Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Excited for Shutterbug??

Anyone excited for the Heroes Reborn Shutterbug issue? Or is no one reading it?

PREVIEW BELOW
    https://comicbookdispatch.com/heroes...bug-1-preview/

Extraordinary Member

Not really.I wanted peter to use his science side more rather be a Olsen wannabe.Also while peter is a great photographer he mainly took Spider-man pictures.Again I think that the Hyperion battle in the preview will lead to Peter losing someone he loves.Since Gwen is a batgirl wannabe I am guessing we will get a MJ cameo.I want to see how much they can do with just a one-shot.The interview said it will explore the different views on heroics of Hyperion and Peter's own ideas,

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Not really.I wanted peter to use his science side more rather be a Olsen wannabe.Also while peter is a great photographer he mainly took Spider-man pictures.Again I think that the Hyperion battle in the preview will lead to Peter losing someone he loves.Since Gwen is a batgirl wannabe I am guessing we will get a MJ cameo.I want to see how much they can do with just a one-shot.The interview said it will explore the different views on heroics of Hyperion and Peter's own ideas,
    I am not really excited. The shutterbug concept is not bad, but Hyperion is meh. Maybe if they had a lighthearted issue with MJ as a superhero and a model, and when Peter is getting ready to photograph her discovers she is a superhero. Why? The idea of a great MJ photo shoot followed by Peter taking photographs of her kicking ass ( Francine maybe?) would be something different and fun.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I am not really excited. The shutterbug concept is not bad, but Hyperion is meh. Maybe if they had a lighthearted issue with MJ as a superhero and a model, and when Peter is getting ready to photograph her discovers she is a superhero. Why? The idea of a great MJ photo shoot followed by Peter taking photographs of her kicking ass ( Francine maybe?) would be something different and fun.
    I’m interested in it. I enjoy the what if stuff so I’m excited to see the angle.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dispatchdcu View Post
    I’m interested in it. I enjoy the what if stuff so I’m excited to see the angle.
    The problem with What If stuff is generally has a negative outcome for Peter( RYV excluded). I say this even though I am a big fan of Requiem ( bigger then most). I guess it is because I generally like the happy ending/ Peter winning and kicking bad guy ( or girl) ass, as well as lighthearted stuff ( Peter doing wisecracks and teasing those who really hate it like Otto and Doom) and lots of MJ related stuff).
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 05-08-2021 at 07:07 AM.

https://www.gamesradar.com/who-is-pe...that-question/
    "In this story, Peter and Hyperion are connected by more
    than mere fan love. It goes much, much deeper. And fandom is, to me, a matter
    of perspective. What does the subject of that adoration feel towards those he
    thinks adore him? How might that not be an accurate reflection of the truth?
    Peter's feelings towards Hyperion are complicated, whereas Hyperion's feelings
    towards Peter are rather simple."
    I’m getting a kind-of-creepy subtext from this, but I’m going to leave it alone.

Hopefully the one-shot is successful. I doubt if that many folks in the traditional supporting cast may show up.

Hopefully Peter will invent a signal watch. And Uncle Ben will still be alive (Hyperion stops the burglar? Hmm..)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

I’m getting a kind-of-creepy subtext from this, but I’m going to leave it alone.

Hopefully the one-shot is successful. I doubt if that many folks in the traditional supporting cast may show up.

Hopefully Peter will invent a signal watch. And Uncle Ben will still be alive (Hyperion stops the burglar? Hmm..)
    God I hope not.So many people have already projected their headcannon onto MCU tom Spider-man that it is down-right disturbing .Not the concept but the number of people that write and read that stuff.
    I think this alludes to their different ideologies when it comes to heroics.IMO the battle causes collateral damage that leads to someone peter loves die.Then peter starts to see the "holes in the holy".I really hope this is a peter-centric with minimum hyperion

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    It's a cliche concept.We don't need Peter Parker as a jimmy olsen wannabe.Your concept on the other hand is *chef's kiss*.Peter could be the Photographer and the guy in the chair whereas MJ is a model/actress and superhero.Peter would be the photographer for both ofc.

Extraordinary Member

I guess they would not do an alternate world like this without showing Pete...but considering Blade looks to be getting the band back together will Peter somehow get supered in this world? Get his spider powers or a symbiote for the final battle?

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Chris0013;5528883]I guess they would not do an alternate world like this without showing Pete...but considering Blade looks to be getting the band back together will Peter somehow get supered in this world? Get his spider powers or a symbiote for the final battle?[/QUOT
    There is a lot of Peter related stuff out ( or will be coming out) it is good and does not do a WTF job on Peter, I can pick it up in trades later on.

Spectacular Member

I'm curious, I would love to see the difference of opinions on what makes a hero in this Peter Parker compared to Spider-Man, and see what kind of person Peter is without the guilt.

I hope the girlfriend of Peter is not Mary Jane, I would like to see him with the hero Gwen Stacy here, but I doubt it, so I just hope he has a nice girl other than MJ, without Peter being Spider-Man and without his growth as a person when putting the suit, I don't think MJ would be interested in him romantically.

I would have liked he became a scientist after college, but I will give this a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

With the Bugle involved, all the folks from there should show up - Jonah, Robbie, Betty, maybe Glory? spoilers:
    There's a pink haired girl in the preview, I wonder if that's Jessica Jones, who was retconned into being at school with Peter? Main universe Jessica had pink hair when she was Jewel. One notable omission is Cindy Moon, who shares Peter's origin. Shouldn't she have been on that same field trip and therefore be in that crowd when Flash accidentally stops Peter from getting his powers?
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dispatchdcu View Post
    Anyone excited for the Heroes Reborn Shutterbug issue? Or is no one reading it?

PREVIEW BELOW
    https://comicbookdispatch.com/heroes...bug-1-preview/
    That’s gonna be a “no” from me, dawg. I’d be perfectly fine never to read another “teen Peter” story as long as I live.

Astonishing Member

I liked how it showed the different perspectives of Hyperion and Peter.

Hyperion thinks that Peter is an annoyance who idolizes him. Peter is trying to get evidence that would destroy Hyperion.

Read it, this is not a Teen Peter Story, it's a tragedy story.