Page 57 of 101 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Magneto is still her abuser now? I guess for a long distance given she only was on the brotherhood for 9 issues and later on they both tried to be a family, by her own initiative not less, and took care of her after she was put into a coma by Dr Strange, which was a good thing because Iron Man certainly didnīt felt like taking care of her after her attack on the Avengers and it wasnīt like he didnīt have Genosha and itīs survivors to worry about so he had a perfect excuse to not care about her fate and left her with her friends instead but well.

I donīt think Trial of Magneto will do well with his characterization so in the end he may as well become a villain again but I guess this will depend on what Inferno is about.
    I personally feel since Wanda forgave him & wanted him in her life in her last appearance SWORD the abuser narrative should go if she forgave him who are we to be mad ya know.

This leads us back to Onslaught or Charles and Emma but they are less likely given the fact Magneto officially invited Wanda and they would be aware she probably would be there for the party.

A mercury possesed by Onslaught or a magical mutant could be responsible as well like xhx23x said.

The only problem I see with this theory is that Onslaught will have his own story with Onslaught Revelations by Si Spurrier unless this will corssover with Trial of Magneto and that was why Magneto dancing with Wanda was also shown in Way of X.
    This is probably my main issue with the Onslaught theory. Obviously there can be crossover villains, but how much is too much for one villain to be involved in?

Clearly Rachel is the culprit. She knows how to avoid her powers and can strike from afar. The perfect crime.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I personally feel since Wanda forgave him & wanted him in her life in her last appearance SWORD the abuser narrative should go if she forgave him who are we to be mad ya know.
    Agreed this was my take too but really Chindrenīs Crusade also led to this conclusion and now with ToM that moment between them, while very nice, itīs under suspicion because she was found dead hours after.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    This is probably my main issue with the Onslaught theory. Obviously there can be crossover villains, but how much is too much for one villain to be involved in?

Clearly Rachel is the culprit. She knows how to avoid her powers and can strike from afar. The perfect crime.
    Yes Onslaught canīt be everyoneīs boogeyman even if he makes a nice one but I also donīt think they will make a new villain out of the blue with so many options around.

Well now that you put it like that, Rachel is part of the investigation team, a perfect place to mess with the investigation
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-15-2021 at 02:05 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Agreed this was my take too but really Chindrenīs Crusade also led to this conclusion and now with ToM that moment between them, while very nice, itīs under suspicion because she was found dead hours after.
    True but it was Raven All Along we already know. But yeah it's sus.

Raven certainly looked very proud with herself on that QC shot so she could be the one, sheīs also one of my suspects but I donīt think she would be able to scare Wanda without help from someone very powerful, who could also cheat Rachelīs and X-factor detection powers so even if itīs her, she would not be alone.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Arranging to make it appear that the X-men invited the biggest superheroes to a gala where she arranged to have the Scarlet Witch murdered would be the fitting to ignite hate for mutants especially among the Avengers

Magneto is still her abuser now? I guess for a long distance given she only was on the brotherhood for 9 issues before leving and becoming an avenger and later on they both tried to be a family, by her own initiative not less, and took care of her after she was put into a coma by Dr Strange, which was a good thing because Iron Man certainly didnīt felt like taking care of her after her attack on the Avengers and it wasnīt like he didnīt have Genosha and itīs survivors to worry about so he had a perfect excuse to not care about her fate and left her with her friends instead but well.

I donīt think Trial of Magneto will do well with his characterization so in the end he may as well become a villain again but I guess this will depend on what Inferno is about.
    I really don't want to see the whole "Magneto is a twirling mustache villain again" story. It's been done to death at this point. I like him where he's at currently, certainly not a hero but also not actively being bad. His unending arrogance and displays of power have grown on me.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Oh God let it be Rachel and make the motive be cause she was bored. She even mentioned missing the old MOJO programming. Maybe this was her pilot pitch for a new show.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Arranging to make it appear that the X-men invited the biggest superheroes to a gala where she arranged to have the Scarlet Witch murdered would be the fitting to ignite hate for mutants especially among the Avengers
    Ew she's so ugly & bald

This leads us back to Onslaught or Charles and Emma but they are less likely given the fact Magneto officially invited Wanda and they would be aware she probably would be there for the party.

A mercury possesed by Onslaught or a magical mutant could be responsible as well like xhx23x said.

The only problem I see with this theory is that Onslaught will have his own story with Onslaught Revelations by Si Spurrier unless this will corssover with Trial of Magneto and that was why Magneto dancing with Wanda was also shown in Way of X.
    Looking at the release schedule, I could see both events tie into each other, with Onslaught Revelation being released after the Trial issue #2, just in time to establish Onslaught as the big bad. It just seems like an odd timing choice for both events to be unrelated, as one involves members of the QC being suspect in a murder case, while the other deals with Krakoa's leadership being compromised by Onslaught.

Magneto is still her abuser now? I guess for a long distance given she only was on the brotherhood for 9 issues before leving and becoming an avenger and later on they both tried to be a family, by her own initiative not less, and took care of her after she was put into a coma by Dr Strange, which was a good thing because Iron Man certainly didnīt felt like taking care of her after her attack on the Avengers and it wasnīt like he didnīt have Genosha and itīs survivors to worry about so he had a perfect excuse to not care about her fate and left her with her friends instead but well.

Well the past year has sort of taken Lorna and Magneto back to the 60s though more in your face and the two don't seem to have anything they are actually doing together.

Last edited by jmc247; 07-15-2021 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I really don't want to see the whole "Magneto is a twirling mustache villain again" story. It's been done to death at this point. I like him where he's at currently, certainly not a hero but also not actively being bad. His unending arrogance and displays of power have grown on me.
    Me too, I believe heīs in a nice balance right now, because practically all he wanted for mutants has become a reality so I can see the appeal to put that in crisis for a story in which heīs made to decide between Wanda and mutants as a way to give closure to the HoM/decimation story but if this leads to him becoming a generic villain I would prefer if they just killed him off, honestly. But well, maybe things could not be as simple as they seem because heīs supposed to also be on Inferno and I could bet Hickman still has a story for him so I guess we will see.

Lol yes he can be quite pompus but when he meants well and tries his best he can be a truly interesting force for good for mutants and humans alike and it would just be shame to just send him back to point A in his character evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Looking at the release schedule, I could see both events tie into each other, with Onslaught Revelation being released after the Trial issue #2, just in time to establish Onslaught as the big bad. It just seems like an odd timing choice for both events to be unrelated, as one involves members of the QC being suspect in a murder case, while the other deals with Krakoa's leadership being compromised by Onslaught.
    Agreed thereīs also the fact Si Spurrier included a scene of Magneto and Wanda during the Gala issue so both stories may intersect at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Well the past year has sort of taken Lorna and Magneto though more in your face and the two don't seem to have anything they are actually doing together.
    Itīs a little early to tell for sure, I would say they are more like two characters in the 60īs for some writers and then two characters from their current storylines with other writers, the question is which characters may show up for Trial of Magneto? From what Leah has shown neither, more like her idea of their relationship an overbearing father with a meek daughter but this doesnīt make sense with their recent story or even the original 60īs story because that Magneto was revealed to be a robot and Lorna wasnīt his daughter.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-15-2021 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I would love if this is the case an interesting way to re-introduce Nova in the current era and an opportunity for her to finally get her just desserts for destroying Genosha.

He turned around and murdered her brother after taking care of her. Trusting him many times has lead to the other shoe falling. They don't have the best of relationships. He definitely wasn't the best team leader nor father.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Abuser implies they have been living together for a period of time which has not been the case in most of their comic book story where each one of them has been doing their own thing and he attacked Pietro after finding out he and Wanda had destroyed reality as it was known for a fantasy world, this doesnīt justify at all him attaking Pietro, even if we know most characters woken up by Layla miller were unreasonably angry the first few minutes before going back to their normal selfs, Spider-man also wanted to kill off Wanda for what she did before changing his mind. Context matters in his case just like it matters with Wanda response by decimating the mutants just to give him a lesson by attacking something she felt he cared more for than them.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-15-2021 at 03:16 PM.