Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Default The many jobs of Diana Prince

The Diana Prince alter ego isn't liked by some but it is part of the characters history and with that comes Diana spending some of her time working various jobs over the years.

She's been in the Navy as a First Class USNR(WR) Officer

An agent with the Inter-Agency Defense Command (IADC)

Secret Agent at Department of Metahuman Affairs

A boutique owner

A secretary to the JSA

And a Museum curator/historian.

Probably more...Do you have a preference out of Dianas many jobs? Are there any that you'd like to see her take in future adaptations?

Incredible Member

I love the museum curator/historian role for Diana. It warmed my heart to see her working with Barbara at the Smithsonian in the movie, and I loved her working at the Louvre. It just automatically codes her as intelligent, ambitious, accomplished, and inspirational in a real-world sense. It also allows for her supporting cast to be well-educated and accomplished, as well.

Although this isn't a part of the question, I also loved that the movie allows Diana to know multiple languages because of her studies and not the lasso. Anything that shows intelligence as a superpower and something worth attaining in its own right is always going to have my undying love and admiration.

Also - working at a museum is still a teaching opportunity and allows for her to naturally interact with the public and all types of people from dignitaries to a family visiting from small-town Idaho. The same way Clark being a journalist can still be viewed as him saving the world in his everyday job, being a museum curator could do the same in a different but still important way.
    Last edited by PopQuezy; 05-07-2021 at 06:33 PM.

Lemme see...
    Started out as an entertainer. Had her own theater show with an agent and everything.
    Followed immediately by her becoming a nurse so she could keep an eye on Steve. Ran into Etta during this period.
    Fast forward a bit and she was a tour guide for the united nations, then an interpreter, then a secret agent working for the united nations
    An astronaut for NASA
    Then towards the tail end of pre crisis she was an intelligence officer working at the pentagon.

I prefer her without a secret ID but liked the movie stuff with being a museum curator.

William Messner-Loebs had her working at a fast food place. I know people didn't seem to like it but I enjoyed the humor and "human drama" of someone as special as her working there for a while with people from such a more grounded world.

I'm not a fan of the secret identity either but I would have Wonder Woman create a commune around Holliday College where women (and a few others) come from all over the world and try to establish an alternate society based on the amazonian lifestyle. So it would be a women shelter, a training camp, a museum, and an arts, science and philosphy research and debate center. A place where everything happened. No superhero ever tried to create their own new society (other than the X-men) and I feel like this is a better execution of the ambassador idea.

Astonishing Member

I love the museum curator idea from the movies. If she is to have a secret identity, that makes the most sense for her.

That said, in general I'm not a fan of the secret identity as a regular thing. I can see her putting on glasses and civvies to blend in and go undercover, using the name ''Diana Prince'', but in general, I'd prefer if she was just herself and the ambassador from Themyscera.

Her primary job should be Ambassador. But I love the museum curator idea as well. So maybe she does that as a part time job.

Fantastic Member

I have heard Wonder Woman being labeled as a ambassador and diplomat. Are they the same thing or different?

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    I have heard Wonder Woman being labeled as a ambassador and diplomat. Are they the same thing or different?
    An ambassador is a permanent representative to a foreign country while a diplomat isn’t permanent, they can come and go.

Basically the ambassador is the highest ranked diplomat.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 05-08-2021 at 06:31 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    An ambassador is a permanent representative to a foreign country while a diplomat isn’t permanent, they can come and go.

Basically the ambassador is the highest ranked diplomat.
    Ok. Thanks. Since Diana is representing Themyscira, does the United States or the world in the DC Universe know that the island exists or is it a myth to them?

Also ambassador is the best job because it gives Diana diplomatic immunity. It also therefore puts the US government in the wrong for pressing charges against her for killing Lord.

Tisk tisk US government, no wonder the Amazon’s were mad.

Museum curator is the most fun though. Gives a nice backdrop.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Her primary job should be Ambassador. But I love the museum curator idea as well. So maybe she does that as a part time job.
    Though this too. Maybe add a museum section to a Themysciran embassy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    Ambassadors are diplomats but not all diplomats are ambassadors. Ambassadors represent their country in a foreign country and they live in embassies. Diplomats travel all over the world and are involved in negotiating treaties and peace talks between nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Though this too. Maybe add a museum section to a Themysciran embassy.
    It could be something borne out of her friendship with Julia Kapatelis or Helena Sandsmark. If she is not busy being a superhero or at the embassy, she would be museum hopping or helping out at the museum.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    William Messner-Loebs had her working at a fast food place. I know people didn't seem to like it but I enjoyed the humor and "human drama" of someone as special as her working there for a while with people from such a more grounded world.