Page 34 of 101 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

If it's Wanda why would she have a memorial there and the "Something is wrong with the body" what does that even mean to her

The Avengers being there it's was makes more sense to be her but the rest, not at all
    Magneto learning about secrets related to Krakoa either
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 06-25-2021 at 09:05 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Hence, Tommy. Young Avenger, connected to Magneto, would actually be mourned by both sides

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

Looks like we're definitely gonna know who dies in X-Factor.
    They look concerned. If Wanda was the one who was dead, they would be cheering.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    They look concerned. If Wanda was the one who was dead, they would be cheering.
    ...Not really? So far none of the characters in the pic have been shown to be personally anti-Wanda. They wouldn't be sobbing but there's no reason to think they'd celebrate. And to be fair no one but Jean and maybe Scott look really that affected to begin with.

Here’s the thing…. Trial of Magneto is an extension of X-Factor. So it’s probably a character tied to X-Factor. That leaves, in my mind, Speed or Kyle. Speed is also tied to Magneto… so it’s probably him. Maybe Magneto wants to test the resurrection on someone else before he tries it on Wanda.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Here’s the thing…. Trial of Magneto is an extension of X-Factor. So it’s probably a character tied to X-Factor. That leaves, in my mind, Speed or Kyle. Speed is also tied to Magneto… so it’s probably him. Maybe Magneto wants to test the resurrection on someone else before he tries it on Wanda.
    Wanda is also tied to Polaris. And I doubt she won't appear in at least one of the books this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    ...Not really? So far none of the characters in the pic have been shown to be personally anti-Wanda. They wouldn't be sobbing but there's no reason to think they'd celebrate. And to be fair no one but Jean and maybe Scott look really that affected to begin with.
    Yeah, and if it was Tommy, a teenager who never did anything to anyone, I could see them have a bigger reaction.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

Looks like we're definitely gonna know who dies in X-Factor.
    I love how Illyana and Jean-Paul especially seem totally non-plussed in this pic. Which makes me think it's not Tommy down there as Northstar would probably feel a tiny bit of emotion if it were.

It also rules out Kyle...and probably Prodigy as well.

Just for the off chance I'm right, here's how I could see it go down: Following the events of Way of #X #3, Mercury runs into Wanda at the gala and confronts her about Decimation and/or begs her to remove her powers like she did with everyone else, which she can't or won't do. Mercury gets frustrated, which summons Onslaught again, who in turn becomes responsible for Wanda's death. To cover both for Onslaught's existence and the girl's involvement, Magneto takes the blame for the killing. Additionally, I imagine that Onslaught taking on his true form by possessing Mercury's body could easily be mistaken for Magneto.
    Last edited by Starfish; 06-26-2021 at 06:28 AM.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Of course Magneto did it. In the sliding timeline, he only believed himself to be her father for two years.

Mystique pretending to be Erik to set up Wanda's death as payback for the broken Irene deal seems like the classic choice. If it were likely to reveal the no-precogs rule or their shady mishandling of the Nimrod situation, I could see Magneto refusing to prove his innocence via a neutral telepath.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Mystique pretending to be Erik to set up Wanda's death as payback for the broken Irene deal seems like the classic choice. If it were likely to reveal the no-precogs rule or their shady mishandling of the Nimrod situation, I could see Magneto refusing to prove his innocence via a neutral telepath.
    But then why not just have Xavier do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    How the heck do all the Omega mutants get together to terraform Mars at their party, but dealing with Orchis and Nimrod(the main threat to their very existence) was left to Mystique alone? I mean, have Mags/Storm just vaporize the whole space station with a solar flare or whatever and be done with it. Send Iceman to freeze the thing. Any number of ways; it could be handled. If you make the mutants this powerful, you need to get a better plot/antagonists to counter them without such a glaring plot hole/making them look ridiculously incompetent.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    But then why not just have Xavier do it?
    That's a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    How the heck do all the Omega mutants get together to terraform Mars at their party, but dealing with Orchis and Nimrod(the main threat to their very existence) was left to Mystique alone? I mean, have Mags/Storm just vaporize the whole space station with a solar flare or whatever and be done with it. Send Iceman to freeze the thing. Any number of ways; it could be handled. If you make the mutants this powerful, you need to get a better plot/antagonists to counter them without such a glaring plot hole/making them look ridiculously incompetent.
    I wouldn't put it past Charles and Erik to keep Orchis around intentionally as a form of controlled opposition. They might believe mutants require an external threat to keep them united as a nation.