Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Spider-man The Spider Shadow 2 Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    and i like it. funny chip made jjj likeable but it still doesnt excuse him for all that slander
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I always imagine a Symbiote-influenced Spider-Man going after Jonah for payback.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yes. Yes, he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    and i like it. funny chip made jjj likeable but it still doesnt excuse him for all that slander
    "Slander is spoken! In print, it's libel."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I always imagine a Symbiote-influenced Spider-Man going after Jonah for payback.
    Reminds me of a more gruesome version of their confrontation in 90s TAS's "The Alien Costume, Part Two."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

So Spider-Man has become a fascist at last

Still not expecting a happy ending from this one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Still not expecting a happy ending from this one.
    It's not in canon, right?

Zdarsky said that the logic of What If and it ending badly was something he had to get used to but he also skirted things so that it doesn't hew entirely to the cliches.

So it will be dark but maybe have something at the end, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    So Spider-Man has become a fascist at last
    Yeah, intimidating and brutalizing the press is one of the 14 major points of fascism, after all.

It's not in canon, right?

Zdarsky said that the logic of What If and it ending badly was something he had to get used to but he also skirted things so that it doesn't hew entirely to the cliches.

So it will be dark but maybe have something at the end, who knows?
    Hmm, maybe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, intimidating and brutalizing the press is one of the 14 major points of fascism, after all.
    I mean venting at Jameson over his libel is one thing, 616 Spider-Man has done that numerous times, but bullying and brutalizing him to stop him printing news about him is a step too far.

Hmm, maybe.
    I am not against the idea of a story ending badly for Spider-Man/Peter or his supporting cast in principle. In this case it's a "What-If" and an attempt to shake things up.

And Zdarsky has proven that he can write the other kind of Spider-Man story.

I mean venting at Jameson over his libel is one thing, 616 Spider-Man has done that numerous times, but bullying and brutalizing him to stop him printing news about him is a step too far.

I am not against the idea of a story ending badly for Spider-Man/Peter or his supporting cast in principle. In this case it's a "What-If" and an attempt to shake things up.

And Zdarsky has proven that he can write the other kind of Spider-Man story.
    Yeah, that was pretty grisly, I'll admit.

I mean, the Symbiote seems to have taken almost complete control. I'm not surprised.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, the Symbiote seems to have taken almost complete control. I'm not surprised.
    I see this story ending badly for Peter ( far worse then say the heroic end of Life Story or as much as I hated it Abrams). Maybe Peter gets the “Rabid dog” treatment, and put out of his misery by MJ, Felicia or even Ghost Spider.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I see this story ending badly for Peter ( far worse then say the heroic end of Life Story or as much as I hated it Abrams). Maybe Peter gets the “Rabid dog” treatment, and put out of his misery by MJ, Felicia or even Ghost Spider.
    Wouldn't it be a better ending if he kills them instead?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Wouldn't it be a better ending if he kills them instead?
    No because Peter did not create the situation and doing that is too dark: Not to mention Peter indirectly killed MJ in a What If before ( Requiem) and a variation of Gwen in ASM 121. Which is also why having one ( or more) of the ladies or even Eddie put Peter out of his misery would work better.

Astonishing Member

Are you really surprised? Because I'm not. In fact, I mentioned this in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    There's another thing worrying me about a world where Peter kept the symbiote. At this age, Jameson keeps pushing Spider-Man to its limits with his swear campaign. Well, something tells me that a violent Spider-Man with Venom's symbiote will not tolerate that and it will make Jameson to shut up... Permanently.
    Honestly, I'm not going to say anything about this. Jameson was asking for it for a VERY VERY long time. However, I have to say, I expected something even worse. Considering Jameson created monsters as the Scorpion, the Human Fly and the Spider Slayers, I expected Spider-Venom would actually kill Jameson in retaliation of all the people who died because of them.

Either way, I would LOVE to see Jameson after this, because, honestly, he even deserved worse than just a broken hand. I would love to see him now living in fear of a "no more friendly" Spider-Man.