Page 99 of 101 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1511
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Interesting cover.

X-MEN: THE TRIAL OF MAGNETO #4 (OF 5)
    DOUBLE, DOUBLE TOIL AND TROUBLE!
    A Wanda divided cannot stand…
    …but there are many other things she can do.
    Chaos comes to Krakoa.
    spoilers:
    I’ve been ruminating on the page where we see blood flowing from Wanda’s wound, which is where her womb is, and from flowers springing forth from it. It brings to mind birth and life. According to Eye Boy, her blood is filled with magic. Leah mentioned that she wanted chaos magic to be a positive force for Wanda. Perhaps chaos magic itself is what is reviving her, and her soul is on the Witch’s Road, where Billy can’t reach her.
    end of spoilers

I'm really curious about the "A Wanda divided cannot stand..." line.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Did they ever confirm that? Is he the original demiurge that created the elder gods?
    It's heavily implied Tini Howard even sorta double downed on the implication in Strikeforce I asked Anthony for 1 the questions for X-Monday hoping they pick it so we can get a concrete answer from a writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    It's heavily implied Tini Howard even sorta double downed on the implication in Strikeforce I asked Anthony for 1 the questions for X-Monday hoping they pick it so we can get a concrete answer from a writer.
    Yeah it'd be nice to have that confirmed.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Spectacular Member

spoilers:
    With the issue four solicitations mentioning a divided Wanda, maybe there really are two Wandas, but both are real. And one Wanda killed the other. The one that killed her other self is the one that danced with Magneto. And in a way, it would kind of fit how there are the fans of Wanda that want her only magic and Avengers with no X-content and you also have fans of Wanda that want her only mutant and X-related with no Avengers comment. Neither group of fans are inherently more deserving or less of what they want. They just like different parts more. Finding a way to have both, ie no longer dividing Wanda, could let everyone have their cake.
    end of spoilers

This is my interpretation of it but I think divided indicates being separated in this case. What’s separated is Wanda’s soul from her body and I think Krakoa is consuming/changing Wanda’s body so her soul can return to it creating its own chimera.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    spoilers:
    With the issue four solicitations mentioning a divided Wanda, maybe there really are two Wandas, but both are real. And one Wanda killed the other. The one that killed her other self is the one that danced with Magneto. And in a way, it would kind of fit how there are the fans of Wanda that want her only magic and Avengers with no X-content and you also have fans of Wanda that want her only mutant and X-related with no Avengers comment. Neither group of fans are inherently more deserving or less of what they want. They just like different parts more. Finding a way to have both, ie no longer dividing Wanda, could let everyone have their cake.
    end of spoilers
    It would explain spoilers:
    how Wanda could be murdered at 2 am and meet Magneto at 3am
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Wanda as a character is literally made up more of Avengers content, it will be ironic since the meek little girl is the killer, like how the X-narrative and stories involving Magneto hijacks her main characterization.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

There’s Wanda’s physical, dead, body that’s being cocooned in the Boneyard, there is Wanda’s spirit (and whatever it’s becoming) that’s either in the Witches Road or Krakoa itself, and then there’s the back-up version in Cerebro (probably backed up to Busiek era Avengers)

Past (back-up), present (corpse) and future (spirit)

Ultimate Member

It is interesting that she's been two different characters, over the years. A mutant hex bolt-thrower, with a smattering of magical training. Then a 'chaos mage.' Then back to being a mutant, a 'reality manipulator' this time. Then a witch from a long line of witches. It seems like, unlike Ilyanna, who has fairly comfortably straddled the line between mutant and sorceress over the years, Wanda (or, more to the point, *the writers*) have not been comfortable with her as both mutant *and* sorceress, and ended up putting one or the other on the back-burner, depending on whether they want her to be a reality manipulating plot device mutant, or a chaos mage / witchy spellcaster.

Perhaps the 'Wanda divided cannot stand' line speaks to how she's going to have to pull together these divided strands, equally both mutant and mage, and no longer be portrayed as primarily one with just a dash of the other as seasoning (depending on what year it is).

I think it's metaphorical and not literal. Either way, after this is over, let her go back to her home franchise and leave her be.

I think it's metaphorical and not literal. Either way, after this is over, let her go back to her home franchise and leave her be.
    Her franchise is Marvel.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Nah. Let her pop up in an x-book every now and then.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Nah. Let her pop up in an x-book every now and then.
    No thanks. I don't want her hanging on in that environment because of some dream of the Magnus Family. It nevers works out well for her anyway. Leave mutants to their island. Let Wanda go and grow.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Her franchise is Marvel.
    It's been Avengers for over 50 years.