Page 52 of 101 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Lucas Werneck's art looks terrific. I was sorry for the loss of Valerio Schiti from this project but Werneck looks like an excellent replacement.

Lorna looking distraught makes sense considering she thought she was the Witch's sister at one point - which makes Scott's joke in X-Men #1 a bit out of place.

Werneck really is amazing. I've grown to really love his art. I would say he and Dauterman are my favorites at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Lucas Werneck's art looks terrific. I was sorry for the loss of Valerio Schiti from this project but Werneck looks like an excellent replacement.

Lorna looking distraught makes sense considering she thought she was the Witch's sister at one point - which makes Scott's joke in X-Men #1 a bit out of place.
    It doesn't really. They've had what, like two interactions in their entire life? In the meantime, Wanda's current bf who she lives with is not there, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    It's not trolling & it's not meant to inspire cause I don't care, that's just my perception of Comic/Cartoon Jean is what it is. I like her in the movies though.
    you talk about comic jean and then proceed to mention a 90's cartoon and a single instance of bad writing in 60+ years of publication...... such mastery of the character's history is truly peerless.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    you talk about comic jean and then proceed to mention a 90's cartoon and a single instance of bad writing in 60+ years of publication...... such mastery of the character's history is truly peerless.
    lol. Now I feel bad about the Wanda dig, considering your avatar. Don't you just hate when people bring up that bastardization that is the cartoon? It's such a reach.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It doesn't really. They've had what, like two interactions in their entire life? In the meantime, Wanda's current bf who she lives with is not there, lol.
    It meant a lot to Lorna to think she had a sister I guess, like Magneto. She obviously has very complicated feelings about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

This looks like the moment before Maury reveals the DNA results.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    lol. Now I feel bad about the Wanda dig, considering your avatar. Don't you just hate when people bring up that bastardization that is the cartoon? It's such a reach.
    as a Wanda and Jean fan I don't appreciate when these 2 characters get to be judged on isolated cases of outdated and misogynistic writing, they both suffered a lot because of it.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

The only other thing I got to go off of is All New X-Men Jean & all I remember about her was she was annoying as hell with a horrible haircut , who repeatedly violated Warren's mind, outed Bobby, & played ring around the rosey with Hank & Scott's feelings, again not my cup of tea this is all just my perception of her it's all I care to know I'm not interested in her like that. *shrugs* again this is all beside the point.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This looks like the moment before Maury reveals the DNA results.
    Wanda's had too many of these moments.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

as a Wanda and Jean fan I don't appreciate when these 2 characters get to be judged on isolated cases of outdated and misogynistic writing, they both suffered a lot because of it.
    This is a very good point. Also, they seem like they would make great friends.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

We need to make the First Class comics where they team up to fight Mole Man as the Marvel Witch canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The only other thing I got to go off of is All New X-Men Jean & all I remember about her was she was annoying as hell with a horrible haircut , who repeatedly violated Warren's mind, outed Bobby, & played ring around the rosey with Hank & Scott's feelings, again not my cup of tea this is all just my perception of her it's all I care to know I'm not interested in her like that. *shrugs* again this is all beside the point.
    Well, you don't have to "want to." However, bringing up cartoons and alternate reality versions of her to make a case against her is dubious, at best. Plus, you can't deny nor minimize that she is the first female member of the X-Men, is iconic and legendary, and, quite frankly, has had generous swathes of her story and history cut out and reused for the development of other characters, including Scarlet Witch.
    Last edited by Mercury; 07-15-2021 at 10:36 AM.

Well, you don't have to "want to." However, bringing up cartoons and alternate reality versions of her to make a case against her is dubious, at best. Plus, you can't deny nor minimize that she is the first female member of the X-Men, is iconic and legendary, and, quite frankly, has had generous swathes of her storyand history cut out and reused for the development of other characters, including Scarlet Witch.
    All New Jean is Canon Jean is it not? Cause time travel. And as for the other stuff that's just how I've come to know the character & my perception of her can't control that. As for the other stuff with her history I got no knowledge on all that so I can't speak on that. Though I will say I think she should have ownership of the space chicken.
    Last edited by Journey; 07-15-2021 at 10:44 AM.

you should read x-men: first class