Page 83 of 101 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1511

Strangulation doesn’t cause immediately death and Wanda with her experience and her vast powers wouldn’t have resisted? It’s risible.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

If it was Cortez, odds are he either pilfered some Mysterium before his dismissal, which screwed with Wanda’s magic, and/or did his dial-up/down on her mutant powers which would mess with her head

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    If it was Cortez, odds are he either pilfered some Mysterium before his dismissal, which screwed with Wanda’s magic, and/or did his dial-up/down on her mutant powers which would mess with her head
    Totally agree with this ^
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    The “mommy” bit was so over the top, I cringed on Tommy’s behalf when reading it. But I like the reasoning behind it being a clue to him being possessed. Possibly giving Marvel more credit than they deserve, but it’s a sound theory. Perhaps Onslaught could hide his presence in Tommy’s mind from telepaths who aren’t Legion.

With no evidence of his involvement besides one variant cover, it’s hard to say what the odds are for Pietro being the murderer is. As he also wouldn’t willingly hurt Wanda, has super speed to counteract his sister’s powers, and is very vulnerable to mind control, he’s a good candidate to be possessed by Onslaught. The only other reasons I can think of for his lack of appearances is

1) Pietro has also fallen victim to the killer, and will be revealed at the end of the first or second issues
    2) Pietro is on the trail of the real killer and it’s being saved for later issues
    3) Marvel honestly believes he is as deeply unpopular with audiences as he is with writers, and thus didn’t rate inclusion in promotional material

Billy inherited his mother’s ability to instantly garner a room’s attention, that’s for sure.
    Is a natural reaction to a teenager seeing her mother death.

The “mommy” bit was so over the top, I cringed on Tommy’s behalf when reading it. But I like the reasoning behind it being a clue to him being possessed. Possibly giving Marvel more credit than they deserve, but it’s a sound theory. Perhaps Onslaught could hide his presence in Tommy’s mind from telepaths who aren’t Legion.

With no evidence of his involvement besides one variant cover, it’s hard to say what the odds are for Pietro being the murderer is. As he also wouldn’t willingly hurt Wanda, has super speed to counteract his sister’s powers, and is very vulnerable to mind control, he’s a good candidate to be possessed by Onslaught. The only other reasons I can think of for his lack of appearances is

1) Pietro has also fallen victim to the killer, and will be revealed at the end of the first or second issues
    2) Pietro is on the trail of the real killer and it’s being saved for later issues
    3) Marvel honestly believes he is as deeply unpopular with audiences as he is with writers, and thus didn’t rate inclusion in promotional material

Billy inherited his mother’s ability to instantly garner a room’s attention, that’s for sure.
    I found it to be heart aching.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You answered your own question in the following sentence.

Well, it's not like standing in one place would help and if you're terrified for your life, rationality isn't a high priority.
    I'd think having a superspeeder for a brother she'd know a little of what to do when facing off against him or someone else with superspeed
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Very interesting.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I just feel SWORD/Brand is really tryna win points with Billy for when the Wanda bomb drops I can't wait to hear this conversation, it'll probably lead into Trial issues. Also fun fact Krakoa like sent multiple mutant squads to back them up in the other panels if the preview so they really kissing ass.
    Last edited by Journey; 08-05-2021 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I just feel SWORD/Brand is really tryna win points with Billy for when the Wanda bomb drops I can't wait to hear this conversation, it'll probably lead into Trial issues. Also fun fact Krakoa like sent multiple mutant squads to back them up in the other panels if the preview so they really kissing ass.
    Avalanche! Ok yeah this is going to be super interesting with Krakoans directly on the scene too.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Is a natural reaction to a teenager seeing her mother death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I found it to be heart aching.
    I found it to be less pathos and tragic, and more bathos which quickly turned into cringing on Tommy’s behalf. The fact that he and Wanda hardly spent time with each other since Children’s Crusade just made it hollow, unearned joke. They both deserved better than this.

But to each their own, art is the eye of the beholder, etc.

I found it to be less pathos and tragic, and more bathos which quickly turned into cringing on Tommy’s behalf. The fact that he and Wanda hardly spent time with each other since Children’s Crusade just made it hollow, unearned joke. They both deserved better than this.

But to each their own, art is the eye of the beholder, etc.
    I really hope to see an intense dialogue between Billy and Tommy vs Magneto. I know it’s drama, but I wonder if any familial feelings remain even if the time they spent together was short.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I really hope to see an intense dialogue between Billy and Tommy vs Magneto. I know it’s drama, but I wonder if any familial feelings remain even if the time they spent together was short.
    They had a rapport on Children´s Crusade, especially from Tommy but I don´t think it will be enough if they believe Magneto invited their mother to the party only to get her killed, I can see an intense discussion but I don´t see a lot of famlial feelings remaining in this scenario.

Now if Magneto decides to do an investigation himself and on the way gets in contact with them and they have some doubts as well about what happened I could see them working together again as they did on Children´s Crusade.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Could the Trial of Magneto and Inferno be linked, Mystique is the obvious suspect in both titles.
    Looking at the release schedule it is a huge possibly as both mini series' finish within a week of each other, Inferno# 4 the last released a week after Trial of Magneto #5.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Could the Trial of Magneto and Inferno be linked, Mystique is the obvious suspect in both titles.
    Looking at the release schedule it is a huge possibly as both mini series' finish within a week of each other, Inferno# 4 the last released a week after Trial of Magneto #5.
    They could be, yes. Would Mystique have killed Wanda herself? I think she would set someone up so it, so no one would be on to her schemes of burning the island down.

BANNED

I don’t think there will be any familial feelings from those boys until Wanda is resurrected and tells them Magneto really is her biological/real father.