Default B.A Baracus (The A-Team) vs Elliot Spencer (Leverage)

Hand-to-hand combat. Who wins?

From watching one youtube video, it seems like Elliott Spencer may just be too fast. There's a scene where he practically aim dodges and another where he moves fast enough to draw and fire against an opponent who already has the drop on him, gun already aimed, and knows Elliott is going to try to quickdraw on him and Elliott still does it too fast for the guy to shoot him. I don't think B.A. was ever portrayed as being on that kind of a level. In fact, the title of the video implies there's a question as to whether Elliott's abilities are within human limits or superhuman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hcfP71-8hc&t=7s
    Power with Girl is better.

BA was strong, but he was always shown having trouble with people that were on a similar level to him.

Elliot’s pretty superhuman at the high-end.

In the Leverage pilot someone drops a duffel bag and he knocks out like 3 guys before it hits the ground.

There’s another episode where they’re at an amusement park and he gets smacked in the head by one of those fast spinning kiddie rides and launched 15 ft or so. He’s concussed for the rest of the episode but a normal human would have a broken neck and/or a caved-in skull from the blow he took.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    BA was strong, but he was always shown having trouble with people that were on a similar level to him.
    Yes, B.A. lost a fight in the very first episode. Then he lost when he went against someone with serious martial arts abilities (Professor Toru Tanaka).
    Power with Girl is better.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Eh, that was more like "has trouble with people presented as better than he is."

End of the day, he's a moderately skilled, very strong brawler. His main adds to the team are his mechanical genius and his driving ability. Him being a brawler is a nice-to-have, not a must-have.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

If the fight is to put BA on a plane, this becomes a different thing.

That’s like owing Luke Cage money.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

Except his weakness is very tiny needles.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

Elliot wins hands down in that fight. No way is BA resisting eating any dairy based gourmet-tier dishes that Elliot concocts, even if he already knew that it was drugged.

BA: "I get put on planes 'gainst my will all the time, but I'da been a foo' to throw away the opportunity t' eat tha' sublime Tira Misu!"

I'm just wondering if Parker or Murdock would be the first to wonder if BA was the time displaced son of Elliot and Hardison.