Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noronha View Post
    No, hurting a journalist with the intention of suppressing/censoring the press is fascism, what SM does here is going for revenge not only for Jameson using the paper to personally go after him but for creating villains to do so as well.

SM has no intention of censoring or suppressing the Daily Bugle, or the free press, he was just going after vindication for years of unjust persecution.
    Yup.The journalist is using a news company to forward his own personal(biased) agenda.He is asking him to stop spreading fake news.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I see your point but you have to take the context in reference here.
    I am taking the context in reference. That's why I say the actions here are fascist.

Jonah is a man who has for decades in real time or years in the MU hounded Spider-man.
    He has also been a respected editor who has taken up the cause of civil rights, mutant liberty, and pushed against corrupt fatcats like Wilson Fisk among others.

It's never been the intention, even in the Ditko years, for readers to read Jameson as a villain or hate him in any sense. It's absurd to look at it this way.

He has created muder-bots,
    It was Peter Parker who convinced Jameson to hire the Spider-Slayers after his initial response was to say no. Peter did that because he was having a slow week and needed photographs so he convinced Jameson to hire the Spider-Slayers because he saw them as punk jobbers he could use to wail Jameson for cash.

Now for Spider-man to break his hand would again be a wrong thing to do since 2 wrongs don't make a right even though jonah deserves it.
    Jameson doesn't deserve it, especially not in this scene. He's reporting that Spider-Man committed a murder, which is true. He killed Hobgoblin at the end of last issue. And Spider-Man comes in, and brutalizes him and specifically tells him to never print a word against Spider-Man again. That's intimidation of the press and using violence to extort a demand.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I am taking the context in reference. That's why I say the actions here are fascist.

He has also been a respected editor who has taken up the cause of civil rights, mutant liberty, and pushed against corrupt fatcats like Wilson Fisk among others.

It's never been the intention, even in the Ditko years, for readers to read Jameson as a villain or hate him in any sense. It's absurd to look at it this way.

It was Peter Parker who convinced Jameson to hire the Spider-Slayers after his initial response was to say no. Peter did that because he was having a slow week and needed photographs so he convinced Jameson to hire the Spider-Slayers because he saw them as punk jobbers he could use to wail Jameson for cash.

Jameson doesn't deserve it, especially not in this scene. He's reporting that Spider-Man committed a murder, which is true. He killed Hobgoblin at the end of last issue. And Spider-Man comes in, and brutalizes him and specifically tells him to never print a word against Spider-Man again. That's intimidation of the press and using violence to extort a demand.
    You ignored most of the points I made.Please give your answer to them.

Again 2 wrongs don't make a right.And Jonah and done far more harm than good.His paper is known for Spider-man hate and that is usually the front headline.Just because you support race quality doesn't make it okay to write strongly against and create fake news to further your personal biased agenda against gender equality.

He made a suggestion.Parker,Robbie and others have told Jonah to stop making false news against Spider-man for ages and he never listened to them then.Awfully convinient.Also Peter did not ask to make Scorpion and the Human fly,Or to hire luke cage or put a millions of dollars of bounty for his identity which lead to a lot of chaos.

He doesn't have any proof.He has always assumed the worst in Spider-man.He always blamed him without even looking at the proof that proved otherwise.He even said Spider-man worked with A.I.M. when he stopped them with Cap.The one time he was kinda right(not really since mind-control or influence would be something that is common in the MU and would thus make him a free man) by fluke doesn't make it right.Your logic states that any superhero who hurts anyone is in the wrong even when the other person is wrong.Which Jonah is,he has for years not even considered that changing opinions or looking for proof even though most it indicates that Spider-man is the good guy.He still purposefully ignores it

Also I want to ask you to again answer to the entire post and not pick the 2-3 arguments that you can barely rebuttle to.My entire post is filled with telling you the flaws of your argument
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 05-11-2021 at 07:19 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    You ignored most of the points I made.
    Said points is repeating grudges and sentiments and grievances. Which is irrelevant to the action here.

Also I want to ask you to again answer to the entire post and not pick the 2-3 arguments that you can barely rebuttle to.
    Neither I nor anyone has to respond to every part of another poster's argument or comment. Simply to that which they think is relevant and interesting.

My entire post is filled with telling you the flaws of your argument
    If your post is built on downplaying violence "just broke someone's arm" and all, and justifying and glorifying the action by demonizing the victim, then that's not much of a response.

Jonah calls Spider-man a menace so Spider-man decides he going to become a menace.

I don't see how Spider-man is anyway in the right here.

Extraordinary Member

Said points is repeating grudges and sentiments and grievances. Which is irrelevant to the action here.

Neither I nor anyone has to respond to every part of another poster's argument or comment. Simply to that which they think is relevant and interesting.

If your post is built on downplaying violence "just broke someone's arm" and all, and justifying and glorifying the action by demonizing the victim, then that's not much of a response.
    I have stated multiple facts.There is not much room for opinion in them.I like the character but he is not innocent by any means.Hell he even admits to being a scum in many modern day comics.Also admits that he is a weak man(I think) when Spider-man saved him.
    You are the one who is using opinions.You think just because he is a journalist he can do anything he wants.Hell I get the stuff he prints because it is his opinion.But human experiments and hiring people and placing bounties is not okay.You are holding these 2 characters to wildly different standards.
    When the victim has done things worse than many criminals then I don't feel bad.Do you feel bad when someone who is robbing someone else at gunpoint gets hurt.Same thing,Spider-man isn't going after random people.He is going after someone who has for years tried to make his life hell when he has tried to help people.I am not saying that breaking someone's arm isn't terrible but saying that JJJ had it coming.
    I guess it just boils down to you thinking JJJ is a innocent victim whereas I think he is guilty.
    My previous posts were about what JJJ has done in past.
    Also you keep forgetting he is under the influence of damn symbiote.He would never do this to him regardless if he deserves it or not.
    You can disagree with me on the deserve part but calling Peter wrong for this is a flat out lie since we know he never has or will do this(main continuity).
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 05-11-2021 at 09:26 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Jonah calls Spider-man a menace so Spider-man decides he going to become a menace.

I don't see how Spider-man is anyway in the right here.
    Jonah has been calling him a menace for years.Spider-man for all those years never did anything like that.Then the symbiote came around and then this happened.Regardless of whether you think JJJ deserves this you can't blame him.Would you blame someone being mind-controlled to the crime they committed.Same difference.
    Also how would you stop like Spider-man to stop JJJ.The man has hired people, conducted experiments, put bounties and spread lies and fake stories just to make Spider-man look bad.He can't do anything the legal way because his secret identity prevents him from doing that stuff(for the most part).Even in the MU it is common knowledge that JJJ hates Spider-man not for anything he had done but for personal reasons.
    How you think spider-man is in the wrong is something I don't understand
    He has been trying to paint Spider-man as a "menace" all these years and has done terrible stuff to do it.

BANNED

I always did feel superhero fandom, and fandom in general, was breeding people to separate their conscience from their loyalty to the character, and completely detach their morality from any sense of reality.

It's always dispiriting to find fresh examples of that viewpoint especially around a character whose entire story is centered on self-crticism and self-reflection and being generous and tolerant even to those who don't agree with him.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I always did feel superhero fandom, and fandom in general, was breeding people to separate their conscience from their loyalty to the character, and completely detach their morality from any sense of reality.

It's always dispiriting to find fresh examples of that viewpoint especially around a character whose entire story is centered on self-crticism and self-reflection and being generous and tolerant even to those who don't agree with him.
    Funny enough, you could make that same point about real-world politics, where all that matters, to quote that old protest song, is, "Which side are you on, boy? Which side are you on?"
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 05-11-2021 at 02:56 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

man that issue was intense, im not gonna spoil but one nitpick is that Ben Grimm was shown alongside Reed. Wasn't during this time he was in Battleworld and She-hulk was substituting for the FF.

issue was cool. wonder what happen to Felica. the stuff with Brock looks interesting
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    man that issue was intense, im not gonna spoil but one nitpick is that Ben Grimm was shown alongside Reed. Wasn't during this time he was in Battleworld and She-hulk was substituting for the FF.
    Damn, this is all Ben Grimm's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Still not expecting a happy ending from this one.
    When they start off by killing Aunt May and Peter kills the guy who did it there never is one.

BANNED

The only happy ending possible in this story, is the one where Peter turns himself in and goes to Jail.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    When they start off by killing Aunt May and Peter kills the guy who did it there never is one.
    Like What If? Back in Black, only it was Mary Jane who died and Peter not just killing the sniper who fired the bullet, but also the Kingpin, who hired the sniper, horrified Aunt May so much she disowned him while he was being taken into custody.
    The spider is always on the hunt.