Page 55 of 101 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Can you imagine having to pee in that outfit? I'd die too.
    hmm I always thought the material looked thin enough to be osmotic :P

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Not Bias just my current opinion could be swayed under the right writer. I already said I like Movie Jean.
    Great. You like the worst versions of Jean. You’ve simply bathed me in relief.

😂

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Great. You like the worst versions of Jean. You’ve simply bathed me in relief.

��
    I thought she was kinda dope *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I thought she was kinda dope *shrugs*
    Admittedly, all versions of her have some level of appeal, but the movies and cartoon veer the furthest away from who Jean Grey really is.

IMO: Jean and Wanda can both be bad bitches when written correctly or can both be written with little agency over their powers and stories. No need to pit the two against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Admittedly, all versions of her have some level of appeal.
    I'd have to contest that statement honestly, the Sophie Turner version was as bland as stale bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I'd have to contest that statement honestly, the Sophie Turner version was as bland as stale bread.
    Well, I thought her scene in Apocalypse was pretty hype, and DP for all the issues (aka being a terrible movie overall), did have her and her powers looking really cool. And a positive ending for her as Phoenix. Not really thanks to Sophie, but if you think about the character as a whole rather than just the acting.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    IMO: Jean and Wanda can both be bad bitches when written correctly or can both be written with little agency over their powers and stories. No need to pit the two against each other.
    Agreed they have differences in characterization but the writers of HoM and Darker than Scarlet took the example of Dark Phoenix to write Wanda that way so lest not blame the characters for something thatīs outside their control.

Edit: I liked Sophie turner as Jean and Dark Phoenix actually and the movie was better than most people say even if it had problems, it tried to do too many things at once without giving either one proper closure, it wanted to involve Skrull like aliens when it would have made more sense for the Shi ar to be involved in the story and closer to the comics, there was no Hellfire Club which was instrumental to Jeanīs change into Dark Phoenix and while Jean sacrificed herself in a really heartfel, for me at least, moment with all of them uniting as one team/family, it happened too quickly to really appreciate the moment.

I loved the story about her Dad fearing her after the car accident and her feeling betrayed by Charles even if he did what he thought was best at the moment, a comon comic flaw for him. I also liked her asking Magneto for refuge and even their fight was kind of interesting because I could see Dark Phoenix wanting to prove herself with him but I really hated him changing his mind so quickly just so we could have another forced confrontation between him and the X-men, Stop making Magneto the villain or semi villain in all your movies Fox, itīs boring.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-15-2021 at 12:23 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Actually, I liked aspects of her interpretation quite a bit and somewhat prefer her to Famke Janssen, who I never warmed to as Jean.

X-Men Evolution is the best take of both of them either way.

Can we talk about how great Wernek's art is here? I'm mean my God does Marvel have a lot of talent right now. I kind of hope the killer isn't Mystique or Magneto, they're both too obvious.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes the art is good

Mystique and Magneto seem to be the main suspects but the trailer hinted at Mr Sinister and Exodus too but I believe Onslaught makes the most sense as a villain that could confront the Avengers and the X-men again and also being interested in attacking Wanda.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Can we talk about how great Wernek's art is here? I'm mean my God does Marvel have a lot of talent right now. I kind of hope the killer isn't Mystique or Magneto, they're both too obvious.
    Raven just seems to have bigger fish to fry. The only way it could be her is if she's setting up this as a distraction for something else. Which I guess can still happen, but I think her storyline is something different altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes the art is good

Mystique and Magneto seem to be the main suspects but the trailer hinted and Mr Sinister and Exodus too but I believe Onslaught makes the most sense as a villain that could confront the Avengers and the X-men again and also being interested in attacking Wanda.
    Exodus really screwed himself over with his Pretender story time. He better hoped none of those kids was livestreaming those sessions. Though I don't buy him as the culprit either.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Exodus really screwed himself over with his Pretender story time. He better hoped none of those kids was livestreaming those sessions. Though I don't buy him as the culprit either.
    Between Rachel doing her chrono-skimming and trackers like Logan, Daken, and Laura, I have trouble figuring out who is good enough to completely conceal their involvement.