Default A Study in Scarlet Discussion/Read Along

Anybody else reading/have already read A Study in Scarlet? I was hoping to discuss it in potentially excruciating detail just so I don’t miss anything.

This one is quite a Holmes story in which the reader takes the perspective of Dr. Watson, basically waiting with baited breath to learn just how the deuce the brilliant deduction expert care to the conclusion of the suspect’s height or type of shoe after he didn’t explain it at all to the detectives.

Just for the sake of parameters let’s begin our discussion with Chapters 1-3. I hope this is as exciting for others as I hope it will be or this will really fall flat.

I’m sorry. I read the “A Study in Scarlet” a long time ago. The memory isn’t that fresh in my mind. I just remember that Sherlock Holmes deduced a lot from few clues.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I’m sorry. I read the “A Study in Scarlet” a long time ago. The memory isn’t that fresh in my mind. I just remember that Sherlock Holmes deduced a lot from few clues.
    Didn't he pilot that spaceship into that other spaceship and save something? It's been awhile for me too. Fortunately, it is on my Kindle. I shall see how accurate that memory is...

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Yes, I just read the part where he deduced that a man wrote in blood on the wall with his forefinger, as opposed to anything else or any of his other fingers, and some of that was just based off of how high the writing was on the wall.

Anyway, I’d be hoping to refresh memories with this thread if that’s what it would take to get the discussion flowing more naturally.