Page 32 of 101 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

If it's not Tommy I'll give up weed.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

My main issue with the idea of Magneto hurting or killing Wanda or Tommy to make them mutants again, appart from the action itself being horrible, itīs fact he believes they are human, humans donīt have their mind contained on cerebro, there are no exceptions, they could clone a body for them but their mind would be lost forever so it doesnīt make sense at all for Magneto to believe this was the way to go to turn them into mutants or to make them a family again, it just doesnīt make sense narratively speaking because he doesnīt have a reason to believe this plan would work or would bring anything good at all.

So far from what I have seen of Leahs comments the murder itself takes place because a secret Krakoa has not someone outside of it, now with the recent covers we know Magnetoīs family will play a big part of the story but right now I am not sure at which level or in what way they get be involved. So far I donīt believe the Avengers would come to Krakoa for a memorial if Magneto killed Wanda or Tommy, this would be the basis for a new AvX not a meeting between superheros and another clue is Magneto prutting pressure on Krakoa and the Quiet Council so again, it looks like it will be an internal matter for Krakoa that will have reppercusions on characters outside of it.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    My main issue with the idea of Magneto hurting or killing Wanda or Tommy to make them mutants again, appart from the action itself being horrible, itīs fact he believes they are human, humans donīt have their mind contained on cerebro, there are no exceptions, they could clone a body for them but their mind would be lost forever so it doesnīt make sense at all for Magneto to believe this was the way to go to turn them into mutants or to make them a family again, it just doesnīt make sense narratively speaking because he doesnīt have a reason to believe this plan would work or would bring anything good at all.

So far from what I have seen of Leahs comments the murder itself takes place because a secret Krakoa has not someone outside of it, now with the recent covers we know Magnetoīs family will play a big part of the story but right now I am not sure at which level or in what way they get be involved. So far I donīt believe the Avengers would come to Krakoa for a memorial if Magneto killed Wanda or Tommy, this would be the basis for a new AvX not a meeting between superheros and another clue is Magneto prutting pressure on Krakoa and the Quiet Council so again, it looks like it will be an internal matter for Krakoa that will have reppercusions on characters outside of it.
    Maybe the secret is that Wanda is a mutant and Charles/Moira knew this entire time. Maybe he finds out that they specifically didn't tell him so that Krakoa could have a bogeyman and so that she wouldn't be forgiven for her crimes.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I still find it laughable that anyone thinks that Erik is going to kill Wanda to make her a mutant. As I've said in other threads, and you said here, that scenario while implausible as it is would be the grounds for the Avengers and the world to destroy Krakoa and be a true AvX. Forcing mutantcy on humans is a bad plot point from the 90's or the movies (literally) and who would sanction such a move? It would require some high-level telepath to forcibly download the entirety of the victim into their brain and hold it there since Cerebro isn't designed for non-mutant downloads. Next you would need to work with Sinister to determine what mutant dna you would be splicing into the victim to not create a totally crazed experiment and that wouldn't be problematic. Then the 5 would need to buy into the whole thing to create a new body, and then have the telepath download the memories. AND then alter them as there is no way Wanda would be ok with any of this. All so she is a mutant again? Come on, I know it's comics but Reed Richards can't stretch this far.

I also don't think they can walk back AXIS as easily as some posters think. Casually saying "oh well you were mistaken they were always mutants" won't fly.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 06-25-2021 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Maybe the secret is that Wanda is a mutant and Charles/Moira knew this entire time. Maybe he finds out that they specifically didn't tell him so that Krakoa could have a bogeyman and so that she wouldn't be forgiven for her crimes.
    Yes I actually could see this happening if this is something Charles and Moira keep as a secret for their plans Magneto would feel very betrayed and I could see him pushing back on them for this reason, I donīt know if they would do it as a way to make her a bogeyman because that would be more like Exodus thing imo but maybe they could have done that for another reason. I could even see Mystique discovering and telling Magneto this to make a crack between Xavier and Erikīs leadership and burn down Krakoa faster. If we add to this the fact Charles seems to be possesed by Onslaught in the same month then itīs a very explosive situation for all of them.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Extraordinary Member

Killing a person just to prove them are mutants or make them mutants is already fucked-up in itself I would say.
    It was a lose-lose scenario, they could absolve Magneto of the burden if they let the victim somehow volunteer, but that will just be weird.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    if there is a secret its hard to say if magneto would be in on it or not. he clearly shows love for them both through out their history, but he's also shown he would push them in front of a bus if it meant mutant kind would benefit in the long run. i know its not the main universe but in the old man logan one this happened.
    1asezq.jpg
    if he thought that letting m day happen would help in the long run would he let it happen and maybe try to fix things later?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post

I also don't think they can walk back AXIS as easily as some posters think. Casually saying "oh well you were mistaken they were always mutants" won't fly.
    There have been worse retcon, or ret-retcons, than than oops, it was a mistake. Literally several retcons have been done worse than that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    if there is a secret its hard to say if magneto would be in on it or not. he clearly shows love for them both through out their history, but he's also shown he would push them in front of a bus if it meant mutant kind would benefit in the long run. i know its not the main universe but in the old man logan one this happened.
    1asezq.jpg
    if he thought that letting m day happen would help in the long run would he let it happen and maybe try to fix things later?
    Problem is that Charles was dead at the time and Moira was still in hiding.
    Only Magneto himself was at the forefront of Wanda’s parentage revelation.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Problem is that Charles was dead at the time and Moira was still in hiding.
    Only Magneto himself was at the forefront of Wanda’s parentage revelation.
    could be retconned to the decision being made in between disassembled and house of m. wanda is in the care of magneto and charles on genosha, be the perfect place for either charles to do something with psychic manipulation with or without magneto knowing. its just hard to say if magneto would consent to using her like this knowing how he has operated in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Killing a person just to prove them are mutants or make them mutants is already fucked-up in itself I would say.
    It was a lose-lose scenario, they could absolve Magneto of the burden if they let the victim somehow volunteer, but that will just be weird.
    Yes I have months having trouble with the very idea of the crucible, hopefully Spurrier will get it out of the way after Onslaught Revelation. Even if she agreed to this, to me is just revictimization both for the decimated mutants and on this case for Wanda, I very much prefer the comic old fashioned way of dealing with issues talking or having some epic adventures or fighs.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Why not? They were able to retcon 30 years of history in a single event out of nowhere. Surely undoing that retcon after 6-7 years would be even easier.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

1asezq.jpg
    Old Man Logan Magneto made a deal with Red Skull to defeat the heros, bad writting is a thing and this is part of it, that Magneto doesnīt make sense with 616 at all and that scene even less. M-Day broke Magneto completely so no, I donīt believe he had any heads up over that issue.

This is what happens when Red Skull offers any kind of deal to 616Magneto and menaces to take advantage of Wanda.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-25-2021 at 10:03 AM.

Incredible Member

Old Man Logan Magneto made a deal with Red Skull to defeat the heros, bad writting is a thing and this is part of it, that Magneto doesnīt make sense with 616 at all and that scene even less. M-Day broke Magneto completely so no, I donīt believe he had any heads up over that issue.

This is what happens when Red Skull offers any kind of deal to 616Magneto and menaces to take advantage of Wanda.

oh i agree the red skull part is stupid. he would never work with him but my point was he would sacrifice his kids for the greater good of mutant kind.
    but you are right he does seem very blindsided so unless he's the worlds best actor he probably isn't in on anything xavier might have done.

oh i agree the red skull part is stupid. he would never work with him but my point was he would sacrifice his kids for the greater good of mutant kind.
    but you are right he does seem very blindsided so unless he's the worlds best actor he probably isn't in on anything xavier might have done.
    By sacrifice, he usually means not trying to have a family relationship with them, as far as he knows they can keep being Avengers because heīs low key proud of them for choosing to become heros and who knows what Xavier or Moira really knew or know, her lives involved different events so while she may have been aware something like HoM could happen, it was not a sure thing but yes not giving a heads up, if she knew, could be taken badly by Magneto.