View Poll Results: Which Option Would You Like Best?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Film Franchise

0 0%
  • A Disney Plus Show

19 55.88%
  • Neither, Antagonists in the Main Franchise

12 35.29%
  • Other

3 8.82%

Default Would You Want A Brotherhood (or Equivalent) Movie / Disney Plus+ Show?

Thinking over some plots for Rogue making her debut in Captain Marvel, I started to realize maybe the team shouldn't be guest stars or be antagonist in another heroes story. Maybe they deserve their own franchise property? TBH I'd rather watch a series about the Brotherhood then 90% of the Disney Plus shows we have announced. You could even arguably make it a film, as long as there is clear distinction from Suicide Squad or X-Force (later).

Personally despite the name, I wouldn't attach Magneto to this at all. I'd have Mystique form and establish it and have either Captain Marvel or potentially other heroes as antagonists (Dazzler, Luke Cage, etc...). I don't imagine them "winning" in terms of killing any heroes but I do think they should be successful in certain ventures and missions despite it focusing on villains. Like burning registration centers, freeing mutants from government "enlistment" camps, and fighting any government funded programs that are run by guys like Trask, Graydon Creed or similar human political enemies in X-Men canon. They should operate in a grey area of being much more radical than the X-Men but not totally evil.

They could even clash with the X-Men on the big screen.

Anyway who do you think or would want for the cast?

I'd love to see Rogue, Mystique and Destiny. I think Pyro, Avalanche and Blob are also staples. After that I'm a bit iffy but I'd probably still expand it further.

Former members: Mastermind, Toad, Unus, Lorelei, Astra, Post, Phantazia, Weapon III, Omega Clan, Burner, Lifter, Shocker, Slither, Mammomax, Sabretooth, Lady Mastermind, Mesmero, Unuscione and more

I wouldn't be totally averse to drawing from similar teams such as the Mutant Liberation Front either. Anyway curious to hear your thoughts!

I would definitely love to see it but only if Mystique and Destiny get to be each other’s boo.

I wonder how Disney will get away with a villain named blob these days? They’ll get in trouble for fat shaming if they try that

Fantastic Member

I love this idea. I've always wanted to see some kind of Brotherhood mini-series in the comics, showing their interaction as a team and focusing on them as characters in their own right and not just antagonists to show up and get beaten down. I feel like the closest we've come to that is X-Men Evolution, where the Brotherhood were sympathetic teen characters that got some of their own focus. I'd love to see the trio of Avalanche, Pyro and Blob get more fleshed out as characters (we still don't know exactly why Avalanche and Pyro joined the Brotherhood in the first place, or how they met Mystique). I'd like to know anything more about Phantazia, who was only in the books for a short time and was always very mysterious. And of course I want to see more of Mystique, Destiny and Rogue together. I would absolutely watch this as a Disney Plus show.

After the Flag-Smashers disaster in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, no.

Villian centered stories were in vogue because of Breaking Bad. So showcasing how the Brotherhood operates could be interesting for a bit.

I could envision Marvel doing this kind of show on Disney+, but I’m not into it. Then again, I’ve never been into Magneto being a good guy. So, my opinion is going to be unnecessarily negative about a Brotherhood TV show anyway.

I’d prefer the Hellfire show Fox was rumored to be developing, so long as they keep them all baddies. The only problem with that is:

— Robert Shaw has passed long ago and isn’t around to play Sebastian.

— Dame (hell, yes, DAME) Diana Rigg, DBE, has sadly passed, too, and could not play Emma Frost.

— Donald Sutherland seems too old to me to play Donald Pierce. Boyd Holbrook would be not too shabby a substitute, though.

— Orson Welles also passed so long ago, he can’t play Leland.

— Last but not least, Peter Wyngarde passed not too long ago, either, and thus is not available to portray the Claremont-Byrne tribute of him as Jason Wyngarde/Mastermind.

Despite the casting problem, Hellfire Club was envisioned at its creation as homages to a specific episode of a specific show, the Avengers, and specific and indeed beloved actors. Even though they are mostly passed, now, there really is no other team of super-powered folks so specifically designed for the screen. Hellfire Club would be a fine show! Can you imagine the crap Disney would get over making such a Disney+ show?

Sarah Paulson and Holland Taylor as IRL Destiny and Mystique, please.
    sarah-paulson-holland-taylor-z.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    After the Flag-Smashers disaster in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, no.
    I really liked them

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Sarah Paulson and Holland Taylor as IRL Destiny and Mystique, please.
    sarah-paulson-holland-taylor-z.jpg
    That would be cute

I think it could work. But I wish the comics would focus on the Brotherhood a bit more. They are constantly reinventing the roster or adding non-mutants like Juggernaut to the group. We haven't seen a proper Brotherhood since the late 90's. I loved seeing Raze bring in basically every prominent legacy member from alternate realities in No More Humans. More of that. Bring back Lorelei, and Unus, and Vanisher, and goddamn Phan-fucking-tazia.

I'd like to see The Brotherhood as antagonists in the movie series again as a parallel to and in addition to The Evil Humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Spectacular Member

No, more time spent on the x-men.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I would like to see a Disney + show of Mystique and her team as "FREEDOM FORCE" agents of the goverment and as antagonists to the main X-men team in a movie.

I also would leave Magneto out of things until his appareance as a solo agent or maybe with the acolytes in a version of Genosha or Krakoa.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022