Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    So who are the core members?

Angel
    Monet
    Sunspot
    Madrox
    Angel, Monet, and Madrox are confirmed. Trinary is heavily speculated bc she appears in a lot of preview materials. There may be more since Tini has mentioned assembling the board as their first task.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Like that Madrox cover. The preview pages have a wee hint of Wildcats 3.0 or Nowhere Men about them.

I'll definitely be giving this a shot.

I hope Layla Miller shows up at some point....

Every time I see Madrox on Krakoa, I wonder what Layla Miller is doing, but also don't entirely want her to appear, both because I'm not interested in minor appearances and it amuses me more to think she's just sitting at the farm with their kid avoiding all of this. If that makes sense.

I love all the covers. David Aja's great.
    Last edited by Paragon; 05-08-2021 at 04:29 PM.

would love to see Monet & Angel interaction. sounds fun.

I like the opening. As much as I wasn't going get into this book, I think there's a possibility of Selene being in the book. I'm trying to resist but it's hard to resist Selene. I'll just hope she won't be ruined like Betsy Braddock was.

I just can't get over the soulless, dead looks on their faces. And that's a hell of a bad motto.

I feel like this is going to be better than Excalibur. She's had time to figure out what she wants to do.

Fantastic Member

The preview hype has been leaning too much into office/corporate tropes for me. I certainly want to see some explosions and punches in noses without too much talk about Krakoan printer toner. (Definitely no X-Dilbert)
    Last edited by Jwyatt; 05-08-2021 at 09:01 PM.

Mighty Member

I know Jamie worked with Moira on Muir Island as a research assistant, but he’s a doctor now?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    The preview hype has been leaning too much into office/corporate tropes for me. I certainly want to see some explosions and punches in noses without too much talk about Krakoan printer toner. (Definitely no X-Dilbert)
    It does feel like they're missing a hook. Even COTA has the mystery with what exactly the kids motives are. Here the mystery is...I guess what X-Corp does?

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Is it just me or does the preview pages look like shots from a promotional corporate video? Like this is their pitch to potential investors, in video form?

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    In all honesty, I would really like to see some elements/tropes of workplace comedy in this title. I really really like how X-Titles under Hickman have so many different wavelengths and are so different from one another.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I just can't get over the soulless, dead looks on their faces. And that's a hell of a bad motto.
    I don’t know, I’d say it has the elements of a decent company slogan. Confident, assertive, alliteration that allows it to roll off the tongue easier.

Considering he purposely deployed dupes to acquire skills, talents, and knowledge in the past, it sounds entirely logical to me that he's a doctor now. And I'd love to see what Layla is up to.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    "We're simply superior" uh interesting motto. Do the other x teams have mottos?
    Yeah that kind of stood out to me too. I think think this is the first x-book this era i have zero interest in so far.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/