BANNED

Default Stargate Command VS the Monsterverse's Titan problem

A few weeks after the appearance of the first MUTO, Dr. Serizawa is paid a visit by an Air Force Colonel and told, in no uncertain terms, that if Monarch won't stop studying Titans instead of stopping them, then an even more covert organization will step in, and eradicate them.

That Airman is of course, Jack O'Neil and the organization is, of course, Stargate Command.

"Dr, you study threats that could decimate cities. We combat threats that can destroy whole planets. I think we can handle a few overgrown animals."

Needless to say, Serizawa stands his ground. A couple of months later, Stargate Command begins a covert war against Titankind with all the resources at its disposal.

Can the SGC take down the Titans of Earth?

Given that Jack's still a Colonel that means we're still well before humans get Asgardian weapons which means their best weapons are the Naquadah enhanced nukes, which had a yield of a gigaton(1000 megatons), honestly that's so far beyond a real nuke's yield(including Castle Bravo's 15 megatons) that they almost certainly could kill any of the titans, as well as a large portion of the continent they happen to be on

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    A few weeks after the appearance of the first MUTO, Dr. Serizawa is paid a visit by an Air Force Colonel and told, in no uncertain terms, that if Monarch won't stop studying Titans instead of stopping them, then an even more covert organization will step in, and eradicate them.

That Airman is of course, Jack O'Neil and the organization is, of course, Stargate Command.

"Dr, you study threats that could decimate cities. We combat threats that can destroy whole planets. I think we can handle a few overgrown animals."

Needless to say, Serizawa stands his ground. A couple of months later, Stargate Command begins a covert war against Titankind with all the resources at its disposal.

Can the SGC take down the Titans of Earth?
    Its been a bit since I watched much Stargate, but the obvious answer would be to beam them away, (either to space or another planet), given they have asgard tech now they should be well within their capabilities to do so. I don't think drones have the power to effectively kill Godzilla, at least not in a timely fashion. Also Godzilla seems to have a sense (I therorise to be a form of telepathy), to know when he's being threatened (see him attacking Apex facilities, and warning about King Ghidorah being awakened, or even just knowing where Kong is), meaning he's going to hit the SGC hard, possibly attacking Atlantis first. Theoretically they could also just use communication stones to body swap him, leaving someone in direct control of his body, while whatever body Godzilla is left controlling can be imprisoned.

they don't get Asgard tech until its General O'Neil rather than Colonel O'Neil, Colonel O'Neil means it's still pre battle of Antarctica, which means at the absolute best they have the Prometheus and however many F302s available for a space force, Daedalus ships weren't even a thing yet. Which means no plasma weapons, shields, or transporters. Just railguns, nukes, and I guess the one Ancient chair/drones if you want to spot them that, not that it matters because see above about Naquadah enhanced nukes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    they don't get Asgard tech until its General O'Neil rather than Colonel O'Neil, Colonel O'Neil means it's still pre battle of Antarctica, which means at the absolute best they have the Prometheus and however many F302s available for a space force, Daedalus ships weren't even a thing yet. Which means no plasma weapons, shields, or transporters. Just railguns, nukes, and I guess the one Ancient chair/drones if you want to spot them that, not that it matters because see above about Naquadah enhanced nukes.
    That's why its Colonel O'Neil, and not "punch holes in them from orbit from behind shields powered by triple ZPM's," or "McKay, get that thing out that nearly sent the thermal energy of the entire planet across your McKay-Rosen bridge and fix whatever that three-headed bastard is doing," Lt. Gen. O'Neil.