Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 50 State Initiative Teams and Characters Appreciation 2021 !!!

Discuss your favorite teams and characters from The former 50 State Initiative !!!

Avengers-most-powerful-recruits-fifty-state-initiative-ranked/
    Last edited by danielsan52; 05-07-2021 at 09:01 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

reserved............

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

For those that didn't know, Trauma aka Terrance Ward appeared in the latest issue of FF!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    For those that didn't know, Trauma aka Terrance Ward appeared in the latest issue of FF!
    Really? that's another Initiative character, Slott has brought back.

Definitely the Rangers by far. All of them had cool designs and power sets and I wouldn’t mind them getting their own ongoing. Heck I say bring them to the MCU since they have yet to do a western.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Several Rangers get mentioned in this article!

Texas Twister could make for an awesome Avenger too! just get him a modern costume!

Avengers-most-powerful-recruits-Fifty-state-Initiative-ranked/

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Ultimate Member

Oh, Texas Twister has long been a favorite! (Although Shooting Star has potential as well, particularly if they ever stop waffling on whether or not she's a mutant who can fly, or has jet-boots, or something. A flying shooter? And decades before Cloud 9? That seems like it has potential.)

I was curious about all sorts of individuals from this era.

Telemetry. Great visual, interesting powers, and I loved her personality during the Fear, Itself: Youth in Revolt mini. Very cool and collected under pressure, got everyone organized and on task, even when Gravity and Hardball seemed more interested in killing each other (and lots of innocent bystanders) with their chest-thumping.

Spinner. Okay, she died, but she seemed to have potential. Every day she wakes up with a different power, but it cycles (maybe a different one each day of the week?) We saw invulnerability, super-strength, flight and super-speed, IIRC, but it would be fun if her extra three powers were less 'Superman' than that and covered less common powers like invisibility, multiplication, etc. and not just 'heat vision' or whatever.

Prima Donna, Vox, Star Sign, Paydirt. We really didn't see much of them, that I recall, other than the suggestion that Paydirt controlled dirt, and was considered potent enough (or connected with Osbourne enough...) to win the coveted Hawaii posting! Star Sign supposedly had some sort of zodiac theme going on, but I have no idea if it extended to her powers, or was just that, a theme. And Prima Donna seemed super-strong.

Red Nine. I kept seeing him, in his Hardball-like suit, but never really got a good idea what he did! (Sure, I can read about him on the internet, but the story itself didn't give me much, which was annoying.)

Dragon Lord, Melee, Armory, Gorilla Girl, so many interesting characters I'd love to see more of! (Okay, Dragon Lord is dead, and I don't actually want to see his son take up the mantle. I want to see his *daughter* take up the mantle, because that sounds like a fun twist. And take it in a new direction, where she brews up egg shaped potions ahead of time and breaks them open to unleash little dragons on the spur of the moment, instead of 'okay, hold them off for ten minutes while I brew up a dragon...')

And my favorite toxic relationship, Komodo (our only Indonesian superhero?) and Hardball!

As is 100% typical with me, I liked the ones who got the least development, it seemed, and kind of didn't care for Trauma or Cloud 9, at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Spinner. Okay, she died, but she seemed to have potential. Every day she wakes up with a different power, but it cycles (maybe a different one each day of the week?) We saw invulnerability, super-strength, flight and super-speed, IIRC, but it would be fun if her extra three powers were less 'Superman' than that and covered less common powers like invisibility, multiplication, etc. and not just 'heat vision' or whatever.
    She was in Youth in Revolt, IIRC.
    Dan Slott never bothered making her or Whiz Kid's death official in ATI because he wasted pages of his last issues with Pym talking about Janet's "death".

Apparently, Whiz Kid died but Spinner survived.

My headcanon is that Spinner was heavily injured but managed to survive 24 h and then got "healing factor".
    Or maybe her power still kicked post mortem and gave her "resurrecion".
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I was very interested in Vox, as he looked really cool. Never saw him since the initiative though.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Poor Texas Twister. He’s been waiting for a shot at the big time for decades now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    My headcanon is that Spinner was heavily injured but managed to survive 24 h and then got "healing factor".
    Or maybe her power still kicked post mortem and gave her "resurrecion".
    Ooh, good point! And that would be funny/gruesome, if she could be killed, and then, 1-6 days later, when resurrection / regeneration comes up, her corpse shudders and returns to life! (Assuming there's enough 'corpse' left and she didn't get vaporized!)

"Oh no, Spinner!" "Quick, save the body!" "Whaaaat?" "Okay, just throw it anywhere, she'll be back in..." <checks notes> "three days. She's already had flight, invulnerability, super-strength and super-speed this week, so it's got to be in the next three days!"

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Really? that's another Initiative character, Slott has brought back.
    Trauma working with Franks.

8856B41B-7A94-495A-A408-B1154F359866.jpg

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Definitely the Rangers by far. All of them had cool designs and power sets and I wouldn’t mind them getting their own ongoing. Heck I say bring them to the MCU since they have yet to do a western.
    Also my favorites.

Peace

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I realy wish Marvel would do something with these characters again. Granted I don't necessarily mean the boot camp style of before but take maybe a Legion of Super heroes approach...10-15 (or more is fine) and rotate them around. No longer the Avengers Initiative but just...the Initiative.
    Last edited by OBrianTallent; 05-08-2021 at 11:06 AM.

I have to throw in an honorable mention for Butterball and Bat-Wing.