Page 86 of 101 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1511

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Mutants are using the resurrection protocols to deal with the fallout of M-day. I think it was in an interview with Jordan D White that the trial will address how mutants view Wanda as the pretender. Krakoa’s current stance when it comes to Wanda is that she is an enemy. This is likely going to change that for Krakoa’s future. If this is a clone then that begs another question, why can’t Wanda in 616 die? We have seen her die in alternate timelines, but never has she died in the main one. Is it that she can’t die cause it will cause some great calamity or does her status as a nexus being or wielder of chaos magic somehow prevent that? Doing the clone thing again just doesn’t make since for this particular story if it’s supposed to shake Krakoa up in a major way.
    The protocols were never brought up about Wanda. The Pretender thing, yes, but only in the way that mutants are dealing with it. Framed as a better way for them to have closure. They have not guaranteed us anything regarding Wanda. All of that is fan assumption.

Originally it was stated that if the nexus of your Earth died, so did that earth. Not sure if that is still canon. They may have forgotten that detail.

It's just that there being another her means she's not really fridged.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The protocols were never brought up about Wanda. The Pretender thing, yes, but only in the way that mutants are dealing with it. Framed as a better way for them to have closure. They have not guaranteed us anything regarding Wanda. All of that is fan assumption.

Originally it was stated that if the nexus of your Earth died, so did that earth. Not sure if that is still canon. They may have forgotten that detail.

It's just that there being another her means she's not really fridged.
    I really should have said the Crucible was their solution to M-day. Though to fridge her this way is bad, but better than her just being alive and not just use her. Hopefully this brings her back in a capacity to give her autonomy in future stories.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 08-13-2021 at 08:05 AM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

So let's entertain the idea that this is a Wanda clone, so what happened to Wanda? Why can't Billy feel her? Why fake her death? Is it to stall whatever is going to happen?

Regarding the nexus stuff, I only know about it in passing, but are people in Universe aware that Wanda is a Nexus being? Is Wanda aware of it?

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    So let's entertain the idea that this is a Wanda clone, so what happened to Wanda? Why can't Billy feel her? Why fake her death? Is it to stall whatever is going to happen?

Regarding the nexus stuff, I only know about it in passing, but are people in Universe aware that Wanda is a Nexus being? Is Wanda aware of it?
    Wanda is aware of it. It was mentioned in Children's Crusade but I don't remember by who/who listened. I doubt it's gonna really be a plot point here tbh. The only reason people have been bringing it up so much recently it's because of the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post

Wanda is definitely aware of it. The whole thing was explained to her by Agatha Harkness years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I really should have said the Crucible was their solution to M-day. Though to fridge her this way is bad, but better than her just being alive and not just use her. Hopefully this brings her back in a capacity to give her autonomy in future stories.
    If she's still alive and they don't use her then nothing really changes from before. But having her killed off for other's stories is worse than that. She's likely not staying away regardless. So the impact of her death if it is even her won't be lasting itself. Just whatever inner reflection mutants gain from their experiences on Krakoa, what it's future will be and how they deal with things after all this. It seems very much about their closure.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Wanda is aware of it. It was mentioned in Children's Crusade but I don't remember by who/who listened. I doubt it's gonna really be a plot point here tbh. The only reason people have been bringing it up so much recently it's because of the MCU.
    That's really the only reason I bring it up as a possibility as well. While we seem to have moved on from force synergy, we don't know whether they want to remind people of it or not for future movies at least.

Wanda is more popular than she has ever been due to her involvement in the MCU and her streaming show. She needs to be in mores stories, not killed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Wanda is more popular than she has ever been due to her involvement in the MCU and her streaming show. She needs to be in mores stories, not killed off.
    100% agreed.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    By comicbook standards will it even count as dead dead if it doesn't even last for one story?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    By comicbook standards will it even count as dead dead if it doesn't even last for one story?
    The fact that they are killing off Strange too and have completely retconned/depowered America Chavez…

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I still think all this previous death and retcons is marvel´s way to bring attention back to those characters before their big movie "Multiverse of Madness" gets out that way, there will already be a recent story of them in the stands for casual movie goers to see and read and maybe some will get interested in reading their comic book stories.

We know Dr Strange will be there, America Chaves will be fully powered and in fact her powers will be the reason why she´s been persecuted and Wanda will show off her new powers from WandaVision to Dr Strange while she looks for her kids and all of them will deal with the multiverse awakened by Loki. I guess this is why I am not really worried for them in the comics and death sometimes is just one more way to bring attention back to the character and make comic book readers appreciate them more.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

On the other hand, they weren't even smart enough to have Wanda and Vision on a title during Wandavision, so...

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes but I think they didnt do a new series because they already had the classic Vision and The Scarlet Witch series, which were also the reference for the WandaVision series, MoM doesn´t have that advantage.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes but I think they didnt do a new series because they already had the classic Vision and The Scarlet Witch series, which were also the reference for the WandaVision series, MoM doesn´t have that advantage.
    They did the mini with Spidey and MJ so there's no reason they couldn't have done something new for Wanda and Vision. I think they were banking on Darkhold being the thing, but then that got delayed. But with how well all Scarlet Witch related comics are selling, they'd be fools to not be putting stuff in the line for future stuff. If it gets to be close to Strange 2 and they've still done nothing or bare minimum, then we'll know they just never plan to do it.