Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Could fighting wild animals be justified if the person takes on a rampaging one?

Should it be okay (or counted as self-defense to save the day) to fight wild animals if the person (esp a man) is trying to heroically stand up to one (such as a slightly enormous man-eating carnivorous beast or maybe a charging wild boar) that is rampaging and terrorizing a populated town before taking on it?
    Last edited by Tyrannoraptor; 05-08-2021 at 07:59 AM.

I must know the genesis of this thread?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Justified...........but not smart.

Depends on what you mean by fighting. If you're going to try to wrestle a grizzy bear or box a rhino, I'd highly suggest against it.

If a wolf is attacking people and you need to shoot it or tab it to stop it, there is 100% nothing wrong with that.

So are we basically talking about this?

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

You question the right that someone has to kill a wild animal in order to save people?

Animals in comics are often plot devices and aren’t usually seen as representatives of endangered species… unless the story is about endangered species.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Only if you're Hugh Glass, otherwise you'll end up like Wes Perkins (warning: don't google Wes Perkins if you don't like gore).

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    You question the right that someone has to kill a wild animal in order to save people?

Animals in comics are often plot devices and aren’t usually seen as representatives of endangered species… unless the story is about endangered species.
    But actually i when mention about fighting one i might not always necessarily mean that i want it dead/killed too soon while there were real life events that involve someone killing a wild animal in order to save people.
    Last edited by Tyrannoraptor; 05-08-2021 at 10:51 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Depends on what you mean by fighting. If you're going to try to wrestle a grizzy bear or box a rhino, I'd highly suggest against it.

If a wolf is attacking people and you need to shoot it or tab it to stop it, there is 100% nothing wrong with that.
    Yeah, you really can’t physically fight a Bear or a Lion. Thats an invitation to get maimed or worse.

But if said animal is rampaging and needs to be stopped, then using force (even lethal force) is justified.

However, it has to established that the animal is an actual threat. Because we have some idiots that feel that they are always justified in killing these animals because they have guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, you really can’t physically fight a Bear or a Lion. Thats an invitation to get maimed or worse.

But if said animal is rampaging and needs to be stopped, then using force (even lethal force) is justified.

However, it has to established that the animal is an actual threat. Because we have some idiots that feel that they are always justified in killing these animals because they have guns.
    But actually there were some real life events of men fighting or wrestling with bears or/& lions (esp the ones of the same size & including maybe 1 that wasn't on rampage).
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mX60S8r1FQw
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0oR_cax2ALA
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ66pE5Fwh8

1 example of pitting bears against pro-wrestlers
    Last edited by Tyrannoraptor; 05-09-2021 at 01:23 AM.

BANNED

I'm reminded of a hunter who was interviewed many years ago, responding to criticism that she killed a giraffe and had a photo taken of her with its neck wrapped around her like a stole. Her defense was that giraffes are dangerous creatures.

All I could think was "Then don't go looking for them."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannoraptor View Post
    Should it be okay (or counted as self-defense to save the day) to fight wild animals if the person (esp a man) is trying to heroically stand up to one (such as a slightly enormous man-eating carnivorous beast or maybe a charging wild boar) that is rampaging and terrorizing a populated town before taking on it?
    So what is this thread about? Were you just waiting so you could post some links to people fighting beasts? Or did you expect someone to say we shouldn't stop a bear from mauling a group of school children? What's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So what is this thread about? Were you just waiting so you could post some links to people fighting beasts? Or did you expect someone to say we shouldn't stop a bear from mauling a group of school children? What's the point?
    I have no clue what the point of this or a few other of his threads are. not trying to be mean to the OP but like is it okay to stop an animal from attacking someone? Which idea is the worst Trump's or Creationism? Can a wheelchair out run a wild animal? Is sacrificing animals ok? Wasnt there one on is killing animals to impress children okay? or was that someone else?
    Last edited by babyblob; 05-09-2021 at 06:42 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    But as for the links i just wanted to prove that someone has fought with lions and bears before and i didn't mean that we shouldn't stop a bear from mauling a group of school children!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannoraptor View Post
    But as for the links i just wanted to prove that someone has fought with lions and bears before and i didn't mean that we shouldn't stop a bear from mauling a group of school children!
    Is that why you started this thread. To later post links of people fighting animals? So why not just post a thread of people fighting animals? Why the question that everyone would answer the same way? I don't think most here understand what your point is.