Page 36 of 101 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    My main question with this theory is how the timing of it all works, since the Mercury/Loa events appear to have happened hours after Kurt was passed out with Wanda and Magneto dancing behind him. Unless WoX is playing a bit loose with the timing of things, Wanda would have had to remain behind at the Gala a good, long while after it ended.

I really like the logic behind motive and cover-up though.
    Yeah the timing seems wonky, though I believe Wanda didn't show up until after 3 am, and it looked like there was already sunlight shining in when she was dancing with Magneto, so I guess it's possible she decided to stay until the morning and that Kurt didn't wake up too long after that panel. The main reason the possibility of Mercury being somehow involved came to my mind is because the description for Way of X #4 looks like it's dealing with the killing of a human where the interpretation of Krakoan law becomes questionable, and I'd be surprised if that referred to a separate case.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I donÂīt think Mercury is involved, Magneto and Wanda were dancing while Kurt woke up but then he got to sleep and then woke up again, thatīs when he returned to Krakoa and Mercury was there with Loa, so no, I donīt think she had anything to do.

So far it looks like it will be Wanda or Magneto but realy it doesnīt make sense when they just agreed to get over the decimation issues and the solicits mentioned something about "Vengance will be had" so it must be someone else.

Our clues are:

Vengance will be had. So itīs revenge one of the motives.
    Magneto discovers that Krakoa is a paradise than still can hold secrets. Itīs something related to Krakoa and itīs secrets that motivates Magneto to act. On Sword Magneto said something about doing whatīs neccesary to make things better, this could mean he wants to do something about the Pretender issue but thatīs not a secret. So he must have discovered something else.
    The Avengers go to Krakoa for a memorial but they find a fight. Why would the Avengers go to Krakoa if Magneto killed Wanda? would not make more sense for them to attack Krakoa in retailation?
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-26-2021 at 02:15 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Here’s the thing…. Trial of Magneto is an extension of X-Factor. So it’s probably a character tied to X-Factor. That leaves, in my mind, Speed or Kyle. Speed is also tied to Magneto… so it’s probably him. Maybe Magneto wants to test the resurrection on someone else before he tries it on Wanda.
    Yeah, my one problem with the Wanda theory is why they would do her murder in a continuation of X-Factor, when it's Al Ewing who has so far been dropping the hints about Wanda and Magneto's relationship.

But then, assuming "something's wrong with the body" means they're not quite dead, they could continue with whatever Ewing (or whoever) is setting up.

I admit it's easier to believe Wanda will be the one dead if you believe, as many of her fans do (I pretty much believe it at this point), that Marvel editorial hates her. It seems implausible that she would have a speaking role in a comic for the first time in like a year, only to be killed off immediately after. But it seemed implausible that she would be banished from comics at the time when she was becoming world-famous, and that's what happened.

I donīt think it will be Wanda either, so far that image from X-factor shows the X-men using their Gala outfits in what looks like the morning after the Gala was done.

Magneto and Wanda are shown dancing very early in the morning when Kurt woke up and she went to Krakoa around four o'clock so she must have stayed some time talking with Magneto until very early in the morning. Kurt then is seen woking up later but doesnīt seem to see someone killed or anything out of the ordinary except that he has a big headache for all the alcohol he took last night and he doensīt see Wanda or Magneto around either.

The solicits said something about Magneto discovering a secret on Krakoa but when could he have been able to discover that secret and kill someone over it if he stayed with Wanda until early in the morning? Unless it was after Wanda left and before or after Kurt woke up, as far as we know, there were not a lot of people around for Magneto to talk to, the only one I can think of that would be interested in doing something to piss off Magneto to create a crisis on Krakoa would be Mystique but sheīs going to be around for the INFERNO crossover so I believe Wanda is a red herring and we will discover the real victim on X-factor.

Edit: I guess we will have to add Onslaught to the list of suspects given heīs making the mutants on Krakoa react violently and seems to be possesing some of them, includding charles and Way of X shows Wanda and Magneto dancing so maybe it will be connected to Trial of Magneto.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-26-2021 at 02:31 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I donÂīt think Mercury is involved, Magneto and Wanda were dancing while Kurt woke up but then he got to sleep again and thatÂīs when he returned to Krakoa and Mercury is there with Loa, so no, I donÂīt think she had anything to do.

So far it looks like it will be Wanda or Magneto but realy it doesnÂīt make sense when they just agreed to get over the decimation issues and the solicits mentioned something about "Vengance will be had" so it must be someone else.
    To be fair, I'd be extremely surprised myself if she were. I'm not even entirely convinced the victim will be Wanda.

Agreed, me neither, I think sheīs a red herring because I donīt see any way in which sheīs killed during a Krakoa event by Magneto and the Avengers react by just going to her memorial held there. It just doesnīt make sense.

Also I found something interesting in one of the covers, like someone is targeting Magnetoīs children and grandchildren for some reason. I know itīs just a cover but sometimes marvel leaves clues on them.

Agreed, me neither, I think sheīs a red herring because I donīt see any way in which sheīs killed during a Krakoa event by Magneto and the Avengers react by just going to her memorial held there. It just doesnīt make sense.

Also I found something interesting in one of the covers, like someone is targeting Magnetoīs children and grandchildren for some reason. I know itīs just a cover but sometimes marvel leaves clues on them.
    Just spitballing but what if Wanda [accidentally] kills someone and Magneto defends her? Not likely I know but it keeps coming to mind as a reason why the Avengers would attend a funeral on Krakoa. To pay respects for something a teammate did. *massive shrug*
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    To be fair, I'd be extremely surprised myself if she were. I'm not even entirely convinced the victim will be Wanda.
    I am not convinced of anything said about the book so far actually happening (as teased) but Wanda just walked into the story at the perfect time and that does not appear to be a coincidence. It was also said by a writer that a big fall story would focus on her, and I doubt that meant Inferno.

Whoever it is will probably be 'dead' for less time than the person Taskmaster 'killed', but longer than anyone else in an X-book lately.

I agree Wandaīs presence seems way too convenient but I also canīt see Kurt waking up with a dead person in the same room he was sleeping in and go on his day as usual.

Also I donīt see why, whoever Magneto kills, would be just left like this for other people to find:

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-26-2021 at 04:03 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I am not convinced of anything said about the book so far actually happening (as teased) but Wanda just walked into the story at the perfect time and that does not appear to be a coincidence. It was also said by a writer that a big fall story would focus on her, and I doubt that meant Inferno.

Whoever it is will probably be 'dead' for less time than the person Taskmaster 'killed', but longer than anyone else in an X-book lately.
    that fall story is darkhold if im not mistaken

I also canīt see Kurt waking up with a dead person in the same room he was sleeping in and go on his day as usual.
    That was one hell of a hangover.

I agree Wandaīs presence seems way too convenient but I also canīt see Kurt waking up with a dead person in the same room he was sleeping in and go on his day as usual.

Also I donīt see why, whoever Magneto kills, would be just left like this for other people to find:

It looks like they may have tried to hide the body probably cause it looks in my opinion to be a very closed space.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    that fall story is darkhold if im not mistaken
    I do not know enough about Darkhold, my impression is the writer was referring to the use of Pretender and Wanda as jargon in the X-books and the story being something big for the X books. Then again he also made it sound like something impacting all of the books and I don't see any hint of other titles tied in to the Trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    That was one hell of a hangover.
    Lol It was indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    It looks like they may have tried to hide the body probably cause it looks in my opinion to be a very closed space.
    It looks like Krakoa or the building where they had the gala to me but given the trees itīs not a very closed space.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-26-2021 at 04:34 PM.

Spectacular Member

I agree Wanda could be a red herring, but I am having difficulty thinking it could be anyone else. I think everyone else on these forums has really compelling reasons for why they don't think it is Wanda, and I do think there is enough to suggest it isn't Wanda. But with no other compelling option to replace her, Wanda still feels like the best and most interesting choice. Sometimes the obvious choice is the only choice.

On that note, in the Deadpool, there's a push that it could be Speed since he's had a recurring role in X-Factor, and he matches the same criteria as Wanda (they both have connections to X-Men and Avengers, and they can't be easily resurrected by the Five). Not only that, Wanda will still be a huge part of the mini-series since Speed is like the reincarnation of her son's spirit or something (that whole thing confuses me).

There is still bias to having Speed be the victim because I think most of us want the focus of the mini to be about the old Magneto family before the stupid retcon, and tangentially be about undoing that retcon. Or at least that's my reasoning.

Besides the Maximoffs though, I have no other compelling choice to be the victim. Gabby's death in New Mutants is compelling because we don't know if a clone like herself can be resurrected, yet that doesn't have anything to do with Magneto's trial (unless it is somehow?). It has to be someone with direct ties to Magneto so that he can look guilty enough to be the murder.