Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Married With Children #7 Photo Cover

I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Captain America #290 by John Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yvonne De Carlo had some big name co-stars when she was under contract She was also in "Band of Angels" with Clark Gable. I also liked her in "McClintock" with John Wayne. Her husband Bob Morgan was an actor and stunt man and he was almost killed in How the West Was Won. I recall reading that she was cast in McClintock because it was right after her husband's accident and they needed money for his medical bills. John Wayne's Batjack company produced the film so he may have had something to do with it since he appeared in How the West Was Won. Her husband's medical bills are also why she took the job with the Munsters. But she never regretted it.
    The thing about Yvonne that makes me sad is people who dont know her pother work see her in The Munsters and discount her as a whole if they did not like the show. But she is really great and very much under rated. I admit I did the same for a long time. The great thing about living with my dad for the last 6 years is that he has made me hip to so many of the older movies and stars that I have over looked for so long.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The thing about Yvonne that makes me sad is people who dont know her pother work see her in The Munsters and discount her as a whole if they did not like the show. But she is really great and very much under rated. I admit I did the same for a long time. The great thing about living with my dad for the last 6 years is that he has made me hip to so many of the older movies and stars that I have over looked for so long.
    I am glad to see that you have an open mind about watching old movies. One time I was talking to a co-worker about one of my favorites and she said she'd like to see it but doesn't watch movies in black and white!

On the back of WBE's.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I am glad to see that you have an open mind about watching old movies. One time I was talking to a co-worker about one of my favorites and she said she'd like to see it but doesn't watch movies in black and white!
    I have really become a fan of a lot of the older ones. 12 Angry men is one of my favorites and I can watch it all day. I love the old serials not just the superhero ones but I watch Dick Tracy all the time. Put on Key Largo? You wont hear me talking for an hour and a half!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Though Disney is notorious for a lot of absent animated mothers, Pixar isn't.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Some sick Mutha covers this week, ChadH came through in a pinch.

I'm on the DeCarlo train too, (I mean she's no Carolyn Jones) but she's right up there for me. Nowadays people on YT put these videos that have become pretty popular about stars from the past. Nowadays in our entertainment cycles we just don't get a chance or to look back at the older stars, many of whom have passed. All I knew before last year was she was Moses wife and Lily Munster, I thought that was it, she did A LOT. A couple of those older movies and a couple of the TV appearances, I'm going to have to find. The Munsters only lasted 2 seasons and I'll be damned if it isn't one of the most reran television shows of all time. I get Lucy is up there but I was a kid in the 80's and I didn't appreciate Ball's comedy day in and out like it did with what the Munsters had.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I was a fan of The Munsters as a kid, but it wasn't years afterwards that I made the connection and realised that I had seen DeCarlo is in a bunch of old films while growing up thanks to my father's love of Westerns. McLintock! with John Wayne is probably one of her better known westerns, and it still turns up on TV from time to time.

She is also in the film noir homage The Man with Bogart's Face.

I really hope Scott T is okay.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I really hope Scott T is okay.
    Has anyone heard from him?

Has anyone heard from him?
    His last post was a week ago.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    His last post was a week ago.
    This is troubling. I hope he's okay.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I have really become a fan of a lot of the older ones. 12 Angry men is one of my favorites and I can watch it all day. I love the old serials not just the superhero ones but I watch Dick Tracy all the time. Put on Key Largo? You wont hear me talking for an hour and a half!
    Key Largo is one of my favorite Bogart movies. I recently watched a really good ghost movie, "The Uninvited". Usually I watch it around Halloween but they ran it on TCM the other night.