Page 84 of 101 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1511

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    They could be, yes. Would Mystique have killed Wanda herself? I think she would set someone up so it, so no one would be on to her schemes of burning the island down.
    I personally think Fabian Cortez killed Wanda, it would not be hard to aggravate Fabian, so I feel Mystique has seen Wanda with Magneto taken Wandas form aggravated Fabian and Fabian has then waited to kill Wanda. Well played Mystique.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

I think Exodus mind-controlled Nightcrawler into killing Wanda, and Nightcrawler was too drunk to remember doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I think Exodus mind-controlled Nightcrawler into killing Wanda, and Nightcrawler was too drunk to remember doing it.
    I honestly think that Kurt was present, but not that he committed the crime itself. Which I guess, from a narrative point of view, would make Raven the best suspect.

Man, though, too bad Nocturne is not around in the books at the moment, cause it would make for some good drama if Kurt was involved at all.

Astonishing Member

The alternative, of course, is that Magneto did kill Wanda*, and his going rogue is either a case of stunning hypocrisy, or something has gone very, very wrong in the investigation to override his earlier stated willingness to take his time in the Pit.

As for the QC’s apparent cover up of the death and eagerness to toss Eric in the Pit; Krakoa has too many backers in the Galactic council for Teddy to go to war, the X-Books have spent too long dragging the Avengers and the superheroes as weakling has-beens for them to suddenly be a fatal threat, so it’s not really credible to spook them so much

*assuming the Gala invite relates to the emails Erik was sending Wanda in Strange Academy, probably to forestall whatever war crime Beast had planned in his own invites

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Sinister, Exodus and Mystique could have worked together or at least they are the ones who look the most suspicious in the trailer but given Mystique´s main story will be on Inferno and Magik possible involvement on ToM I could see a magical foe being around or Onslaught and I am 50% sure Magneto also "died" that night which complicates matters but this would explain his absence post Gala, Shaw´s comment about "being there for Magneto when" probably when he´s brought back to life and is told Wanda was murdered at the Gala as well as the X-men doubts over who was responsible with Scott making that joke about Lorna killing Wanda and wolverine asking where´s magneto.

I could see Wanda´s corpse having signals of strangulation but given she meet with Magneto thats why Wolverine smelled him on her but if Magneto was also killed that night, that would leave a lot more question for the X-men.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-07-2021 at 11:29 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Sinister, Exodus and Mystique could have worked together or at least they are the ones who look the most suspicious in the trailer but given Mystique´s main story will be on Inferno and Magik possible involvement on ToM I could see a magical foe being around or Onslaught and I am 50% sure Magneto also "died" that night which complicates matters but this would explain his absence post Gala, Shaw´s comment about "being there for Magneto when" probably when he´s brought back to life and is told Wanda was murdered at the Gala as well as the X-men doubts over who was responsible with Scott making that joke about Lorna killing Wanda and wolverine asking where´s magneto.

I could see Wanda´s corpse having signals of strangulation but given she meet with Magneto thats why Wolverine smelled him on her but if Magneto was also killed that night, that would leave a lot more question for the X-men.
    Very interesting. While Emma and Shaw are talking you can see the others walking away but we don't specifically see Erik, just someone with a white cape which I assumed was him. But who knows!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Yes I also thought it was him too and I thought this could mean they don´t have enough evidence on him to do a trial yet but then I thought about how Magneto didn´t made any other appareance post Gala after his meeting with Wanda, I could see Brand questioning Magneto given how Wanda´s murder affects her work and we know how much it bothers her when people get in the way of her work and he´s the Council link to SWORD but if she´s not questioning him, this could mean he´s not there to be questioned in the first place.

Scott´s X-men team is mostly avoiding the subject with just that small comment by Scott that Lorna could have done it and given they actually let kid Cable date all of Emma´s daughters to make sure he wasn´t Stryfe I could see them being around looking if Lorna had anything to do with it. My point is the books themselves have been careful not to add more clues into the issue but those details on themselves could be part of the story imo
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-07-2021 at 11:46 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes I also thought it was him too and I thought this could mean they don´t have enough evidence on him to do a trial yet but then I thought about how Magneto didn´t made any other appareance post Gala after his meeting with Wanda, I could see Brand questioning Magneto given how Wanda´s murder affects her work and we know how much it bothers her when people get in the way of her work and he´s the Council link to SWORD but if she´s not questioning him, this could mean he´s not there to be questioned in the first place. Scott´s X-men team is mostly avoiding the subject with just that small comment by Scott that Lorna could have done it and given they actually let kid Cable date all of Emma´s daughters to make sure he wasn´t Stryfe I could see them being around looking if Lorna had anything to do with it. My point is the books themselves have been careful not to add more clues into the issue but those details on themselves could be part of the story imo
    All good points, Magneto has been strangely missing since the Gala and I just assumed it was because he was trouble. His death and resurrection would be a neat twist.
    It's fun to see this mystery has us all guessing and I can't wait to find out what happened.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Exodus is too proud to sully his rep by going through proxies.If he's the killer you best believe he'll go to Magnus and be like 'I did what had to be done (and with Michael Shannon's voice) You're a pack of fools every last one of you' ..He didn't do it because he's not the type to hide

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Exodus is too proud to sully his rep by going through proxies.If he's the killer you best believe he'll go to Magnus and be like 'I did what had to be done (and with Michael Shannon's voice) You're a pack of fools every last one of you' ..He didn't do it because he's not the type to hide
    Yeah, if it's Exodus, I see it as his power move to fire the popular imagination of those of Krakoa who feel overlooked by the X-folk and their friends and family, and give himself a major following on par with those of Xavier and throwing Erik under the bus in the process (since he feels that Magneto has failed him as a mutant leader, particularly gallingly in his love for his 'Pretender daughter').

He'd be bragging about taking one of mutantkind's biggest boogeymen off the board and using that to boost his own powerbase, IMO. (In a very self-serving way, since he's the one who has been building her up as this great 'Pretender' for the last six months, and taking everyone's eye off the ball of *actual* threats like Orchis, etc.)

X-Men: Who Are the Prime Suspects in Scarlet Witch’s Death?
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-scarlet-wi...rder-suspects/

Maybe she killed herself to become a mutant.

Still waiting the complete preview.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Maybe she killed herself to become a mutant.
    Wanda having agency? Get outta here with that

The preview sets up the possibility of this being a fake Wanda. There have been at least a couple other Wanda's at times. It'll be interesting to see if this was even her.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.