Page 56 of 101 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes Exodus would make a big show out of him attacking Wanda but he would see the Gala as neutral territory and of course he knows very well how Magneto would react to that.

I believe that part with Magneto arguing with the Quiet Council is about him asking them to bring Wanda back to life and them rejecting that proposal and Sinister most likely saying something mocking which makes Magneto angry at him.

Onslaught as a villain for the Avengers and X-men to fight makes the most sense for me and right now heīs able to posses anyone in Krakoa.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Between Rachel doing her chrono-skimming and trackers like Logan, Daken, and Laura, I have trouble figuring out who is good enough to completely conceal their involvement.
    A psychic entity like Onslaught as people are speculating

Between Rachel doing her chrono-skimming and trackers like Logan, Daken, and Laura, I have trouble figuring out who is good enough to completely conceal their involvement.
    It will be interesting to see how they bypass all the things they have shown on panel that X-Factor and X-Force can do. Which is why to me the culprit could only be someone with detailed info on what to expect during an investigation. The only way I could see it working is if the cause of death is supernatural in nature, hence why mutant powers wouldn't work on their own.

Maybe it was a magical mutant

Even though Exodus is kind of obvious he is the Council member with the least amount to do right now, definitely has the motive, and he also tried to stealth kill off Doug before X of Swords so this lines up with his previous tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Can we talk about how great Wernek's art is here? I'm mean my God does Marvel have a lot of talent right now. I kind of hope the killer isn't Mystique or Magneto, they're both too obvious.
    Yeah this is really top tier. His Rachel especially is really gorgeous imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, I thought her scene in Apocalypse was pretty hype, and DP for all the issues (aka being a terrible movie overall), did have her and her powers looking really cool. And a positive ending for her as Phoenix. Not really thanks to Sophie, but if you think about the character as a whole rather than just the acting.
    I liked the aesthetics of her powers in this film, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed they have differences in characterization but the writers of HoM and Darker than Scarlet took the example of Dark Phoenix to write Wanda that way so lest not blame the characters for something thatÂīs outside their control.

Edit: I liked Sophie turner as Jean and Dark Phoenix actually and the movie was better than most people say even if it had problems, it tried to do too many things at once without giving either one proper closure, it wanted to involve Skrull like aliens when it would have made more sense for the Shi ar to be involved in the story and closer to the comics, there was no Hellfire Club which was instrumental to JeanÂīs change into Dark Phoenix and while Jean sacrificed herself in a really heartfel, for me at least, moment with all of them uniting as one team/family, it happened too quickly to really appreciate the moment.

I loved the story about her Dad fearing her after the car accident and her feeling betrayed by Charles even if he did what he thought was best at the moment, a comon comic flaw for him. I also liked her asking Magneto for refuge and even their fight was kind of interesting because I could see Dark Phoenix wanting to prove herself with him but I really hated him changing his mind so quickly just so we could have another forced confrontation between him and the X-men, Stop making Magneto the villain or semi villain in all your movies Fox, itÂīs boring.
    As someone else pointed out upthread, Jean and Wanda are both great and fascinating characters. If anything, we should be pushing for them to have more of a relationship in the comics. Jean can certainly relate to Wanda and is probably one of the only mutants who would be able to express unconditional empathy towards her.

Also, I agree, I think Dark Phoenix was a better film than people give it credit for, too, though it still failed at adapting the DPS. I know, from a fan of the film I interact with on Twitter and from watching the video below, that the DPS was intended to be adapted into two films - they were going to introduce the Hellfire Club in the second film - but Fox canceled the second film at the last minute and made the creators rework the first film. Nonetheless, based on what I've seen of the original concept, I still don't think it would have been a successful adaptation.

I actually did not like the drastic change in Jean's origin, making her inability to control her powers responsible for her mother's death and her father's subsequent abandonment of her. I think it plays into the trope of women being unable to handle great power without becoming unstable. Additionally, the fact that her parents and family were so supportive of her is an aspect of her story I don't appreciate having inverted. Still, I did like a lot of individual moments from Dark Phoenix, which made its overall failure as an adaptation all the more annoying.

In my opinion, the only way to successfully adapt the DPS is to treat it the way Marvel Studios treated the Infinity War, i.e., slowly build up to it and adapt it into multiple films. DPS is both a personal and cosmic story; utterly human and distinctly alien, too. Removing or altering any of its components instantly subjects it to the likelihood of falling apart. As I've shared in the Jean thread, the abuses perpetrated on Jean by both Mastermind and Emma Frost are pivotal to her conversion into the Dark Phoenix. IMO, both Jean's essence, which was bonded to the Phoenix Force's cloned body, and the Phoenix Force itself reacted to the abuse in a violent way. Jean's psyche felt violated and traumatized and essentially broke down, while the Phoenix Force's instinct to "burn the obsolete" was awoken and emerged in full force. The two combined were devastating. As a result, the Hellfire Club's machinations and perpetrations against Jean and the Phoenix Force are more than integral to the story.
    Last edited by Mercury; 07-15-2021 at 01:05 PM.

What was originally intended for the two-film Dark Phoenix Saga adaptation:

Enough Jean talk. Stay on topic please.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    A psychic entity like Onslaught as people are speculating
    I suppose that makes the most sense, especially since you get the added drama of who to blame for the crime. Xavier? A proxy Onslaught "convinced" to do it, like Mercury, as Starfish has theorized? No one? Or just defeating Onslaught, however that might come about.

Knowing how to cheat Rachel's abilities seems like a key piece of evidence to start because I can't imagine everyone on Krakoa knows every facet of her powers.
    Last edited by Paragon; 07-15-2021 at 01:23 PM.

I suppose that makes the most sense, especially since you get the added drama of who to blame for the crime. Xavier? A proxy Onslaught "convinced" to do it, like Mercury, as Starfish has theorized? No one? Or just defeating Onslaught, however that might come about.

Knowing how to cheat Rachel's abilities seems like a key piece of evidence to start because I can't imagine everyone on Krakoa knows every facet of her powers.
    Up until recently, neither did Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    IMO: Jean and Wanda can both be bad bitches when written correctly or can both be written with little agency over their powers and stories. No need to pit the two against each other.
    Agreed on this for sure.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

This leads us back to Onslaught or Charles and Emma but they are less likely given the fact Magneto officially invited Wanda and they would be aware she probably would be there for the party.

A mercury possesed by Onslaught or a magical mutant could be responsible as well like xhx23x said.

The only problem I see with this theory is that Onslaught will have his own story with Onslaught Revelations by Si Spurrier unless this will corssover with Trial of Magneto and that was why Magneto dancing with Wanda was also shown in Way of X.

I will give my answer on the Jean thread Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    It makes sense to me. Both characters are often bashed by other comic fans and both are often subjected to poor writing. So it makes sense a fan would be defensive.
    Agreed
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-15-2021 at 01:40 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    True, all stans are probably really overly enthusiastic. The thing I see with Wanda and Jean fans is that it gets VERY personal. They're fictional characters at the whim of writers so when others make fun of certain depictions, IMO it's understood that it was the bad writing that was the problem and not the character. But the stans still go nuclear at the drop of a hat.
    It makes sense to me. Both characters are often bashed by other comic fans and both are often subjected to poor writing. So it makes sense a fan would be defensive.

Edit: Sorry, was reading through what I missed.
    Last edited by WinterCoyote; 07-15-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It'd make better sense than having the Wanda that is meek, can't fight, doesn't know what magic artifacts do and hugs her abuser.
    Get out of here with your well constructed fantasy world building in this sci-fi franchise you

Magneto is still her abuser now? I guess for a long distance given she only was on the brotherhood for 9 issues before leving and becoming an avenger and later on they both tried to be a family, by her own initiative not less, and took care of her after she was put into a coma by Dr Strange, which was a good thing because Iron Man certainly didnīt felt like taking care of her after her attack on the Avengers and it wasnīt like he didnīt have Genosha and itīs survivors to worry about so he had a perfect excuse to not care about her fate and left her with her friends instead but well.

I donīt think Trial of Magneto will do well with his characterization so in the end he may as well become a villain again but I guess this will depend on what Inferno is about.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-15-2021 at 01:58 PM.