Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Love seeing Madrox doing so much work all at once. That definitely bodes well for the future of X-Corp.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I'm really looking forward to this comic.
    Just going off of the covers and preview pages, it really does kind of remind me of Wildcats 3.0.

I really miss Layla Millar. If she isn't going to be in the comic regularly, than perhaps Jamie will cheat on her with Monet .

I just wish that actual villains would be advertised for this comic. It would be nice to know who this team will be going up against, rather than just assuming that it will be generic pharmaceutical companies.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    "We're simply superior" uh interesting motto. Do the other x teams have mottos?
    No, but are other X-Teams also companies?

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I just can't get over the soulless, dead looks on their faces. And that's a hell of a bad motto.
    Check out the unlettered preview pages here: https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-p...mpression=true

Their faces look much better and it seems pretty clear that the soulless looks on the first page are intentional (probably some kind of video or projection welcoming people to X-Corp).

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Foche's backgrounds are nice, but his figure work and faces are extremely not my taste. The faces in particular are weird to the point of off-putting. It's a shame Kris Anka isn't doing interior work these days, he would have been perfect for this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    The preview hype has been leaning too much into office/corporate tropes for me. I certainly want to see some explosions and punches in noses without too much talk about Krakoan printer toner. (Definitely no X-Dilbert)
    We're sure to see lots of threats to Krakoa's corporate presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I don’t know, I’d say it has the elements of a decent company slogan. Confident, assertive, alliteration that allows it to roll off the tongue easier.
    Agreed. Falls right in line with all the commercials and ads we see in real life. "Are you in good hands?" "Like a good neighbor..."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The laziness of Angel's wings is unforgiveable.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Just read some spoiler free reviews and its definitely looking like a decent story that has a lot of missed opportunities , its nothing groundbreaking or great. Wanna read it myself to form my own opinion but i have a feeling I’ll probably agree with the reviewers.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Going by the ComicsXF review this is going to have the same issues pacing and story wise as Excalibur.

Really curious to see what the spoiler review on here will be because I know we may be a little more blunt in our dislike but a lot of the critiques are generally valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Just read some spoiler free reviews and its definitely looking like a decent story that has a lot of missed opportunities , its nothing groundbreaking or great. Wanna read it myself to form my own opinion but i have a feeling I’ll probably agree with the reviewers.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Going by the ComicsXF review this is going to have the same issues pacing and story wise as Excalibur.

Really curious to see what the spoiler review on here will be because I know we may be a little more blunt in our dislike but a lot of the critiques are generally valid.
    I usually wont look for spoiler free reviews for a comic so that I can make my own mind up before I read it.

But I saw these posts and decided to go looking at some comic sites.

Other than the ComicsXF review, the spoiler free reviews that I have come across were pretty positive. There was one negative review that I came across that still gave the comic a score of 7/10. So going off of these spoiler less reviews, the comic seems to be at least OK.

I still want to read it before I make up my own mind of course.

EDIT: One thing that comes up in reviews was that the corporate business theme may not be for everyone.
    Last edited by Thievery; 05-10-2021 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Foche's backgrounds are nice, but his figure work and faces are extremely not my taste. The faces in particular are weird to the point of off-putting. It's a shame Kris Anka isn't doing interior work these days, he would have been perfect for this book.
    The faces aren't really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I usually wont look for spoiler free reviews for a comic so that I can make my own mind up before I read it.

But I saw these posts and decided to go looking at some comic sites.

Other than the ComicsXF review, the spoiler free reviews that I have come across were pretty positive. There was one negative review that I came across that still gave the comic a score of 7/10. So going off of these spoiler less reviews, the comic seems to be at least OK.

I still want to read it before I make up my own mind of course.

EDIT: One thing that comes up in reviews was that the corporate business theme may not be for everyone.
    Yeah but you hate everything in this era. So we kind of already know

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah but you hate everything in this era. So we kind of already know
    Huh? Are you joking and the joke is going over my head? I have a hard time detecting posts that are meant to be funny online.

Hellions, Excalibur, X-Force, and Wolverine are favorite comics of mine. Off the top of my head The only comics from this era that I would say that I actively dislike are X-Men and Marauders. I only stopped liking Marauders after it became a comic that I felt spent to much time with Emma and Kate.
    X-Factor isn't exactly a favorite of mine, but I do think that I understand why other readers like it.

Edit: New Mutants is also a favorite of mine.
    Last edited by Thievery; 05-10-2021 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Huh? Are you joking and the joke is going over my head? I have a hard time detecting posts that are meant to be funny online.

Hellions, Excalibur, X-Force, and Wolverine are favorite comics of mine. Off the top of my head The only comics from this era that I would say that I actively dislike are X-Men and Marauders. I only stopped liking Marauders after it became a comic that I felt spent to much time with Emma and Kate.
    X-Factor isn't exactly a favorite of mine, but I do think that I understand why other readers like it.

Edit: New Mutants is also a favorite of mine.
    Yeah that was my bad. I totally read your post as someone elses. My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    So who are the core members?

Angel
    Monet
    Sunspot
    Madrox
    Monet and Warren are the leaders with Madrox and trinary being core members. I guess Bishop and Sunspot are also members

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Yeah some of the faces are alright but than others are just, not good. It's a shame this book lost Carmen Carnero because of covid delays/reshuffle.

My friend read a review copy of x-corp and said the issue was "a bust of a comic overall" but again it is just the first issue and everyone has different taste.