X-Factor collected up to issue 5 and didn't end at 5, so X-Corp could totally be ongoing.
    Maybe, but then #6 would have to be on a crossover. Seems very unlikely, they usually collect 6 not 5 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    It sounds to me like this was always going to be the next story arc of X-Factor, but Marvel decided to retitle and center Magneto to generate buzz and publicity. Hopefully after this wraps they will relaunch X-Factor, it is consistently one of my favorite X-books.

As for Lorna, it would have been interesting seeing how she would have handled investigating her father. Williams has already out right said that the bulk of her reaction to the vote on twitter was staged to get more attention to the election, and probably to entertain. The only reason she started trash talking the Gifted stans was because there was a Gifted troll harassing her under multiple accounts.
    So because of a troll she bashed all 5 gifted stans? The gifted wasn't a very popular tv show and mostly of the fanbase is gone.
    good lesson having the book canceled

I see no point of a relaunch, unless it is going to be a new writer and team

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

Yeah seems like this would have more emotional weight if Lorna was still on the team leading the investigation.

Quick question: Do non-mutants know about the resurrection protocols? That could lead to another layer of mess because the murder happens at a public event with an abundance of humans.

Also I hope y’all know that wishing ill on someone’s professional career is extremely childish and mean-spirited. If you don’t like someone’s work don’t buy it, cause there’s no need to spend hard earned money on what you don’t like just to complain about it.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 05-10-2021 at 12:51 PM.

I've seen some people say that maybe it's Kyle? That'd be a major enough character without being enough to cause an international incident while also not being a rando

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah seems like this would have more emotional weight if Lorna was still on the team leading the investigation.

Quick question: Do non-mutants know about the resurrection protocols? That could lead to another layer of mess because the murder happens at a public event with an abundance of humans.

Also I hope y’all know that wishing ill on someone’s professional career is extremely childish and mean-spirited. If you don’t like someone’s work don’t buy it, cause there’s no need to spend hard earned money on what you don’t like just to complain about it.
    Lorna would probably not be on the investigative team because of her relationship to the suspect. Williams mentioned Lorna possibly having some minor appearances in upcoming (lol) X-Factor issues, so I guess that could be taken to mean she might have some panels in this book.

I have also wondered if the resurrection protocols are public knowledge and think they must be. Mutants are just showing up already knowing all about it, things are being posted on social media, and even if it was not public knowledge, it is strongly implied in HoX that Orchis knows which is why they activated earlier than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Lorna would probably not be on the investigative team because of her relationship to the suspect. Williams mentioned Lorna possibly having some minor appearances in upcoming (lol) X-Factor issues, so I guess that could be taken to mean she might have some panels in this book.

I have also wondered if the resurrection protocols are public knowledge and think they must be. Mutants are just showing up already knowing all about it, things are being posted on social media, and even if it was not public knowledge, it is strongly implied in HoX that Orchis knows which is why they activated earlier than expected.
    I feel like they made a big deal about it being a secret when Xavier was assassinated in X-Force, but since then it’s not like they hide long dead mutants that randomly pop up again.

They might think it's just the "normal" kind of resurrection. Plenty of heroes have died and come back before so the concept isn't totally alien. They definitely probably don't know that it's basically a clone farm

There are a ton of The Gifted fans still online and interested in the universe and its increasingly showing up on Disney+ in countries. Promoting those fans to be regular comic readers is a very different issue. Comic Lorna has a problem in that her comic book readership base I can tell has shrunk a great deal from what it was back in 2005. She hasn't had a strong storyline in quite awhile that excited comics fans. Lorna was not as big a boon going in to X-Factor that she might have been ten or fifteen years ago.

If her next run manages to win her back some fans and cultivate some new ones then any future book she is on will be in a better position.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-10-2021 at 02:17 PM.

What unfortunate timing that Lorna will already be off of the X-Factor team by the time the trial starts. Being tasked with investigating her own father's actions would have added an extra layer of drama.

Leah is just not great, it’s that simple.

So why she made such a scene?
    Pretty sure she said in an interview that she did that on purpose

In X-men Monday I think